pros and cons to off property

Does anyone know how often the parks actually get full to the capacity that they don't allow off-site guest entry to a park? I was worried that we might have a problem when we were there in June but everything was fine. I was just curious how often that happens. Looking forward to our next trip when we are staying 5 nights at GF and 3 nights at HR.

I know that I've seen it on the news during Christmas holidays (between Christmas and New Year's) a couple of times and maybe once or twice during Spring Holidays. We've always avoided the parks during those times. If it's that crowded, I don't want to be there. I love WDW at Christmastime, but I like it BEFORE the Christmas crush!

We just got back from 6 days at Disney, 3 onsite and 3 offsite. I can't speak for the moderate or deluxe hotels as this was our first trip and we stayed at ASMu. Of course, I can't speak for any moderate or deluxe hotels offsite, either, as we stayed at Days Suites. All I can tell you is that we HATED the All Star Music. Yes, the theming was cute and the place was spotlessly clean and perfectly maintained. But the room was far too small, while the resort was far too large. We are just country bumpkins and felt overwhelmed. The food court and everything else were way too far away, it felt like we had to haul our luggage about 10 miles, and we didn't care for Disney transportation at all. We were much, much happier our three nights offsite. We got to the parks much faster using our own car. The four of us had an all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet for $13 total, while the food at the ASMu food court was gross, inadequate, and unbelievably expensive. We had about 4 times as much room to spread out offsite, also. I don't know where all this supposed pixie dust is onsite, but nobody sprinkled any on me. JMHO.:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter