Premium in July....Preferred in December ...oh my

Addie'sDad

Earning My Ears
We recently purchased our 42' Grand design reflection 5th wheel. Have taken her out 7 or 8 times so far with no problems. First trip to the fort will be July 4th week in a premium site. 2nd trip will be 1st week in December. Only thing available in Dec was preferred. is it possible? should i cancel? im checking disney site everyday, but have yet to see a premium become available. Very nervous about backing her in in general, but scared to death of a prefered.

There are some preferred sites that will fit a 42 footer. Be sure to let them know on your reservation the length. Be prepared to park your truck in the front parking lot, I highly doubt it will fit on your site.

Last edited:
There are some preferred sites that will fit a 42 footer. Be sure to let them know on your reservation the length. Be prepared to park your truck in the front parking lot, I highly doubt it will fit on tour site.
Ok thanks for the info....hopefully I’m stressing over nothing. I’m sure a quick search would find it but, is there a direct number to the ft wilderness cm’s To chat about the length to make sure it’s noted correctly?

Ok thanks for the info....hopefully I’m stressing over nothing. I’m sure a quick search would find it but, is there a direct number to the ft wilderness cm’s To chat about the length to make sure it’s noted correctly?

You can call the regular WDW reservation number and ask to have a note added to your reservation with the length of your trailer. That info gets passed down to the resort and even though the computer does pre-assignments, a CM puts eyes on notes and special requests and tries to match up what's available. I've used the calling method my last ten trips or so and it's always been on the reservation when I've arrived.

I had site 126 this past Halloween (Preferred in 100 loop) and the shortest side paved was over 60 ft and the longest side paved was nearly 80 ft. Plus the conquina pad behind that. It was VERY long. So there are some sites in 100/200 that could accommodate you.

When you check in at the Fort in December, have the CM confirm that you will fit in the site they have assigned you. They have a big 3-ring binder type book of each site with dimensions they can refer to.

Bama Ed

I would keep calling and seeing if they have one available to switch you over to.

Last year, we found out late that we could use my Dad's RV and had to piece together campsites to get the week--we did that over 6 months. You could always start a second reservation, as Premium dates come open, to get the week and then cancel the Preferred after you have all the days. This would be much more time & effort, though.

Depending on what you are towing with you are not going to have the turning radius to get your truck in front of your camper. We had a crew cab dually and a 30 foot trailer and almost could not make a site in 100. Electrical boxes, other people cars, the trash and recycling containers all come in to play at Disney. Once we are singled down on our truck, I would attempt my 43ft in a lot of places, but then I will be dually length with a cut radius on the truck of 50 degrees vs the 30/35 I used to have on my pickup.

You can always use Google Earth to get an overhead, and there is a measurement tool available. Give you an idea of the space you have to work with down there.

It would really suck to get all the way there and find out you do not fit and they have no where else to put you because of the time of year. And the local campgrounds will be full with snowbirds.

Our last trip they first assigned us to 1300, we could not get in to the site, no way, no how. Electrical pole for out front to mark the site opposite us. The 1300 loop was very confined when towing a 43 ft trailer with a Crew Cab Dually, had trees to miss, parked cars and trucks. We landed in 1100, just cleared the recycle area. Make no mistake, the premiums are wider, but the loops were created in the 1970's with no thought that trailers would ever be this big.

Best of luck with your decision.

Depending on what you are towing with you are not going to have the turning radius to get your truck in front of your camper. We had a crew cab dually and a 30 foot trailer and almost could not make a site in 100. Electrical boxes, other people cars, the trash and recycling containers all come in to play at Disney. Once we are singled down on our truck, I would attempt my 43ft in a lot of places, but then I will be dually length with a cut radius on the truck of 50 degrees vs the 30/35 I used to have on my pickup.

You can always use Google Earth to get an overhead, and there is a measurement tool available. Give you an idea of the space you have to work with down there.

It would really suck to get all the way there and find out you do not fit and they have no where else to put you because of the time of year. And the local campgrounds will be full with snowbirds.
18 Silverado 3500 short bed is TV. Would it make much difference, I tow with the Andersen 5th wheel ultimate, so with it being a ‘ball’ setup I can hook/unhook at a bit of an angle?

18 Silverado 3500 short bed is TV. Would it make much difference, I tow with the Andersen 5th wheel ultimate, so with it being a ‘ball’ setup I can hook/unhook at a bit of an angle?

The biggest issue with Disney is the stuff on the other side of the road.

Yes some back ins at the Fort can be very difficult. From a random tree, garage bins, recycle bins to even the loop number pole. It can all get in the way quick.

Also keep checking right before, most likely they can upgrade you. Especially the week prior, check online and call. People do cancel :)

I still trying to upgrade our halloween reservations as I want premium but I have full as thats all that was there.

I always ask for the outside of the loop. I know it is on the side you can’t see as well, but on some of the curves it is almost a straight back in shot. My dog gives poor directions when I back in, but the rear view camera really helps. I get out and look a couple times and then settle in for a week or two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!