Probably postponing Bar Mitzvah trip - April 2020, advice?

DoraBA

Mouseketeer
This trip has been planned in theory for the past 2 years. Seriously. I started lurking here when I was on maternity leave with DS2. And now we're at the 60 days point.

Who?
DH and me, and two of our three sons - Bar Mitzvah Boy, i.e. DS13, and DS10, who for superhero purposes can be known as Decade Kid... DS2 stays with my mom 'cause we wanted to make it special for the older boys. They are amazing older brothers and deserve quality time with us. But this limits our vacation time...
We are all Harry Potter fans so USO gets a lot of time.
And we're from Israel so flights are long and expensive.

Current plans--

Landing March 31st at midnight so we're sleeping at the MCO Hyatt. Moving to POR for 6 nights the day after.
Planning 5 Disney days, 1 day in KSC then moving to USO.
3 nights in Royal Pacific with 3.5 park days, with hopper AND express pass.
And then it's back home...

Reactions: DLo
Fast Passes reserved, got everything but SDD...

April 1 -- AK (half day, jet lagged!)
1520 EE
1625 Dino
1850 FoP

April 2 -- HS
1025 ToT
1245 Indie (backup, hopefully will change)
1350 ST

April 3 -- MK
1235 SM
1345 Thunder
1510 7DMT

April 4 -- AK
1030 EE
1110 Kali (may change as DH doesn't like getting wet)
1245 FoP

April 5 -- HS
1000 ROR
1105 TSM
1210 MF (!!!!)

Now thinking about ADR
I want 50s PT for the kids. Not sure about other stuff

Are you on the dining plan, if so which one? Are there dietary restrictions/preferences in your group?

Are you on the dining plan, if so which one? Are there dietary restrictions/preferences in your group?
Hi,
No dining plan, didn't want to add the pressure of 'making it work'. Planning to get groceries for breakfast as we eat light ones. Then a lunch in the parks and dinner will vary.

I am a very slow eater since I had bariatric surgery 20 years ago... so AYCE meals are not for me, especially now that the boyz are both Disney adults. Not sure about character meals just yet, probably not.

Preferances?
Either a special experience such as the 50s thing, or healthier alternatives. So any recs would be appreciated!

Thanks for reading :) today's the first time I got really excited!

SCORE
Traded Indie show for the new Mickey and Minnie Railway FP!!!!

ETA: and now traded Mickey for Slinky!!!! While it's late (3:45pm), it's Slinky, so I really got everything I wanted in terms of FP.
Now I need to decide on one last AK FP (currently its the safari but we have a great safari at home so I'm thinking a trade...). And to make a detailed plan w/ food.

Love my planning!

Last edited:

25 days before our trip -- and it seems we may have to postpone it due to the Corona epidemic. We have trip insurance so costs are minimal, but we're very bummed by this.

While we're not freaking over the Corona virus, there have been some developments that make cancellation much more probable:
Yesterday Israel demanded all healthcare personnel remain in Israel -- DH is a doctor and I'm a psychologist working in a psychiatric hospital, so for now, we're stuck. Also, several companies canceled their flights to Israel until March 28, so our March 31st flight may be canceled as well in the future. Insurance companies are refusing to issue new medical insurance to people traveling to the US... AND we were planning on leaving DS2 at home with my mom, and can't risk being stuck away from him for a long time.

SO... probably cancelling.
We now need to decide if we reschedule to early October 2020 or April 2021.
Any thoughts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter