Delete Thread

I'm glad Josh got something to eat that's crazy it took so long.
While I love your gif of Darren Criss I can't help seeing Andrew Cunanan :scared1:
I'm glad Josh liked his burger but peanut butter on a burger :scared:
The chef sounded out of line very strange and rude.
Can't wait to try my first frozen Butter Beer in a few days.

Your dinner at Shula's looks great. I love a good steak and always order a filet mignon. I've never been to the one at Disney, but we have one near my house so I've been a few times there. Your meal looks exactly how mine would have been. And that coupon is definitely a great deal. The Dismeet looks fun too!

We went to Shula's on our last trip and LOVED it! I did not know about the birthday club... I just looked at the website and it says you can use the coupon the month of your birthday! Maybe you will still be able to use it on your next trip?! Thanks so much for the info!

The 12 oz filet mignon with Bearnaise sauce:
TREAT YO SELF!

Another fantastic meal at Shulas! We love their steak. We actually haven't tried anywhere on Disney property (besides Jiko) that has good steaks, but this next trip we're going to try a few more off property places that are known for their steak! (Bull and Bear and The Palm both of which I'm very excited for :hyper:).
Wow, yum. Both of these get such good reviews!

1565 Tiki – St. Augustine Rum, Malibu, Orange Juice, Pineapple Juice, Vanilla Syrup, Grenadine, Myers’s Dark Rum Float
Right up my alley. May have to try this! Did Phins take any discounts? It's hard for me to branch out to bars that don't take TIW since I am apparently cheap. lol

And here's a little preview of our Dismeet with @chunkymonkey and @amalone1013! You'll have to wait for the TR post to see more pictures :p
SO JEALOUS!!!

It was time for Josh's birthday dinner (aka our excuse to eat steak).

Nom!

The great thing about Shulas is that the week of your birthday you get a coupon for one free entree with the purchase of another entree :eek: That is an insanely good deal for a place that serves expensive steak!

Woah! That's a great deal! Makes me sad that we're arriving 10 days after my birthday, because I totally would have tried our Shulas for this.

And as 50 cent would say if he was in a fancy restaurant "we're going to drink Laphroaig like it's your birthday".

:rotfl:

He softly moaned the whole time he ate this, which is what he does when he eats good steak :rotfl:

hqEfGk5.gif

:cloud9:

Also, Michelle Tanner eating is my spirit animal.

but this next trip we're going to try a few more off property places that are known for their steak! (Bull and Bear and The Palm both of which I'm very excited for :hyper:).

Such a great idea! We're hoping to squeeze in Yachtsman Steakhouse on our anniversary trip. Can never have too many good steak options. :goodvibes

I love this! :lovestruc

And as 50 cent would say if he was in a fancy restaurant "we're going to drink Laphroaig like it's your birthday".
:rotfl2: I nearly spit out my breakfast I actually LOLed at this :laughing:

And here's a little preview of our Dismeet with @chunkymonkey and @amalone1013! You'll have to wait for the TR post to see more pictures :p
Yay! How great that you had a group Dismeet :thumbsup2 Excited to read about that on your TR.

Your meal at Shulas looks amazing! I'm definitely adding this to my list for December!

I got the same thing I get every time :rotfl:

Hey, if its not broken don't fix it! That steaks looks amazing!

He softly moaned the whole time he ate this, which is what he does when he eats good steak :rotfl:

hahhahahaha!!

I got the:

1565 Tiki – St. Augustine Rum, Malibu, Orange Juice, Pineapple Juice, Vanilla Syrup, Grenadine, Myers’s Dark Rum Float

Yum. Yum. Yum! I want this now!

Can't wait to hear more about your Dismeet :cutie:

:rotfl2: I nearly spit out my breakfast I actually LOLed at this :laughing:

Yay! How great that you had a group Dismeet :thumbsup2 Excited to read about that on your TR.

It was so much fun!

Your meal at Shulas looks amazing! I'm definitely adding this to my list for December!

It was so good!

Hey, if its not broken don't fix it! That steaks looks amazing!

Exactly :thumbsup2

Great Dis meet pic!!!!

Thank you!

The great thing about Shulas is that the week of your birthday you get a coupon for one free entree with the purchase of another entree :eek: That is an insanely good deal for a place that serves expensive steak!
That is a great deal. And guess who may be in Disney for her birthday this year? Gonna have to figure out how to sign up for that.

Laphroaig (which is a single malt Scotch Whiskey according to the Internet :rotfl:). I'm really glad I asked him to spell it again while we were there, because I would have no clue if I hadn't written it down.

P5ZS8Abl.jpg
I have no idea what that is either or how to spell it, but for someone that doesn't drink much I gotta say birthday boy jumped right in the deep end :-)

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

mwhkCQfl.jpg

I always get mine done medium and it's always perfect at Shulas. So tender it's almost buttery. The Bearnaise sauce complements it's so well too.
Yum, this looks so good. I've heard Shula's is awesome but we are so wetted to Yachtsman we've never tried it. Have you all done Yacthsman too? Interested to hear your thoughts on comparison if so. Especially if I can get a free steak :-)

We also got a side to share, the mashed potatoes with roasted garlic and butter:

3wY1wAhl.jpg
These sound good, but I gotta say it oddly looks like mac and cheese

uFvx8HJl.jpg
Amazing!!!!! So jealous you all got to meet

It is! You could still use it, it's good for the whole month of your birthday. You get it a week before and then you can use it until the end of the month.

:scratchin Hmmm...well this changes things... :laughing: We may just need to check it out! Josh has had good experiences here with GF meals? I feel like a steak is probably the easiest meal ever to make gluten free...

mwhkCQfl.jpg

I always get mine done medium and it's always perfect at Shulas. So tender it's almost buttery. The Bearnaise sauce complements it's so well too.

oh my goodness, this is 100% up the picky kid's alley. It is now on the "long list" for our next trip (may get cut but may not!!!!!) Especially since I checked out the menu and they have so many yummy sounding appetizers, things that even look like mini entrees... the tiny tummy LIKE

like this:
Pan Seared Sea Scallops
Served over Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes with a Truffle Ponzu Ragout

That and a few bites of the kid's steak could make a lovely surf and turf!

Josh got the 24 oz Porterhouse:

ZVJFW1tl.jpg

The picky kid does this too, lol. That was his first filet at CA Grill! I bet he'd love it here too! Too bad 12oz is the smallest!

Wow Shulas looks wonderful I think we have to put that on the list
I do love a good steak and would like to compare them with Yatchmans and Citricos.
We had excellent steak at both of these restaurants
Looking forward to hearing about the Palm
We have reservations for the Kitchen one night
I booked it after reading your review

We were gong to go back to Yachtsman's this trip (the week of my birthday) but DH had suggested maybe Shula's since we were trying out some other Swan/Dolphin restaurants. A free steak? Yeah...that will probably make the decision. I just signed up! So glad you posted about that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter