proof of time?

5xdisneyfans

Mouseketeer
New to running longer runs. How do you send in proof of time? I have done one Disney run so would they already know? Other races do I copy the time sheet? I don't have any proof of time from the few runs I have done.

New to running longer runs. How do you send in proof of time? I have done one Disney run so would they already know? Other races do I copy the time sheet? I don't have any proof of time from the few runs I have done.

There's a web form you fill out with a link to the results found online.

One common mistake people have been making recently is assuming that RunDisney will do the work for you and automatically carry over your time from a previous race as a current PoT.

They WILL NOT and DO NOT do this. You'll need to fill out that assigned web form for every race you register for with RunDisney.

And just in case...POT is only for Half or Full marathons. No POT needed or accepted for 5K or 10K events.
(you can submit a 10K as POT for a Half or Full, but you don't submit a POT if you're *doing* a 10K or 5K...make sense?)

My goal is to work up to a HM. I have never done one but planning on doing a few 5K & 10k on the way. Thanks

There is a form that you submit. You need to have run a timed race where your results are publicly posted (I think this is most of them, but when I was looking for a proof of time race for the Princess Half I triple checked- some local casual races didn't have timing, and virtual races or training runs don't count) and you tell Disney the Race, City, Distance, Time, etc and give them a link to the online results. Usually the race needs to be 10K or greater distance and run within a year from the race your are signing up for. I just looked up local races in the fall and found a 10K that worked. Unfortunately, only 10 people ran it! I was second to last. But it counted, gosh darn it!

Or....a top 10 finish!!!!
Oh, it gets better. I did feel bad for the charity, Ronald McDonald House- their race was the day after the Susan B Koeman Race for the Cure, so I'm sure registration suffered. It was a combined 5k/10k, 25 people total, and only 10 of us ended up running the 10K.
But.... they still did breakdowns by age/sex group. And as it turned out, I was the only woman in my age group! So, even though I was second to last (and I couldn't really crow about not being last, since it turns out the couple that finished last were running in memory of a deceased friend, whose picture was on their shirts) I was listed in the results page as #1 Woman 30-39. My parents cracked up. I didn't stay for the awards because, you know, second to last. I could have gotten a medal!

Oh, it gets better. I did feel bad for the charity, Ronald McDonald House- their race was the day after the Susan B Koeman Race for the Cure, so I'm sure registration suffered. It was a combined 5k/10k, 25 people total, and only 10 of us ended up running the 10K.
But.... they still did breakdowns by age/sex group. And as it turned out, I was the only woman in my age group! So, even though I was second to last (and I couldn't really crow about not being last, since it turns out the couple that finished last were running in memory of a deceased friend, whose picture was on their shirts) I was listed in the results page as #1 Woman 30-39. My parents cracked up. I didn't stay for the awards because, you know, second to last. I could have gotten a medal!
This happened to me on my first 10miler. It was a local race with maybe 60-80 people running it I was the second to last but because I was the only woman in the 20-24 age group I was first in my age group. I didn't realize until they were calling me up for a medal though. It was the first time I ran that far and my first medal so I'm generally pretty proud despite being second to last.

This happened to me on my first 10miler. It was a local race with maybe 60-80 people running it I was the second to last but because I was the only woman in the 20-24 age group I was first in my age group. I didn't realize until they were calling me up for a medal though. It was the first time I ran that far and my first medal so I'm generally pretty proud despite being second to last.
It has a nice Biblical synchronicity to it. "And the last shall be first and the first shall be last."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!