Princess race weekend question

NJlauren

DIS Veteran
The princess race weekend always seems to fall at the end of presidents week, does this make this weekend really crowded?

I would like to have a goal race for early 2019 and was thinking the Princess half (or 10K) would be a great option, but then again I don’t want to go if it makes the weekend unbearable.

I would suggest going down the Thursday or Friday before the race and staying through the next week, if possible. It is not been unbearable to me, but I am a planner. As long as you get your FastPasses, Dining Reservations and have some patience it is not that bad. The crowds really tend to die down after Sunday's half.

New England has that week as school vacation every year so if you want to extend your trip I would do it for the days after race weekend. It shouldn't be as crowded.

I ran Princess in 2017 and found the crowds to be completely bearable. Like @KSellers88 said, if you plan and have patience it can be a really fun weekend!
New England has that week as school vacation every year so if you want to extend your trip I would do it for the days after race weekend. It shouldn't be as crowded.

This reminds that last year Princess weekend was right before mardi gras and there were a lot of LA families there because it is a school holiday for those folks. Again, not a bother! They were fun :)

That’s why I was asking lots of schools in this area are off too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter