Priceline Rental Car and Delta Strike...TravelSheryl...anyone???

jjnb7709

Earning My Ears
TravelSheryl...I hope you're out there! I've been playing with priceline (every 7th day!) placing bids - haven't been accepted yet, but now I'm kind of relieved because we're flying Delta 5/7-5/11 which looks like we might hit the perfect time for them to strike. So, I'm guessing Priceline wouldn't have much sympathy if that happened and I would be stuck with a rental I couldn't use (if airline strikes and we drive). Now I'm wondering if I can bid Priceline for same day rental - or possibly the day before we leave? Do you think that would work (I don't know if they have things up until the last minute)? Any advice or anyone done this before? Thanks!!

Make sure you make (cancellable) back up car rental reservations.
Hotwire also permits same day reservations (2 hours).
Priceline states in the event your flight is delayed or rescheduled they will hold your car until noon the next day. Your rental time begins when you pick up the car.
Priceline states to call them with your airline and flight information if your flight is cancelled and not rescheduled. They don't say what, if anything, they'll do for you.

There's a priceline how-to site? Can someone tell me where to find it? Is it just for WDW or are there other cities, too? TIA

TravelSheryl would LOVE me to post this link to the PRICELINE BOARD .
:)

<font face="papyrus"><font size=2><font color=blue>BethR
Budget Board and
Disney for Families BoardCo-Host
BethR@wdwinfo.com</font>
anipooh.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter