PSA: Please, don’t stop in the middle of a walkway in the parks.

For most people, Disney world is a place of awe and new sights and sounds. Sometimes you have well planned things, but see something absolutely wonderful to stop and stare at for a while.

Ummm...nope. It's the same iphone they've had for two years.

(I kid.)

Definitely annoying and rude when people do that. Much like fanily groups that insist on walking single file across the walk, spanning the entire width of the sidewalk. As if they couldn't walk 2 behind 2, etc etc....

Just saw your post Tinkerbell58! Preach.

Definitely annoying and rude when people do that. Much like fanily groups that insist on walking single file across the walk, spanning the entire width of the sidewalk. As if they couldn't walk 2 behind 2, etc etc....

Just saw your post Tinkerbell58! Preach.

Single file would mean they are one behind another whiich is how we'd like them to walk.
You mean they walk several people abreast.
Yes that is annoying especially if you are in a group of only 2 yourself and you have to walk single file because a group of 10 walks abreast.
I am well aware of my surroundings and by the end of the day I am tired of having to move in front of or behind my sister to avoid people ramming into me so I start letting it happen and somehow they act like its my fault. I just stop caring and eventually people start paying better attention that I am NOT moving so they better or we are running into each other.
I've been in the parks with a group as large as 14 and we didn't try to take over the walkways.

Does this also include setting up your double wide stroller as soon as you step off the monorail/bus?

OR

Walking on the Right (as in right/left not wright/wrong) side of the walkway. It is typical for pedestrian traffic.

Sometimes we have to put ourselves in others shoes. Thats like one time on the bus a dad had his huge double stroller folded up, and his huge backpack on. Well, he's trying to do things and keeps hitting my mom in the face with the backpack (he's standing, she's sitting). After the 4th time, I finally said something to him, and it wasn't in a nice tone (not like I yelled at him, but it was definitely in an annoyed tone I guess you'd say). Looking back, I wish I wouldn't have, could've probably just let him know what he was doing. He really didn't look like he was having any fun trying to carry all that crap. But at the same time if one person has so much stuff they take up the space of 3/4 people on the bus, maybe they should rent a car and drive, or try to take a little less stuff into the parks.

Not to get too far off topic, but in this case, I think this goes back to the man not being aware of his surroundings. I mean, he knows he's on a crowded bus with people in close proximity and he knows he's hauling a big stroller with a big backpack on. For me, it would be natural to be mindful of this while on the bus. People have to take some accountability when they are not paying attention.

Does this also include setting up your double wide stroller as soon as you step off the monorail/bus?

OR

Walking on the Right (as in right/left not wright/wrong) side of the walkway. It is typical for pedestrian traffic.

YES to both of these! As for walking to the right, I think some of the international visitors may not be used to this. I have a higher tolerance for it with those guests.

Entire families stopping right at the narrow exit of a ride making it difficult for others to exit back into the park.
People stopping at the gate MB scanners to talk with the CM about rides and restaurants thus holding up the line.

Also remember those of us on wheels. When you just stop, we have to pull off the handle to stop ourselves, and scooters do not stop immediately, so there’s a good possibility my basket will bump you. Also, if I have to stop quickly, the people walking (or driving) behind me will likely bump ME, which may in turn cause me to bump you (perhaps again).

So, please, for the sake of mine and others’ sanity and potential safety, don’t stop in the middle of a pathway; just take a few steps to pull over to the side.
Rant on brother, no complaints from me about the rant.

We really don't need it.
And yet you decided to reply... just sayin' ;)

... scooters do not stop immediately, so there’s a good possibility my basket will bump you.
Just like when driving, the person behind his responsible to give enough space. But I hear ya.

Rant on brother, no complaints from me about the rant.

And yet you decided to reply... just sayin' ;)

Just like when driving, the person behind his responsible to give enough space. But I hear ya.
Yup, I agree, but the second I give enough space, someone steps in front of me. Repeat ad nauseum. All day everyday *sigh*

I'd like to also add, don't have a cow when I get in line on the other side of the register and bypass the single sided line. There are 2 lines people. Use them.

I'd like to also add, don't have a cow when I get in line on the other side of the register and bypass the single sided line. There are 2 lines people. Use them.

Oh hell no. If people are queuing in a single line and diverging into two lines later, you are cutting the line if you go straight to the register. There are not "two lines" because nobody is in the "second" line in the situation you describe, so it is not a "line". People who have been waiting longer should always go before people who just arrive, in my view.

BUT, on the original topic, I actually do have some sympathy for the stoppers. Virtually all of the outdoor space at WDW is a "walkway." And it is absolutely a thing in most places in the world for people to linger in plazas, pedestrian zones etc. I live in a major city, and on the sidewalk you just learn you have to weave around people waiting at the curb for ubers/lyfts, tourists trying to figure out where the heck they are on google maps, and businessmen and women chatting after a meeting. Nobody owns the sidewalk. I guess that's why it doesn't bother me when I have to play the weaving around people game at disney world.

Oh hell no. If people are queuing in a single line and diverging into two lines later, you are cutting the line if you go straight to the register. There are not "two lines" because nobody is in the "second" line in the situation you describe, so it is not a "line". People who have been waiting longer should always go before people who just arrive, in my view.

BUT, on the original topic, I actually do have some sympathy for the stoppers. Virtually all of the outdoor space at WDW is a "walkway." And it is absolutely a thing in most places in the world for people to linger in plazas, pedestrian zones etc. I live in a major city, and on the sidewalk you just learn you have to weave around people waiting at the curb for ubers/lyfts, tourists trying to figure out where the heck they are on google maps, and businessmen and women chatting after a meeting. Nobody owns the sidewalk. I guess that's why it doesn't bother me when I have to play the weaving around people game at disney world.
It is a fact that there are 2 lines at food registers and bag check. Someone has to step up and form it and if you won't I will.

There are two lines at registers and bag checks. If people insist on standing in only one line, then the second line is empty. Doesn’t mean that it doesn’t exist.

It's funny, when people do it I get pissed. Then I step back and think, I've done it, just like I'm sure everyone here has. As long as the person realizes what they did, and move or say sorry, or something to that nature I don't mind at all. It's when they do it, know they got in your way, and just don't care at all that I get mad.

Sometimes we have to put ourselves in others shoes. Thats like one time on the bus a dad had his huge double stroller folded up, and his huge backpack on. Well, he's trying to do things and keeps hitting my mom in the face with the backpack (he's standing, she's sitting). After the 4th time, I finally said something to him, and it wasn't in a nice tone (not like I yelled at him, but it was definitely in an annoyed tone I guess you'd say). Looking back, I wish I wouldn't have, could've probably just let him know what he was doing. He really didn't look like he was having any fun trying to carry all that crap. But at the same time if one person has so much stuff they take up the space of 3/4 people on the bus, maybe they should rent a car and drive, or try to take a little less stuff into the parks.

A little less stuff to the parks for sure. I just got back last week and some of the backpacks I saw people wearing were ridiculous. Stuffed sooo much it looked like they were going camping in the woods for a week.

There are two lines at registers and bag checks. If people insist on standing in only one line, then the second line is empty. Doesn’t mean that it doesn’t exist.

You are correct. Its not my fault if everyone is following a herd mentality and standing in one line. Dont get mad when I notice an open register and grab it. Time is money in WDW and I am not a fan of wasting it unnecessarily.

tenor.gif

Right?!?!

We've actually appropriated this phenomenon to describe whenever anyone does this, anywhere.

"What the hell, are we at Disneyworld???!?! Move out of the way!!!"

Nope. Those people are clueless. And they learn in like .09356 seconds that there are in fact 2 sides to the register and in fact 2 lines.

Also, Disney parks are not the best place to be walking backwards without looking where you’re going. I’m always surprised how often I encounter this.
Or the indignant look all crabwalkers give you when THEY almost run into you. What else do you expect from those who look sideways while walking forward (or backward)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!