Pre-Booking Excursions Rhine River Cruise 6/18/18

Just thought I'd update that I called at eight this morning, got right through, and was able to book everything without a problem.
I called around 9:30 and they said only a couple of people had called in already! They were prepared for an onslaught of call but they didn’t come!

That's a little surprising! It's nice knowing that we don't have to rush to the ship and stress about getting the excursions we want. By the way JSMom2, enjoy your med cruise. We did that one a couple years ago and really enjoyed it.

That's a little surprising! It's nice knowing that we don't have to rush to the ship and stress about getting the excursions we want. By the way JSMom2, enjoy your med cruise. We did that one a couple years ago and really enjoyed it.
Yes it really takes a lot of stress off! We are taking the train in from Zurich that morning Now we won’t need to rush.

We did an 11 night Med cruise on the Magic back in 2007. 7 nights will go by so quickly!

I guess things picked up after I called on Friday. On Saturday morning I called back to add the Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam and it was already booked - even thought the 1st timers hadn't had a chance to call in. I asked how many people the tour holds, and they got back to me today to let me know that only 30 people on the entire ship can do the Van Goh museum! I'm not sure why they'd even offer it....

I guess things picked up after I called on Friday. On Saturday morning I called back to add the Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam and it was already booked - even thought the 1st timers hadn't had a chance to call in. I asked how many people the tour holds, and they got back to me today to let me know that only 30 people on the entire ship can do the Van Goh museum! I'm not sure why they'd even offer it....

That's disappointing...I really enjoyed it! I tried to remember how many we had on our tour and I think it was just a bus load so 30-40. Honestly it's probably ABD not wanting to pay 2 guides OR the museum limiting how many tour groups (and their numbers). Or both...

Looks like you'll be on the Magic a little before we will-we're only on it for 5 days though, so super short.

I was assuming that the limit was on the painting workshop portion of that excursion. If you really want to see the museum, I'm sure you could go on your own although I definitely understand it would be disappointing not to be able to do it with the group. Maybe there also might be some last-minute cancellations. I did sign up for that one but thinking about taking home two paintings and two clogs in my small amount of luggage is making me rethink both of those excursions :-)

Last edited:
Got the email from my TA that we can prebook on March 4 (March 2 for prior ABD guests). Lots of fun choices, so I figure we can't go wrong, but I do hope they have plenty of availability for the couple of excursions they offer. Would be disappointing if you have choice A or B, but only 1/4 of the guests can book B or whatever, though I understand venue restrictions. Just seems they should pick a different excursion that can accommodate more if that is the issue. We'll see! Either way, I'm sure we will have a great time.

Got the email from my TA that we can prebook on March 4 (March 2 for prior ABD guests). Lots of fun choices, so I figure we can't go wrong, but I do hope they have plenty of availability for the couple of excursions they offer. Would be disappointing if you have choice A or B, but only 1/4 of the guests can book B or whatever, though I understand venue restrictions. Just seems they should pick a different excursion that can accommodate more if that is the issue. We'll see! Either way, I'm sure we will have a great time.

Hi Sabre, would you mind updating us how it goes when you book your excursions tomorrow? We will also be in the first timers category for the July 23rd trip and I'm a little worried. Since we have a small 9 year old, quite a few of the excursions are ineligible for us to sign up for (which I knew we we booked the trip). What I didn't know at the time, was that the excursions that we can sign up for have group size limitations. Sigh...

Hi Sabre, would you mind updating us how it goes when you book your excursions tomorrow? We will also be in the first timers category for the July 23rd trip and I'm a little worried. Since we have a small 9 year old, quite a few of the excursions are ineligible for us to sign up for (which I knew we we booked the trip). What I didn't know at the time, was that the excursions that we can sign up for have group size limitations. Sigh...

My TA called ABD this morning and got all of my requests, including the Van Gogh painting experience. We also registered for the Waterfall hike/zip line in the Black Forest, the indoor winter park, the Heidelberg Castle tour, boat tour and macaroon class, and clog painting thing.

I was assuming that the limit was on the painting workshop portion of that excursion. If you really want to see the museum, I'm sure you could go on your own although I definitely understand it would be disappointing not to be able to do it with the group. Maybe there also might be some last-minute cancellations. I did sign up for that one but thinking about taking home two paintings and two clogs in my small amount of luggage is making me rethink both of those excursions :-)

We are staying 2 nights afterwards so we'll have a chance to do the museum later. But I thought the painting would be a neat experience. But we are doing the clogs, so yeah maybe that would be a bit much to bring back :)

Just thought I'd update that I called at eight this morning, got right through, and was able to book everything without a problem.
Which trip are you doing? We are on the July 9 Rhine sailing and can't figure out if the horseback riding is there or not. The detailed excursion brochure lists "Excursion to Riquewihr" but doesn't mention the horseback riding while the one page excursion chart still shows it.

June 18th. I'm under the impression that it's still a part of that excursion but I will post if it's not.

Which trip are you doing? We are on the July 9 Rhine sailing and can't figure out if the horseback riding is there or not. The detailed excursion brochure lists "Excursion to Riquewihr" but doesn't mention the horseback riding while the one page excursion chart still shows it.

I just got the email about pre booking excursions and was interested to see that they added another option on to the Amsterdam day....a trip and etch workshop at the Rembrandt museum! Pretty cool

Lando1- also cruising July 23... Rhine. Have older teens. And traveling with gramma. Excited and nervous.

June 18th. I'm under the impression that it's still a part of that excursion but I will post if it's not.
Hey there Quinnc19. We will be going on the same trip as you. My DH and son his girlfriend. I'm so excited...only one week to go! This will be our first cruise. See you soon!

We are very excited here also - leaving tomorrow and stopping in Iceland on our way to Switzerland (spending a couple days in the Alps)!! Safe travels!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter