Priceline Express Deals

well I was too nervous to try Priceline so I went to Hotwire for 7/2, one night, two rooms. Here's what I got for $106 per night plus taxes

Hotwire also gave the choice of two queens and a murphy bed and also said the last person got Port Orleans Riverside so I was pretty confident I would get it. Thanks Disboards for the info!!!

That's a great win and I think the first Hotwire datapoint I've seen in a while. Congrats. Was it a 3.5* or 3* ?

it was listed as a 3.5*

By the time our plane lands and we get over there it will be basically to sleep, so I am very pleased with the win. I'm saving $100 dollars having two rooms there over the two rooms I had booked at CSR.

I'm assuming that I now have to call Hotwire to have them put a different adult name on each room? Right now both rooms are listed under my husband's name because I booked both rooms at the same time.

Last edited:
so now trying to get these two hotel rooms linked to my MDE is becoming an issue. So far Hotwire was able to give me one confirmation number, I linked it and it shows my husband as the only traveler, with only one hotel room. Been on hold for over a half an hour. Maybe I should have just kept my CSR ressies. ;););)

Edited- well now I have two rooms listed in MDE, both with my husband as the only traveler. I really don't feel like making any more phone calls to add the rest of us.

Last edited:
so now trying to get these two hotel rooms linked to my MDE is becoming an issue. So far Hotwire was able to give me one confirmation number, I linked it and it shows my husband as the only traveler, with only one hotel room. Been on hold for over a half an hour. Maybe I should have just kept my CSR ressies. ;););)

Edited- well now I have two rooms listed in MDE, both with my husband as the only traveler. I really don't feel like making any more phone calls to add the rest of us.
Just keep trying. I haven't done it before, but if you go through this thread lots of people seem to struggle to get it all straightened out but it seems to work out in the end!

Orbitz and Cheaptickets are a breeze to get it done. I don't know if the person I got at Hotwire was just inexperienced, but I really don't want to call again. I just want to go to POR and sleep. :rotfl::rotfl:

I’m looking for July 15-18. If anyone finds anything, could u let me know? All I see is probably the swan, but they aren’t on Disney’s magical express, are they? We are not renting a car, so we need the airport shuttle.

I'm a bit confused with hotwire,I was playing with looking up deals and came across a listing for what I believe is wilderness lodge.it listed room types as king or queens with bunkbeds for 98 dollars to 113 dollars per night at the end of july. The confusion is it says the resort charges 30 dollars a night "resort fees"

I'm a bit confused with hotwire,I was playing with looking up deals and came across a listing for what I believe is wilderness lodge.it listed room types as king or queens with bunkbeds for 98 dollars to 113 dollars per night at the end of july. The confusion is it says the resort charges 30 dollars a night "resort fees"

Could be the Wyndham Grand - it has bunk beds, and has a resort fee.

That sounds like the Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek. They have floor plans with bunk beds:
https://www.wyndhamgrandorlando.com/assets/pdfs/Bunk.pdf
https://www.wyndhamgrandorlando.com/accommodations/orlando-hotel-rooms

It's still a good deal for that resort though and it's a very nice place, but yes, none of the WDW on-property perks.

It’s now been 3 phone calls and I am still trying to get Hotwire to fix our 2 room ressies to reflect who is in each room. I swear this is getting beyond ridiculous at this point.

If WL is available through Priceline or Hotwire, I would expect it to be ~$200. I’m looking for late summer. My goal is to try to snag something like BWI or AKL for $200 or POFQ or POR for $100.

If WL is available through Priceline or Hotwire, I would expect it to be ~$200. I’m looking for late summer. My goal is to try to snag something like BWI or AKL for $200 or POFQ or POR for $100.

the bunk beds threw me,I went to wyndham bonnet creek and did not see bunk beds listed as an option so I just assumed it could be wilderness lodge.

It’s so strange! I am getting different results than you in the same search (June 30 to July 7). The only deals coming up for those dates in the Bonnet Creek are are a 3.5-Star condo and a 4.5 which would be the Swan.

We are actually going July 6-10; does the BWI deal show up for that range?

What are the identifying amenities/details that helps finding the swan or dolphin?

Hi. I a see amenities such as airport shuttle, pets allowed, swimming pool, and restaurant at a three star hotel in the "Disney area, Lake Buena Vista" for $58. I am searching 8/20 - 8/25 and trying for a moderate. This sounds like it might be a value. How might I narrow it down to a moderate?

I also found a 3 star hotel on Hotwire for those dates for $141/night, Bonnet Creek area, with airport shuttle. Maybe that is one of the moderates?

eta: I read through the thread; I clicked on the overview and saw the four hotels it is guaranteed to be. Coronado was one. The others were off site.

Last edited:
This is all my personal opinion but -

On Hotwire

3 stars tend to be values (All Stars) and 3.5 stars moderates. Also check the bed type, doubles = values and gueens = moderates.

For those dates I’m seeing what is probably CSR for $158. It also mentions a fitness center which I know CSR had one. Not sure if that changed with all the reno going on there?

Last edited:
What are the identifying amenities/details that helps finding the swan or dolphin?

On Priceline Express Deals, Swan is easiest identified as a 4.5* in Bonnet Creek with a resort fee of about $31.50. The Dolphin is a 4* in Bonnet Creek with a similar resort fee, but the rating is a 7+ which helps to separate it from other hotels in that 4* category. Consider getting the Hotel Canary add-in for Chrome which does a good job identifying the Swan and Dolphin.

Last edited:
Hotwire.com is offering a 4 & 5-Star Hotel Stay in New York, Miami, San Francisco, Chicago, Los Angeles, Austin, Washington DC and Orlando for just $49 per Night (Does not include taxes or resort fees) valid for stays between June 26th and July 8th, 2018 (applies to first 2 nights).

Note, the offer is valid on participating Hot Rate Hotels, while supplies last. Valid for travel June 26 - July 8, 2018. Promotional rate valid on first 2 nights of eligible travel dates, double occupancy. Limit 1 booking per person. Prices do not include taxes or resort fees.

Steps
  1. Click here then choose New York, Miami, San Francisco, Chicago, Los Angeles, Austin, Washington DC and Orlando as your destination and select the desired dates for your stay between June 26th and July 8th (maximum of 2 nights at the promotional price)
  2. On the next page select a star rating of 5-stars near the top of the page, then select the area you'd like to stay
    • Note, you will not see which hotel you will receive until after booking
  3. Complete your booking
From SD

Hi. I a see amenities such as airport shuttle, pets allowed, swimming pool, and restaurant at a three star hotel in the "Disney area, Lake Buena Vista" for $58. I am searching 8/20 - 8/25 and trying for a moderate. This sounds like it might be a value. How might I narrow it down to a moderate?
I don't think that's a disney hotel, none of them have pets allowed on HW/PL (even though they did the experiment this year). Have you looked at the list on better bidding?

Refine your search to Bonnet Creek neighborhood for Disney hotels

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter