Priceline Express Deals

I've been trying to contact Hotwire all day and each time I call I get a recording saying they are "having technical difficulties". I think given the CDC recommendation to limit non-essential travel that we should comply. Our trip is in 10 days. We are sad, but plan to reschedule as soon as it is safe. Expedia is Hotwire's parent company and they are allowing cancellations and refunds of "non-refundable/final" bookings. I would hope HW follows suit as this really is outside of our control. I really don't want to cancel---merely reschedule to a later date in the hope that this is resolved soon and hoping they'll accommodate my request. #fingerscrossed
According to the New York Times, refunds will be given ... and according to Hotwire, they will refund if hotel is refundable, even the “hot rate” fares.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/12/business/disneyland-coronavirus.htmlView attachment 480563
This says that if you are eligible for cancellation, which I thought hot rate hotels were not? My first call is going to be to Disney, then I guess to hotwire.

This says that if you are eligible for cancellation, which I thought hot rate hotels were not? My first call is going to be to Disney, then I guess to hotwire.
Here’s the link to HW cancel info. There’s wording about non-refundable fares in there.

https://www.hotwire.com/lp/coronavirus-travel
I’m going on the assumption that WDW lifted cancel fees, so HW will allow cancellations.

I’ll save you all a phone call - Disney Wholesale cannot (will not) cancel your room. There is no reason to contact them before contacting Hotwire.

For anyone worried about a refund, I wanted to share a success story! On Wednesday night (so the day before the announced park closing) I contacted Hotwire through Facebook messenger, requesting a cancellation for my non-refundable reservation at AKL from March 31-April 2. I heard back fairly quickly, and the agent said that even though it was non-refundable, they would ask AKL if they would allow the cancel. I heard back in probably 30 minutes that it was approved, and I received an email with confirmation that the full amount was being refunded. It was easy, and I was very thankful! And sad...

For anyone worried about a refund, I wanted to share a success story! On Wednesday night (so the day before the announced park closing) I contacted Hotwire through Facebook messenger, requesting a cancellation for my non-refundable reservation at AKL from March 31-April 2. I heard back fairly quickly, and the agent said that even though it was non-refundable, they would ask AKL if they would allow the cancel. I heard back in probably 30 minutes that it was approved, and I received an email with confirmation that the full amount was being refunded. It was easy, and I was very thankful! And sad...
Now their Facebook says they are not using facebook at this time to service cancellations. I still sent a message but also sent email last night.

I have two Priceline bookings for June 28th to July 4th. My daughter in law is a teacher and now all the schools are closing for who knows how long. Really wish I had booked for later in the summer. The governor says the school year won’t go later then June 30th but that is two days into our trip. Eeeeek

I did a PLE deal at the Hyatt at MCO for the night before our DCV stay. The reservation was for March 18. Our trip is all fully cancelled except for the Priceline portion.

Any tips for getting this non-refundable booking refunded?

Also curious if Priceline will change the non-refundable rules of PLE bookings affected by the virus. Anyone call and have success?

Also curious if Priceline will change the non-refundable rules of PLE bookings affected by the virus. Anyone call and have success?

I chatted with an agent on Priceline’s site. they were able to cancel my reservation by calling the hotel and getting them to waive non refundable restrictions bc of my conference being canceled from the virus. This was on Monday before the craziness of the last few days.

I waited on hold with the chat thing for 175 mins and when I was down to 15 mins it booted me off. I called and was told the wait is 18 hours and 13 mins and they would call me back. I am booked at the Swan starting Monday. Marriott is finally allowing cancellations, but I can't get thru to PL to see if they will allow it.
Has anyone here gotten thru to PL yet?

Gotta say that I’m feeling pretty good about my booking right now. I was worried that Disney keeping resorts open would mean I’m SOL if the parks aren’t open by my trip (because I technically could go). Now I can just wait and see what happens by my travel dates in May. Hopefully everything is open and I can proceed as planned. If not, I’ll have the money back to book a later trip.

I’ll save you all a phone call - Disney Wholesale cannot (will not) cancel your room. There is no reason to contact them before contacting Hotwire.
Disney wholesale never would have been able to cancel a 3rd party booking but in the past if you wanted to have a Disney room cancelled that was booked through Hotwire (and maybe through PL though I have no first hand experience with that), you could contact Disney to give their permission for Hotwire to cancel it. There need to be many cancellations now and so Hotwire has changed protocol at present.

Disney wholesale never would have been able to cancel a 3rd party booking but in the past if you wanted to have a Disney room cancelled that was booked through Hotwire (and maybe through PL though I have no first hand experience with that), you could contact Disney to give their permission for Hotwire to cancel it. There need to be many cancellations now and so Hotwire has changed protocol at present.
I understand that - but I saw a few people mention calling Disney, and had just spoken to Disney wholesale (about something else) and it seemed relevant at the time.

I did a PLE deal at the Hyatt at MCO for the night before our DCV stay. The reservation was for March 18. Our trip is all fully cancelled except for the Priceline portion.

Any tips for getting this non-refundable booking refunded?

You can see my original story a few posts up but to update everyone:
A rep from PL did call me back. It was at 00:20 last night. Luckily I was working and able to grab it otherwise I would’ve been home asleep and missed the call. She put me on hold, verified with Swan they’d allow me to cancel, and issued a refund. Such a relief!

Hotwire emailed me with the following info:

f your travel is seven days or further out and our partner supplier has issued a flexibility policy on their website approving cancels or changes, we encourage you to submit an email cancellation request instead of calling, which will automatically route to one of our agents and save you significant time.

Flights or Packages: Email us at support_vacation@hotwire.com and include the following in the body of the message:

• Hotwire itinerary number
  • Six-digit airline confirmation code
  • Email address tied to your account

Hotel or Car: Email your request to bookinghelp@hotwire.com and include the following in the body of the message:

• Hotel or car confirmation code

We will respond with the amount that will be credited to your credit / debit card which you used at the time of purchase. Please note, by submitting the form you are giving Hotwire the right to cancel your purchase. All cancellations are final and cannot be reversed.

We hope that by sharing information with you as the situation evolves, we can help you navigate through this time and provide peace of mind for your next trip.

Safe Travels,

Hotwire Travel Team

Hotwire emailed me with the following info:

f your travel is seven days or further out and our partner supplier has issued a flexibility policy on their website approving cancels or changes, we encourage you to submit an email cancellation request instead of calling, which will automatically route to one of our agents and save you significant time.

Flights or Packages: Email us at support_vacation@hotwire.com and include the following in the body of the message:

• Six-digit airline confirmation code

Hotel or Car: Email your request to bookinghelp@hotwire.com and include the following in the body of the message:

• Hotel or car confirmation code

We will respond with the amount that will be credited to your credit / debit card which you used at the time of purchase. Please note, by submitting the form you are giving Hotwire the right to cancel your purchase. All cancellations are final and cannot be reversed.

We hope that by sharing information with you as the situation evolves, we can help you navigate through this time and provide peace of mind for your next trip.

Safe Travels,

Hotwire Travel Team
I heard back from HW after sending the email request - and I have to call because my travel is imminent. My check-in date isn’t for 2 weeks, so I’m not sure why that is the response. Ugh.

I was able to get in touch with hotwire yesterday after being hung up on 3 times. It took about 2 hours. They tried to charge me $60 cancel fee because they could not get through to reach disney. I told them no disney is allowing cancellations and I would hold while the waited to get in touch with disney. Eventually they got an ok from a supervisor and I am getting refunded completely

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts