Professional Disney Girl takes Rookie Family to the World

Ilovethemouse'shouse

Earning My Ears
Professional Disney Girl takes Rookie Family to the World

This is my first pre-trip report so please don’t laugh at how boring or badly written it might and will be from start to finish.

So where should I begin, I guess at the beginning of my Disney love affair. I was brought up on all things Disney from the time I was in my mom’s belly. In my young and impressionable youth my loving parents took me and my sisters to the world every year in August. I know what you are all thinking HOT an HUMID. We made it through each vacation with an afternoon break each day at the resort and then back to the park until close. As I grew up and moved on to college I found that I still wanted to go to the world every chance I got, only this time it was on my own dime. In walks my first college friend who ended up a Disney cast member after college (still works at Disney) this made my yearly pilgrimage possible for a lot cheaper.

Now that you know my Disney background you will begin to understand the title of this pre-trip report.

Cast of Characters:
Me: Liz- 30 yrs old, Chicago native, self-named Disney World guide.
Katie: 29 yrs old, Chicago native, my best friend, JJ, and NaNa’s sister, never been to the Magic Kingdom, and does not understand my obsession with Disney (YET).
CL: Katie’s mom, Big Daddy’s Husband (Katie’s stepdad), JJ, and NaNa’s mom, also never have been to the Magic Kingdom.
Big Daddy: CL husband, Katie’s stepdad, JJ, and NaNa’s dad, has not been to WDW in over 20 yrs.
JJ and NaNa: 5 yr old twin boys, first visit to WDW

Trip origin:
Last March, after my boyfriend and I got back from out usual yearly trip to the world, we were invited over to CL and Big Daddy’s house to have dinner with their family. They began discussing our trip and expressed an interest on going to the park. This is where I open up my mouth and say, “If you ever go I will be more then happy to be your tour guide.” So with out much guidance they went to the travel agent and booked the trip for February 28-March 5, 2010. They came back to Katie and I after booking and said that they wanted us to join them on this first trip for JJ and NaNa. I of course said that I was in for this trip.

Trip Planning:
Knowing the dates and that they were staying at POFQ I began looking for the best place (cheapest place) for Katie and I to stay. We ended up with and amazing rate (40% off) at POP. With that said, Katie and I will be flying in to Orlando on February 28 at 11 am and then we are off to our resort to check in and then to meet the rest of the family at POFQ.

Schedule so far:
Sunday: Arrive, Magic Kingdom; Big Daddy’s B-day, Hoop-de-doo-Review
Monday: Chef Mickey’s, Magic Kingdom
Tuesday: Garden Grill; Epcot
Wednesday: Mama Melrose; Studios
Thursday: Animal Kingdom; Chrystal Palace; Magic Kingdom
Friday: Downtown Disney; fly home

I will continue to update this report in the next few weeks with the rest of our planning decisions.

Thanks for reading ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter