priceline.com

rhoandtro

Earning My Ears
can u go wrong using priceline? never have tried and can u go wrong? Looking for a good rate from Phoenix to WDW. Any other suggestions? Thanks

Lots of people have gotten great deals on Priceline for hotels, car rentals and airfare. Using it for airfare is trickier (in my opinion) than for the other two. Please check out http://pub4.ezboard.com/bpricelineandexpediabidding.html for a LOT of info and bidding tips -especially the sections on hotels in Orlando and air travel.

The most important thing I can stress is to READ THE RULES CAREFULLY! There are no changes or refunds once you hit the "submit" button! Your credit card will be charged right away, so your dates need to be firm.. If you're worried about losing a lot of money if an emergency arises, then purchase travel insurance.

Yes, it's very easy to overbid if you don't properly check available airfares for your travel dates. You also have to read all of the rules and make sure you agree to them. Not everyone is flexible enough to conform with Priceline's rules and you can't make any changes at all once your bid has been accepted, not even by paying a fee like you can when purchasing directly from the airlines or a travel agent. In return for your flexibility, you can save a lot of money. I host a message board devoted exclusively to Priceline bidding. A lot of DISers are regulars there as well.

If you decide to bid for an airline ticket and would like help bidding, please read through the Airline Ticket FAQ and provide all of the information requested by posting to the Bidding Related Questions category.

http://pub4.ezboard.com/bpricelineandexpediabidding

I think the biggest drawback of Priceline is that everything is nonrefundable/non changeable. You really have to be 100% that you are taking the trip. There's no turning back once your bid is accepted.

I've used them 2 times for hotels, and have been happy both times.

rhoantro, when are you planning on traveling to WDW? We travel out of Phoenix to Orlando for our trips to WDW and have had the best prices for airfare with SWA. Currently, if you travel up until June 8, you pay $99/one way which is an excellent price from Phx to MCO.

Part of our trip is within that time frame, so I contacted SWA to see if we could use that $99/one way a few weeks ago. They do not book that far in advance, but the SWA person I talked with said that this deal has been going on for 15 months and has done exceedingly well for SWA, so she would not be surprised if it is not extended after June 8.

I put myself on SWA's e-mail notification for specials to keep me up. You also could check out expedia and travelocity for specials, too.

pooh_anm.gif

<font color=fuchsia>DVC/OKW '97</font>
<font color=fuchsia>OKW June2-18, 2001</font>

Never mind $99, Southwest currently has a fare for $79 each way from Phoenix. Good for travel through May 16, and also matched by Northwest.

--- Mark

Wow! Too bad we travel after May! :( But I bet they will continue having great offers!

pooh_anm.gif

<font color=fuchsia>DVC/OKW '97</font>
<font color=fuchsia>OKW June2-18, 2001</font>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter