Problem with Tigger

Tigger was choked by the kid pulling his costume at the neck. Disney suspended the character with pay and since has returned to work. Disney will not pay the family anything and admits no wrong doing. They refuse to apologize since they believe they have nothing to apologize for. Someone ought to chock that kid and see how he might react.

Let's also talk about the character (Tigger) as a person. He is know for helping. We know a family who has a severly handicapped child. The mother has severe arthritis. This guy will wait a 1/2 hour at the grocery store to assist the family with getting the child into the car unload, the groceries and help load the wheel chair just because he cares.

If they are sucessful in getting the case to court I hope they call this family to testify. They will crucify their case.

YEAH TIGGER!!!!

I am sorry, but I have to ask. NHtikibeckie you said you live in the same town. Please tell me they are feeling some sort of backlash from this wether it be around town, or in the schools? I am sure this probably is a bad form question, but with what they are trying to pull I just had to ask if they are getting any type of bascklash to let them know how wrong this is? The poor guy is having to fight mean-ugly acting father and son over this, and it's clear the son was doing something, and the dad based on audio during the video was aware calling his kid and other remarks. The comments made on the youtube site with the video are well lets just say ummm there are some words I wouldnt even use made towards this family. Again sorry if this question was in bad form.

They are from Greeneville, NH...I am not from the town anymore, but my family is. Problem is, they aren't really liked in town anyways, and only are known because of the problems the kids have caused in the school. I know it is big news there cause its such a small town, but nobody is sticking up for them that I have heard of! My father cannot stand the family anyways, cause of obvious reasons, he cannot stand it when people are clearly not parenting well. These kids are out of control. I dont think the family has been home very long, but my dad heard they are getting lots of calls and mail from mad people!

Tigger was choked by the kid pulling his costume at the neck. Disney suspended the character with pay and since has returned to work. Disney will not pay the family anything and admits no wrong doing. They refuse to apologize since they believe they have nothing to apologize for. Someone ought to chock that kid and see how he might react.

Let's also talk about the character (Tigger) as a person. He is know for helping. We know a family who has a severly handicapped child. The mother has severe arthritis. This guy will wait a 1/2 hour at the grocery store to assist the family with getting the child into the car unload, the groceries and help load the wheel chair just because he cares.

If they are sucessful in getting the case to court I hope they call this family to testify. They will crucify their case.

YEAH TIGGER!!!!

I'm sorry, but you know all this because...?

I can't believe the magnitude this story has taken on. It is insane that these parents would continue this ridiculous accusation on Tigger...I have yet to see the mother speaking about it. (Assuming she was present). Also in his interview the father clearly states he originally thought his son did something wrong until reviewing the tape he saw that "Tigger attacked" haha.
Sad that this tigger employee will probably lose his job :(

My thoughts....

The mother was there in the taping and she was laughing after her son was pawed....indicated to me that Sid was okay. As a mother, if I think somebody may have hurt my child, I am on it like white on rice and glass of milk on a paper plate in a snow storm. ;)

I think the mother knows her slimy husband is up to no good and that is why we have only seen him and not her. I think she might be refusing to play his money-hungry game.

Sad, things like this easily lead to divorce.

'Tigger' attack instigated, lawyer says

WKMG LOCAL 6 NEWS ADVERTISEMENT

Post a Comment View All Comments

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The kid obviously looks like he is up to trouble. The whole family looks like a bunch of rednecks anyway.

I agree with the attorney in this case, those costumes are bulky.
If someone cut off my air I would take a swing at whomever was causing it as well.

Did anyone see the kids hand in back of Tigger?? From the look on his face he knew what he was doing. Probably, "Let me see what happens when I pull his tail (or what he thought was the tail.)" Who knows.

This employee is being wrongly accused and Disney is covering it's tail because there are alot of idiots out there that would do the same thing, actively look for something to sue for and get money.

Posted by: duplicity on Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:03 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, Im glad the guy working as tigger has an attorny. I would love to see that scammer family squirm a little bit. Of course I would love to see disney squirm even more after the suspended employee sues.

Posted by: myche on Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:07 pm

Post a Comment View All Comments

WEB EXTRAS

Tigger takes a swing

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The attorney who successfully defended a Disney employee accused of groping a girl spoke out today about the latest incident involving "Tigger," in a report from FLORIDA TODAY news partner WKMG Local 6 News.

Jeffrey Kaufman, a former Disney cast member himself, said he sympathizes with Michael J. Fedelem, the man playing Tigger who was recently accused of punching a teenager in the face.

Kaufman, the attorney who represented Michael Chartrand two years ago, donned the Tigger costume during closing arguments then and said that the outfit was too bulky and the view from the mask was too obstructed for his client to have intentionally groped the girl.

Chartrand was found not guilty.

"Imagine what (Fedelem) is going through right now, realizing, 'I get paid $6 to $7 an hour, and I'm being accused nationally of hitting a child.' It's a rough world," Kaufman said.

Fedelem was suspended by Disney after a confrontation at Walt Disney World with Jerry Monaco Jr., 15. Jerry's dad, Jerry Monaco Sr., said Fedelem sucker-punched his son and has hired an attorney for representation.

Kaufman said he believes Jerry Jr. instigated the incident.

"(Jerry Jr.) is smiling the whole time. He's even smiling bigger when he gets a reaction (out of Tigger)," Kaufman said. "It's beyond ridiculous because you can see it from here."

Kaufman said Fedelem's swiping motion at Jerry Jr. was simply an involuntary reaction to pain, which he thinks was inflicted by the 15-year-old.

"You're cone of vision is from about here. You have some slits here, but your hand, you wouldn't be able to see out here," Kaufman gestured. "The costume is tied from the back. So if somebody pulls down, automatically the fur under the neck is going to cut off the air that you're breathing."

Kaufman also questioned the Monaco's reaction to the situation.

"The family didn't react like they wanted justice, they reacted like they wanted cash," Kaufman said. "I think its unfair because it could happen to any character in costume. That's the reason I represented the first character, because I realized that could have happened to me."

Someone on this board apparently spoke to Jerry Monaco, but I can't find the thread now.

It said he's getting hate mail and his children are being teased. WAKE UP MONACO!!!!

Someone on this board apparently spoke to Jerry Monaco, but I can't find the thread now.

It said he's getting hate mail and his children are being teased. WAKE UP MONACO!!!!

I spoke to him, heres the link to the thread
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1330079

Mail expressing your opinion is good, hate mail is not. I think Mr Monaco cut off his own nose by appearing on the news the way he did. He appeared to be a short tempered unreasonable man. Which I believe is why the world has reacted they way they have.

I still support Tigger but I think all the people who have been posting things like this http://nh.craigslist.org/rnr/261344598.html are even scarier.
He is getting a lot of "hate" how can we help him seen his bad if we are reacting even worse?
I don't know this man, I'm not trying to stick up for him, but hate mail is not OK

Becky

I'm of the opinion that whatever Mr.Monaco had/has to say isn't worth listening too.

There's two sides to every coin...his landed face down!

I spoke to him, heres the link to the thread
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1330079

Mail expressing your opinion is good, hate mail is not. I think Mr Monaco cut off his own nose by appearing on the news the way he did. He appeared to be a short tempered unreasonable man. Which I believe is why the world has reacted they way they have.

I still support Tigger but I think all the people who have been posting things like this http://nh.craigslist.org/rnr/261344598.html are even scarier.
He is getting a lot of "hate" how can we help him seen his bad if we are reacting even worse?
I don't know this man, I'm not trying to stick up for him, but hate mail is not OK

Becky

Wow, I honestly give you a lot of credit for hearing him out and sharing your name. I will say that I think it's awful that his children (the little ones) are going to suffer from his stupidity though. I can't even imagine what the little ones are going to encounter down the road....this is definately going to stick. As far as the hate mail he is receiving...I can't even imagine what he's been getting and I absolutely do not condone it. :sad2:

I was reading on another website...can't remember which...some obvious kid saying Disney should create a ride called the "Tigger Slap" and the Monacos should be the first guest. I imagine things like this are the tip of the iceberg.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that his little boys are a product of their environment and Mr. Monaco has no one to blame but himself for their future treatment. He's lying to himself that his child was "hurt." But it's too late...people are mean and don't care. Unless they crawl under a rock, Jerry Monaco's actions have ruined his children.:sad2:

I guess what I'm trying to say is that his little boys are a product of their environment and Mr. Monaco has no one to blame but himself for their future treatment. But it's too late...people are mean and don't care. Unless they crawl under a rock, Jerry Monaco's actions have ruined his children.:sad2:

Well put, yes he did bring this on no one asked him to go on tv about it. It was seen all over the world. What did he think was going to happen!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter