Princess Weekend 2021

So if I am planning to run with two other people, how do we register to ensure we all are in the same corral? I have no idea how any of that works. Thanks!

For the 10k, you can submit an expected finish time. If you're doing the 10k, you can all submit the same expected finish time.

For the half marathon and challenge, you have to submit a proof of time from a race (10k or longer) that took place within two years prior to the race (so February 2019 or newer). If you don't submit the POT, you will likely be placed in the last corral. If the three of you submit similar times, you will likely be in the same corral. Keep in mind that you can drop back corrals, but you can't move up. For example, if the three of you were placed in corrals A, B, and C, the runners in A and B could drop back to be with the person in C.

For the 10k, you can submit an expected finish time. If you're doing the 10k, you can all submit the same expected finish time.

For the half marathon and challenge, you have to submit a proof of time from a race (10k or longer) that took place within two years prior to the race (so February 2019 or newer). If you don't submit the POT, you will likely be placed in the last corral. If the three of you submit similar times, you will likely be in the same corral. Keep in mind that you can drop back corrals, but you can't move up. For example, if the three of you were placed in corrals A, B, and C, the runners in A and B could drop back to be with the person in C.
thank you!

My kids did the kid races this year and it was a lot of fun. I wanted to do the 5K but it had already sold out. How quickly does the 5K sell out? Are there ways to register early such as Annual Pass or DVC?

Can I do the 5K with my 8 year old daughter?

Thanks!

How quickly does the 5K sell out?

Last year the first person to post on the DIS that it was sold out did so at 37 min after it opened.

Are there ways to register early such as Annual Pass or DVC?

Yes. I believe it is the Thursday of the week prior. There are limited spots available during early registration as well. Below is the link to Wine and Dine:

https://www.rundisney.com/events/disneyworld/wine-and-dine-half-marathon-weekend/
If you scroll down the page you'll see a section discussing early registration. The premise of what you read will likely be applicable to Princess 2021 as well.

Can I do the 5K with my 8 year old daughter?

Yes. Per the runDisney eligibility section, your child needs to be older than 5.

I am starting to get worried now about getting a spot on the 10k next year. I am working towards running my first 10k in a few weeks (UK winter weather has ruined my training plan), and I am not sure I'll ever be able to manage a half marathon, so 10K or bust for me on June 9th 🤞

Just secured bibs for my oldest daughter and I for the Princess 5k next year! We’ll be staying 3 nights at Pop Century! We wanted to do the 10k, but she literally turns 10 the week after the race! Something we can look forward to in the years to come.

I am SO excited!!

Last edited:

Just secured bibs for my oldest daughter and I for the Princess 5k next year! We’ll be staying 3 nights at Pop Century! We wanted to do the 10k, but she literally turns the week after the race! Something we can look forward to in the years to come.

I am SO excited!!
How did you register already? Is it Bc wine and dine is open?

How did you register already? Is it Bc wine and dine is open?

Travel agents can call RunDisney and secure bibs. You have to book a 2 night minimum stay. It’s considered a package, so you pay the $200 deposit, plus the cost of bibs. If room discounts come out later in the year for those dates, discounts can be applied.

RunDisney will send you an email with a link a few days after general registration opens for Princess for you to complete. It’s nice knowing I don’t have to be anxious on June 9th when registration opens.

Popping in to kind of document my journey so far. Since deciding to commit to the Princess 2021 10K, I have gone literally from couch to 4 weeks completed today of my training program. Just today, I finished day three of my 5 minute (walks in between) runs at a time. I am shocked my body didn't quit on me! From four weeks ago - running for 1 minute at a time - until today, I just can't believe the plan is working and that I am not giving up! Monday starts 8 minute runs - eek! Mother's Day will be my first 5K ever and then will start the training towards a 10k! Soon we can book our DVC room and start looking at flights!

Just dropping in this thread so I can follow along. DW and I are planning on running at least the 1/2 next year. (maybe the challenge) It will be her first half and first runDisney event!! She had so much fun watching me run Dopey this year that it was easy to convince her to give it a shot!

Before I start to explore booking Princess through a TA, I want to know if park tickets HAVE to be part of the package. Anyone know? Thanks!

Joining in the fun! Planning to do my 3rd Princess 5k in 2021 - and hoping to have an uneventful time! In 2017, I ran it with a herniated disc in my neck... it was not my best choice, but had surgery to fix it a few months later and that feels great now! Then last year, I was having what the dr thought was an asthma/bronchitis thing (I could *not* run, I was the person constantly stopping all race, puffing on my inhaler and coughing...). Ended up having cardio thoracic surgery 2 months later to remove a congenital mass from my heart/lungs.

Soooo.... hopefully I'm done with major, bizarre, medical conditions that require surgery as soon as I finish the race! We have DVC so I'll register when that opens, just have to figure out if my DD will be joining me this time (she'll be almost 13 - my avatar pic is the day of the 2017 race!). Despite all my issues, I love this race so much!

Before I start to explore booking Princess through a TA, I want to know if park tickets HAVE to be part of the package. Anyone know? Thanks!

Park tickets are normally required unless at least one person in the room is an Annual Passholder. I don’t know if that rule has changed recently, or not.

I really want to do one of the Princess races next year. I’m hesitant because Wine & Dine will be my first race and signing up for a second race before I’ve done my first race seems like maybe not the best idea. I still have a few months of training before I have to decide I guess!

So if I am planning to run with two other people, how do we register to ensure we all are in the same corral? I have no idea how any of that works. Thanks!

Use the same time estimate when signing up.

For the half marathon and challenge, you have to submit a proof of time from a race (10k or longer) that took place within two years prior to the race (so February 2019 or newer). If you don't submit the POT, you will likely be placed in the last corral.

Last corral is for those who chose the slowest estimated time OR choose a time that required POT but then didn’t submit one.

There are about 3 (massive) corrals for those who estimate 2:45 or slower, before you get to the last corral.

POTs are strictly for those with an estimated finish time *faster* than 2:45.

Popping in to kind of document my journey so far. Since deciding to commit to the Princess 2021 10K, I have gone literally from couch to 4 weeks completed today of my training program. Just today, I finished day three of my 5 minute (walks in between) runs at a time. I am shocked my body didn't quit on me! From four weeks ago - running for 1 minute at a time - until today, I just can't believe the plan is working and that I am not giving up! Monday starts 8 minute runs - eek! Mother's Day will be my first 5K ever and then will start the training towards a 10k! Soon we can book our DVC room and start looking at flights!

Just in case you need this...do not be afraid or hesitant to repeat weeks. 4th and 5tj weeks are kinda brutal in the increase. If some part of you needs to repeat a week or two, do it.

I really want to do one of the Princess races next year. I’m hesitant because Wine & Dine will be my first race and signing up for a second race before I’ve done my first race seems like maybe not the best idea. I still have a few months of training before I have to decide I guess!

I just looked through some old posts. I hav emails from 2013 showing that I signed up for the 2013 tower of terror 10 miler AND the January 2014 Half marathon the same day.

I hadn’t even run a 10k at that point. And I was over 40.

I just looked through some old posts. I hav emails from 2013 showing that I signed up for the 2013 tower of terror 10 miler AND the January 2014 Half marathon the same day.

I hadn’t even run a 10k at that point. And I was over 40.
That does make me feel a bit better. I am only 31 but I’ve been pretty inactive in the last 3 years after 2 different unexpected surgeries. I’d just started feeling better from the first surgery when I started having issues (unrelated to the first surgery) that lead to the second surgery.

For my 5k training I am doing a C25K plan. I'm interested in transitioning to the Jeff Galloway plan once I start training for the 10K. I am very confused reading his method and also about how to pick up from the 5K training straight into the 10K training. Any cheat sheet, tips, advice?

I just booked with a TA for Wine and Dine and I did NOT need to get tickets. Just room (2 night stay min) and bibs.

I just booked with a TA for Wine and Dine and I did NOT need to get tickets. Just room (2 night stay min) and bibs.
oh thank you! i'll start to do some more research. one person in our room will have an AP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter