Princess Weekend 2020

As much as I despise the concept (because it’s ugly to those slower people and they have NO idea what it’s like to be slower), the “dead last start” people show that you can start last and still have a good race.

A few went by me (and I had some hand gestures to their backs because I think their behavior is vile) and they were nimbly picking their ways through the group without an issue.

So in general, the theme of your post that says "let's all do our bit to be considerate", I agree with. But why rag on the DLS people if, as you acknowledge, they were making their way through without issue? I view DLS as a "personal challenge to keep things interesting" kind of thing. I doubt people do this thinking "let's see how many people I can humiliate".

But why rag on the DLS people if, as you acknowledge, they were making their way through without issue? I view DLS as a "personal challenge to keep things interesting" kind of thing. I doubt people do this thinking "let's see how many people I can humiliate".

I am a person capable of seeing the good and bad in people and things and can be fair when it’s needed.

My first or second princess, I saw the main guy who does this at the finish. He had a shirt with the number of KILLS printed on it from the previous year.

So, a man ran a female-centric run, counting the number of people he had passed, and called them *kills*.

It’s gross.

AND they ALSO show that IF you are fast and having a good day, AND are willing to not be glued together, you can have a decent run from the back. Their running etiquette is also on point, from what I’ve seen. No flailing elbows. Which is good.

This year their shirts said “dead last start PEW PEW”... They are still considering it to be a kill. I do not appreciate being thought of a someone to kill, as a faster lucky person goes past me.

The DLS “kill” stuff is, ironically, a hill I will die on.

In a typical Disney HM I pass hundreds of fellow runners and am passed by hundreds of others.

I feel neither triumph passing people or humiliation being passed. As long as we stay out of each other's way to the extent possible, I simply could care less who I pass and who passes me. I focus on enjoying my race and achieving my goals (however modest they may be) and simply do not allow others to effect my attitude.

Congrats to all! I am way behind in writing up my thoughts, but here they are!

I got to the expo on Saturday late morning and I didn't wait in more than a 5 minute line for anything. Some items were sold out but w/ pre-orders, I got everything I really wanted with no hassle.

I stayed at Pop Century, and on race morning I walked right onto a bus with no line. My only issue was that they ran out of bananas the night before.

I did the half and I had a GREAT time. The weather cooperated perfectly, I was in corral D and had no trouble. I listened to Jessica Simpson's new memoir audiobook and let me tell you that completely entertained me... the miles flew by!! The part about her Mickey Mouse Club audition was particularly timely, lol.

It was a fantastic time from start to finish. If I were to change one thing it would be to add Mickey/Minnie characters to the post-race photo area.

Circling back on the race shirts since I complained about the yellow ... I retract my complaint! In person, I like it better. I ended up loving the vibrant colors of all the shirts, and seeing them in the parks! I love the "I Did It" half finisher shirt this year with a nice solid color (no weird armpit color panels, yay! I am so tired of the contrasting, heathered panels on everything) and good fit.

After doing this race and the Wine & Dine last fall which both had the new race shirts, I've decided I prefer these new race shirts to the Champion brand. I find the material lighter and more breathable. And my last Champion runDisney shirts pilled badly where the race medal rubbed, after just a few hours of wear. The old Champion Vapor "I Did It" etc. shirts for purchase were unwearable to me — flimsy and super weirdly sized.

Finally, I stayed until Tuesday night and did the parks. Didn't bother with DHS because I have no interest in fighting the crowds or joining the Rise of the Resistance lottery. The Festival of the Arts was a highlight, as was the skyliner! The Epcot construction is oppressive... but I really hope something great comes out when it's all done.

I loved following along with everyone on this board and I hope I can sign up for this race again next year!!

Last edited:

So.....who else is glad they got in this race before basically every race ever got cancelled?!
Me!!! Signed up about a month before the race because I was jealous during Marathon Weekend and didn't want to wait until Star Wars in April. Kinda sorta regretted that decision a little bit as I was undertrained, but now I am very, very thankful I decided to do Princess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!