Purse Theft ???

You don't have to worry about your bag snatched of your shoulder inside the parks. Too many cameras and no where for the thief to go.

You are more likely to have it stolen if you leave it unattended.

Almost the only place I carry a bag is at Disney. Everywhere else I carry 99% of my stuff in pockets.

I have a Sherpani Zoe that I got from ebay. It's small.
The bags that kaytieeldr posted above say small, but look huge to me :)
It holds my cards, phone (or my ipod touch - no room for both), the keys to the rental car, a few of my daily meds, a pen, notepaper and a reasonable amount of cash. With a bit of room left over for things like receipts and pins.

They don't sell the same one now, but the current version looks very similar to mine on the inside.
https://www.ebags.com/product/sherpani/zoe-rfid-crossbody-wallet/335571?productid=10527881
https://www.ebags.com/product/sherpani/zoe-rfid-crossbody-wallet/335571?productid=10527881

I actually carried a passpocket from the Passporter dot com site. It hangs around the neck and can hold what I need in the park. My phone, identification card, key to the world card (will be left out in future trips but still in existence in 2010), I.C.E. Card, a little bit of cash, along with a Disney gift card I had been given as a gift. There are also flat bags that go under your clothing designed for travel. If you can find a copy of the book Europe Thru The Back Door-I believe it is written by Rick Steves it talks about them in there. I have no idea where mine is so can't look up the exact name of them.

Never heard of a purse theft or snatching in WDW. I have heard of purse and wallets being lost and turned in. While thieves exist everywhere, I'm guessing they would account for a very small percentage of Disney guests. It's just not a good target place, with admission price, great security, cameras everywhere, and only one way out.

A small crossbody should be large enough for a few cell phones and some cash/cards/ That's all you really need. I do carry a larger bag in on my ECV, and I leave it sit there while I go on rides. Nobody has ever messed with it. Not once. Nothing valuable in it, just waters and jackets, a couple snacks, but never even had any lookers.

I always bring my regular purse to the parks. I see no need for anything else.

When I had small children, I did take maybe a clean tee shirt and a couple of allergy friendly snacks in a backpack.

I got behind someone in the bag check line last week that seemed packed for a weekend away. I had no idea what he was doing with so much crap! Mugs, bags inside bags, huge backpack!

I like my regular purse; I like to have my makeup bag, some chewing gum or mints, and hand wipes. Plus my wallet and phone.

I don't leave it anywhere, so don't have any worries in my 30 trips to Disney that anything would be stolen.

I have a very small "mini"
baggallini cross body bag. It fits my phone, a few Band-Aids, a small mint container that holds Motrin and Tylenol. My phone has a slot in the back where I can slide my ID and an extra CC if we need it. That way it goes on all the rides and I never have to worry about theft.

I can only speak to my experience. I was on the platform at the MK waiting for the resort monorail to take me back to the Poly. It was not very crowded but there were a few people around. As the monorail pulled into the station, I felt a tug on my backpack and thought I had gotten snagged on something. I turned around to see a kid about 10 years old, tugging on one of the zippers on a front pocket. I turned and asked if I could do something for him and he turned and walked away. Not an adult in site that I could say was with him. After that, I started using a cross body purse so I could keep a better eye on my bag.

Walmart have some really great cross-body bags in at the moment if you just wanted to get a cheap one for your trip

I used to use a cross body purse but recently upgraded to a light backpack to carry more stuff. Never had any issues at all. As everyone else said, just make sure you don't leave it anywhere.

I totally just bought a obnoxiously loud colored fanny pack for our trip, and I don't care what any of you think. LOL. Walmart has them in stock. ;)

I hate carrying bags around amusement parks, so I do not want to carry a backpack.

Now with the Magicbands, I am only needing a small purse to hold mine and probably 2 (husband and son) other cell phones safely during the rides, plus some cash and a credit card.

All of the anti-theft purses I have looked at are huge and bulky and not so good looking.

My question... is there a lot of purse theft in Disney World? I know it could happen anywhere, but with the Magicbands, I would think that would deter thieves away because they wouldn't be carrying a lot of cash. Maybe I am wrong...

Travelon makes some smaller purses/crossbody purses that you might like. Have a great trip!

My concern isn't really purse theft at WDW, but theft in general when traveling. I purchased the following (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004RTMV48/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1) before a trip to DL, it has survived two WDW trips since then, and there are many days I actually use it when just running around town. The RFID protection is key for any sort of travel. It's been the best $27 I have ever spent on a purse, seriously, and I hate haaaate haaaaate bulky bags.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter