Probability of Cruise...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very glad I live in Canada. Where I live in BC, we have very few deaths. We also don’t have the kinds of restrictions other countries have. People can work as long as they can practice social distance. We can go outside whenever we want. You can travel but you have to,quarantine for 14 days when you get home. Why are you glad you don’t live in Canada?

I was hoping we'd secede and join Canada. I love our governor but the social safety net would be nice and we would finally solve the Northwest Angle.

DCL has been cancelling cruises 2-3 weeks at a time for processing purposes. With crew being sent home, they will be challenged to get them back on board in any kind of short term, where short term is 60-90 days.

I think they may still do the dry dock, but sail over with minimum viable deck crew.

Yes but they've been cancelling 3 weeks on all ships i.e. 4 times they amount they cancelled in this round. They wouldn't use the same principle to cancel just a single ship as processing wise it wouldn't reach capacity. I do agree though that crew wise its gonna be a hard slog to get them back but also there will be people willing to fly back at a moments notice. A lot of these people wont find other work easily at home because restrictions are in place for that type of work (servers for example) and they still have bills to pay so I think actually it wont take too long to sort. I guess none of us really know until they start it back up again but that's my thoughts for the day :D We live in an interesting world and I really am curious as to how it will look in a months time.

I think if they were planning on cancelling the Northern European cruises they wouldn’t still be selling the cruises. They may still cancel them but at this point I don’t think that is their intention. It’s still several months off.

And I agree. I doubt they would keep selling if they genuinely thought they weren't going to have a shot at running those cruises but who knows. I'm still living in hope here :D

I think they are selling cruises for cash flow. I don’t think it is possible for them to sail for a long time, but when people buy a cruise, they have their cash and will be able to invest it. Also those folks are likely to take a credit instead of a refund. Again, more cash.

My thoughts exactly.

I’m glad I don’t live in Canada.

Aren’t most flights grounded in the US? We still have flights going but they are mainly essential travel at this point.

We have a 14 day quarantine order if you travel back in to the country. My sister lives in the US and she was told on her return trip to the US that she had to quarantine for 14 days so it seems you have that also.

It doesn’t seem much different there than here. I think the majority of Canadians want to see the spread stop sooner rather than later so we are trying to do as asked as I think most US citizens are trying to do also. We don’t have as many protesters here but that may change. In my opinion, people here don’t see this as much a taking away our civil liberties....more of a let’s help control the spread by doing our part to not endanger others, especially our elders.

The economy can’t close down forever so our government is trying to open it up very slowly, in an intelligent, well thought out manner but not until the numbers show that we are on the other side of the curve.

Our government parties have, for the most part, put aside their differences and have worked for the greater good of the country. It’s actually been nice seeing them work together.

I love living in Canada.

Aren’t most flights grounded in the US? We still have flights going but they are mainly essential travel at this point.

We have a 14 day quarantine order if you travel back in to the country. My sister lives in the US and she was told on her return trip to the US that she had to quarantine for 14 days so it seems you have that also.

It doesn’t seem much different there than here. I think the majority of Canadians want to see the spread stop sooner rather than later so we are trying to do as asked as I think most US citizens are trying to do also. We don’t have as many protesters here but that may change. In my opinion, people here don’t see this as much a taking away our civil liberties....more of a let’s help control the spread by doing our part to not endanger others, especially our elders.

The economy can’t close down forever so our government is trying to open it up very slowly, in an intelligent, well thought out manner but not until the numbers show that we are on the other side of the curve.

Our government parties have, for the most part, put aside their differences and have worked for the greater good of the country. It’s actually been nice seeing them work together.

I love living in Canada.
I believe the original poster said you guy won't be allowed to travel within your own country until there is a vaccine. No, we are not doing that here LOL., and I doubt they'd do that in Canada. No, I would not want to live in Canada if that was the case.

Flights are not grounded here. Many flights have been canceled by the airlines because no one is flying due to the temporary shutdowns, Its' a supply and demand issue, but the government did not ground flights. In fact to get the stimulus money airlines are not allowed to cancel certain flights. Some states have imposed 14-day quarantines on NY travelers.

I am very glad I live in Canada. Where I live in BC, we have very few deaths. We also don’t have the kinds of restrictions other countries have. People can work as long as they can practice social distance. We can go outside whenever we want. You can travel but you have to,quarantine for 14 days when you get home. Why are you glad you don’t live in Canada?
Go back and read your original post and then you can answer that question.

I believe the original poster said you guy won't be allowed to travel within your own country until there is a vaccine. No, we are not doing that here LOL., and I doubt they'd do that in Canada. No, I would not want to live in Canada if that was the case.

Flights are not grounded here. Many flights have been canceled by the airlines because no one is flying due to the temporary shutdowns, Its' a supply and demand issue, but the government did not ground flights. In fact to get the stimulus money airlines are not allowed to cancel certain flights. Some states have imposed 14-day quarantines on NY travelers.

I have not heard that we won’t be able to travel at all until a vaccine. I think it will be like anywhere where thought will have to go into it and how it’s done, where it will be. I work in the travel industry and because it has been so badly hurt because of this virus, I think the government would want to see tourism up and running to get everyone back on their feet. The question is how to do it safely. If there are just mass openings and gatherings, the numbers will go back up.

Maybe you should consider a vacation here. Your dollar helps offset the higher cost of travel here and it is a beautiful country with extremely nice people. Canada would love to have you!

I have not heard that we won’t be able to travel at all until a vaccine. I think it will be like anywhere where thought will have to go into it and how it’s done, where it will be. I work in the travel industry and because it has been so badly hurt because of this virus, I think the government would want to see tourism up and running to get everyone back on their feet. The question is how to do it safely. If there are just mass openings and gatherings, the numbers will go back up.

Maybe you should consider a vacation here. Your dollar helps offset the higher cost of travel here and it is a beautiful country with extremely nice people. Canada would love to have you!
I've cruised out of Vancouver to Hawaii and Alaska and we did the Quebec cruise in 2018. Canada is beautiful but way too cold for me to live there.

[QUOTE="vegs1, post: 61802746, member: 150849"
[/QUOTE]

We vacationed in Canada last summer! It was by far the best trip we ever took. We visited Lake Louise, Banff, and lots of towns along the way.

I've cruised out of Vancouver to Hawaii and Alaska and we did the Quebec cruise in 2018. Canada is beautiful but way too cold for me to live there.

Vancouver and Victoria have some very pleasant winter weather. We aren’t frozen over here 12 months of the year. 😂

The weather here is one of the things I love. Hot summers, beautiful spring and fall temperatures and snow for the winter. Though with climate changes, we don’t see as much snow as we used to.
To each his own.

[QUOTE="vegs1, post: 61802746, member: 150849"

We vacationed in Canada last summer! It was by far the best trip we ever took. We visited Lake Louise, Banff, and lots of towns along the way.
[/QUOTE]

We did the Banff, Lake Louse trip a few years ago, too. It is so beautiful and we had a great time. We are thinking of doing it again but adding in driving to Vancouver. After that, my hope is to go to Vancouver Island and Visit Tofino. I’ve never been there and hear it’s spectacular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter