Presidents Day Weekend Crowds

jenniferhouston2

Mouseketeer
I just took a peak at the Disney App at 1:15, today (Saturday) 2/17.

Splash Mountain 125 mins
BTMR 105 mins
HM 70 mins
PP 125 mins
7DMT 110 mins
Space Mountain 225 Mins

:crazy2::crazy2:

Is this normal, or just a continuation of the 2018 Year of the Crowds?

I am going in June and these times are scary

That isn't much different to the rest of the week. I went into MK this morning and it was crazy though, we drove to the gates about 8.15 and had to queue for parking, were parked miles away, then massive queues for security. We got to our Rapunzel fastpasses at 9.50, 20 min after our window (they did let us in still)

Animal kingdom had a lot of people today. As I was leaving at 11:30 this morning the lines at the ticket booths were very long. Although at 10:30 the Safari line said 60 mins standby, which didn’t seem too bad to me, FOP was 180 as usual.

I just took a peak at the Disney App at 1:15, today (Saturday) 2/17.

Splash Mountain 125 mins
BTMR 105 mins
HM 70 mins
PP 125 mins
7DMT 110 mins
Space Mountain 225 Mins

:crazy2::crazy2:

Is this normal, or just a continuation of the 2018 Year of the Crowds?

Well this next week is winter break (Presidents week) for a lot of schools so not surprised. Although, I'm curious if the last week of February will continue the higher crowds as Disney Princess Half Marathon runs the weekend of the 24th. There seems to be events (dance competitions, marathons, Epcot festivals, etc.) every weekend at WDW, so probably crowds will still remain high.

Winter break seems to be getting longer and longer - a few schools around me get Thurs/Fri and Mon/Tues off - which makes it more attractive for traveling longer distances. Plus this year it started during the same week as Mardi Gras, which always magnifies the impact on crowd levels because the Louisiana folks are still there when the Presidents' weekend folks start arriving.

Mardi Gras week was this past week & that is always packed too. So I think the weekend is extra busy with an overlap of the end of Mardi Gras week & the beginning of president’s week.

Mardi Gras was very early this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter