PS necessary for 1 person?

Lisa96

Mouseketeer
How necessary are PS's when it's just one person? I'll be going on my first solo trip soon and I'd kind of like to keep this trip flexible. (Usually I have a terribly detailed battle plan, but this is a short jaunt to just relax, so I'm trying to keep it simple!) I'm not planning on doing parks this time, just resorts or DTD/BW - are those easier to get? Also, I'd like to watch Wishes - is it worth it to splurge on California Grill or should I just watch from Poly? Thanks in advance!

watch from the Polyn.

if you aren't going to the parks - only the resorts - then no PS aren't generally necessary - just be prepared to wait - if you don't want along wait - make the PS....

of course I am a bad person to ask this question of - I generally only make a couple of PS period - then eat in food courts or my room (I generally stay in DVC resorts - even the studio has enough stuff to make several meals)

I agree with Spiceycat. As long as your not going to the parks you should be fine with walking up to the restaurants with maybe a 5/10 minute wait. Only exception would probably be one or two rest. at the Boardwalk on a weekend night.

As for Wishes, I watched it from the Contemporary. I went on the outlook deck (Floor 4) but it was crowded so then I climbed up 2 flights of stairs and watched it from Floor 6 outside stairwell with absolutely no one in my way and a great view of the entire park.

I've done WDW a couple of times by myself and loved having dinner at the California Grill. The view is great, and even if you can't get a table by the window, you can go out onto the walkway. Last time we were there, my husband and I took our cocktails out and watched the fireworks - it was great.

When I was there solo, I made PSs, but I love to plan. It you don't have your heart set on any special times or places, I think you'd be fine without them.

At some restaurants, you can sometimes get a seat quickly at the counter and watch the chefs in action.

I would get PS for the California Grill and go see wishes!

We (DW and I) are going 3-25 and can't wait!

I tend to make PS's for a few restaurants each trip. They are the places that are either very busy or that are a "don't miss". I consider that I am taking up a table normally for two and in certain places they may be limited. Of course, limited seating events fall in this category too.

These are the places I have made dinner PS's for in the past:

Citricos
CA Grill (timed for MK fireworks)
Rose & Crown (timed for Illuminations)
Chefs de France
Boma (Saturday night)

I made my PS's at Guest Relations/City Hall around noon as soon as I knew what my plans were for the day. I ate at Sci-Fi Dine-In on Monday night (3/8/04) and Crystal Palace on Tuesday night
(3/9/04); both have great food! I was able to get an avaliable table in no time and was free to roam around without wondering if I was able to get a table or not at the end of the night. ::MickeyMo

Tinkerbell81284 princess:

As fas as PS's for one, it depends on how crowded WDW is, which resteraunt. I have gone to one of the busiest and get in and other times was not able to get into a normally busy resteraunt. If you know where and when you like to eat during that day, I would consider going to Guest Relations to makke a PS for that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter