Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Thanks PollyannaMom! I've had HBO a time or two over the years, but there never seems to be much on that interested us. I've found something half decent as background and tried to keep slowly moving and puttering around the house. I'm afraid if I sit down I won't get back up!
I will look up that movie, Yesterday - I might be able to watch it on Demand, so thanks for the recommendation. I have the intestinal fortitude for 1 scary movie a year, but I'm not brave enough to watch one alone, plus I don't trust the dogs to protect me should a haunted doll or possessed spirit or crazy chain saw maniac comes out of the woods so I'll wait for my husband to come home to watch one :dance3:
They can get him first and give me and the dogs a chance to get away ha ha!!

Youngest helped me schlep some firewood up, and I've been straightening up the kitchen, clearing out the fridge & bread drawer, and started some vegetable broth. I've even got a load of laundry in.

@easyas123 Just take it easy today. You overdid it exercising yesterday, and if you overdo it today, you won't be able to move tomorrow either. I am just taking a lazy day, watching Autumn movies on Hallmark, so I will be caught up for the Christmas ones. Hubby just turned on the football game, so I have at least 3 free hours. I may even go and take a nap for a change. Still rainy and gray out there, but the house is warm and cozy. Kind of freaked me out this morning, I went down to get the sheets out of the dryer and hear a blower kick on. I thought to myself, it can't be the furnace as it had just shut down after reaching temp. Then I realized it was the blower on the wood stove. I ran over and opened the door, thinking that maybe the fire started itself? LOL Apparently the ductwork got warm enough for the new furnace, that it filled the area around the firebox of the stove enough, that it got the thermostat up to temp on there too, and the blower started by itself. I unplugged it until we actually need to use it, don't need to waste warm air in the woodstove , lol.

Yeah, you are right. I'm going to just try to relax rest of afternoon. Just hard to sit still when I look around and see stuff that needs to be done!
But, it can all wait. I want to be able to get up & down from my office chair without crying tomorrow!

Dinner has me vexed - only cause I'm not sure what to have.

Yeah, you are right. I'm going to just try to relax rest of afternoon. Just hard to sit still when I look around and see stuff that needs to be done!J
But, it can all wait. I want to be able to get up & down from my office chair without crying tomorrow!

Dinner has me vexed - only cause I'm not sure what to have.

Same thing here..but I busted my butt all week, I deserve a day off..and so do you! As for dinner..order something take out to be delivered? May as well make it a total do nothing day, lol!

Granddaughter made it thru yesterday with no more seizures, hoping for the same for today.
Glad to hear no more seizures yesterday and hope today is the same.

I'm thinking I may just have a bit of a lazy day, do a bit here & there but not overdo it.
Yes, enjoy your lazy day. Hubby came home late yesterday afternoon so he got up early with the dogs, let them out and fed them so I kinda slept in until 8am.

Cool again here.
Here too....temp says 61 but feels way colder. Its super windy so that's probably why.

Yesterday is on at 1:15, and (though it has nothing to do with either holiday you mentioned) it was really good!
Is that the one about the guy and the Beatles songs? I've been wanting to see that but we don't have HBO...bummer.

I'm having Hallmark withdrawals already.....we got rid of cable last month and I haven't see in a Hallmark movie since. I'm considering doing their streaming service, they have a 3 month special for only $5.99 to get me through the holidays. :laughing:

Like I mentioned above Hubby got home yesterday afternoon so it's nice he's home today before leaving back to LA tomorrow morning for the rest of the week, the dogs are super happy he's home. My niece and sister were also here this weekend to visit my parents, so we all had dinner last night. My sister, parents and hubby had Indian, DD had carne asada fries and I had bean and cheese pupusas from a Mexican & Salvadorean place. After dinner, DD and I made "monster" cookies with my niece and then took a drive over to a house in the neighborhood that is all decorated for Halloween. I made breakfast for everyone before they went home this morning and now I'm just home relaxing with hubby. Later tonight, hubby and DD decided they wanted to carve our pumpkins.

Happy dogs....

Monster cookies...

I finally put up a Halloween decoration.... :sad2:

I've been meaning to decorate for weeks and was too lazy do it, I didn't want to pull everything out to have to out it away after next weekend so I just did the banner. :laughing:

Last edited:

Is that the one about the guy and the Beatles songs?

Yes, that's the one! The simplified plot is: a guy is in an accident and wakes up in a world without the Beatles' music, where he tries to remember and recreate it. There are some other subtle differences as well, and a cool "cameo". Obviously, DH and I loved the soundtrack!!

I'm having Hallmark withdrawals already.....we got rid of cable last month and I haven't see in a Hallmark movie since. I'm considering doing their streaming service, they have a 3 month special for only $5.99 to get me through the holidays. :laughing:

For $5.99 for 3 months you should get Hallmark! :)

I agree - a totally justifiable expense!!

For $5.99 for 3 months you should get Hallmark
I agree - a totally justifiable expense!!
I'm going to do a free 7 day trial. If I decide to do it, I'm going for the "upgraded" package for $7.99 with DVR capabilities. I used to DVR the movies and watch them when I got a chance....not sure the format and if you have to watch it live, it won't be worth it for me. I'll let you guys know how it works. :o

Our thread is completely slipping :(

I posted this in the Hallmark thread but did any of you watch A Very Vintage Christmas? I know you watched it last year, PollyannaMom :) I have a question about the ending. Lifetime cut off the recording! :P I had not read Imazdi's warning (Hallmark thread) that they do that. Hope this helps some of you not miss the last few movie minutes.

Good Night friends :)

Good morning.

Yesterday was a stormy day. We did our grocery shop, went to Brew Thru because we never had, got a couple of postcards to send the kids and a Christmas gift, watched some football, read books, and got pizza for dinner.

I am laying in bed watching the morning news, window open so I hear the surf, and I just realized if I sit up I can see the sky for sunrise out another window.

@lynxstch , I hope your granddaughter remains seizure free and can get some answers.

@AuntieMe3, love the picture of your dogs.

I checked the TV guide, and of course there isn't much on. I'm anti anything Christmas until after I'm done the Thanksgiving dishes, so maybe I'll try to find something Thanksgiving or Halloweenish on (that isn't Hocus Pocus!) but I'm not sure I'll have great luck.
I agree with this except, I don’t really like Halloween so I don’t like all the ugly/scary cooking and baking shows.

i forgot to mention that I picked up Saturday’s mail from the post office as we left. The jury commissioner responded to my letter and postponed my service until February. I’ll worry about it then.

And because someone requested, a few pictures before we start our day.
This was in Cape Charles, VA. Reminds me of King Triton in The Little Mermaid.
Sunday’s sunrise from our deck.
Our beach at high tide during the storm.
Have a good day friends.

Good morning everyone. Gray and dreary now, but they say it will be sunny and 66, so here's hoping! I went out and cleared the gutters on the 'maple tree' side of the yard, they were full to the top. Was hoping that tree would be empty but it's still got quite a few leaves on it. Plan on unhooking and draining the hose out back, and turning off the water for the winter, but will do that later in the week, after I give the car one more good washing. It was so nice to wake up to a 68 degree house this morning, and not have to go down and put wood in to do it, lol! Waiting for word from stepdaughter if they can get Lily into Morgantown today or not.
Have a great Monday everyone..last Monday of the month!

Good Morning everyone! It's a cool and windy a bit Monday here.

Continued prayers for Lily, Lynxstch. Please keep us posted and know we all care so much and about you! :)

Carol, I also don't like Halloween at all and am not into scary/creepy movies either. Pretty sunrise picture, thanks for sharing.

Pea, I do hope you enjoy a quiet Monday today!

I'm going to do a free 7 day trial. If I decide to do it, I'm going for the "upgraded" package for $7.99 with DVR capabilities. I used to DVR the movies and watch them when I got a chance....not sure the format and if you have to watch it live, it won't be worth it for me. I'll let you guys know how it works. :o
Well I guess I was reading it wrong, the price isn't for 3 months....just one month. I could've swore I kept seeing 3 month for one price....maybe it was a special and I missed out on it. I don't know....:confused3So now I really have to decide if I want to still pay for it or not... lol Its not that much and we can afford it but I'm kinda cheap...:laughing: If anything I'll do the $5.99 a month and just forgo the DVR capabilities, it seems there is an on demand section...so that should work for me. I tried to watch a fall movie 'Sweet Autumn' yesterday but couldn't get into it. Hubby is off to LA later on this morning and DD is working so I'll have some alone time to watch something.

Worked some long shifts in a row, a quiet day tomorrow sounds divine.
Enjoy your quiet day, sounds like you deserve it.

@Breezy_Carol Love your pictures....I just love the beach and its been so long since I've been. DD and I have been talking about taking a little overnight trip soon and I think I'm going to look into going to the beach.

@lynxstch I hope they can get your DGD in today and they can get some answers soon. Continued thoughts for her. Also, so glad you are finally able to enjoy your new heat system.

It's really cold here this morning....its only 39° right now. 🥶 And I love it...:laughing:

Welp, even though I wasn't feeling Christmas this year, my husband was and he asked me if I was interested in a quick trip up to Gettysburg the weekend before Christmas. I just booked one night at a hotel and made reservations at our favorite restaurant up there...while I was poking around at different hotels (ended up just choosing a familiar one we've stayed at before that is good for walking to central locations, but nothing to exciting or special) I noticed that quite a few were sold out that Saturday before Christmas, so hopefully things are going well for the merchants up there.
So - that ought to be fun, and will hopefully put me in the Christmasy mood.
I also ordered a 7' pencil tree for the sitting room. We usually have Christmas in our finished basement but as it is currently unavailable to us, the sitting room it is this year! I just wanted to have a small 2' table top tree but my husband looked at me like I was scrooge when I suggested it. My Christmas decor style has always been "less is more" and simple white lights. His is "Best Little ***** House in Texas goes to Walmart on Black Friday".....it's hard to find the middle ground sometimes!!!

AuntieMe3, Sweet Autumn, to me, got sweeter at the very end. I didn't say this originally because I didn't want to give away any spoilers but to me the story would have been a ton more meaningful had Aunt Dee been healthy and lived throughout. Had we gotten to see her nieces grow up with her at her candy shop. Maybe as they grew up and she aged, one of them could still become a partner in the business.

It's actually cool in this apartment amazing! It is supposed to be 84 later in the week. I may have asked this at the start of the plague but don't remember the replies. Where do all of you get your jersey sheets? For many years I loved Bed, Bath, and Beyond Pure Beech Jersey sheets. They were expensive (for me) at $30 but normally there was some type of BB&B coupon. In the last few years the quality of these sheets have drastically gone downhill. I think it was two years ago when I got two sets of these sheets in a light pink color for a great price because they were clearance. Sadly they had to be returned because after only a few washings the sheets began to pill badly! I've never have found anything comparable in terms of being truly soft and smooth. I'd appreciate some suggestions! :)

Well I guess I was reading it wrong, the price isn't for 3 months....just one month. I could've swore I kept seeing 3 month for one price....maybe it was a special and I missed out on it. I don't know....:confused3So now I really have to decide if I want to still pay for it or not... lol Its not that much and we can afford it but I'm kinda cheap...:laughing: If anything I'll do the $5.99 a month and just forgo the DVR capabilities, it seems there is an on demand section...so that should work for me. I tried to watch a fall movie 'Sweet Autumn' yesterday but couldn't get into it. Hubby is off to LA later on this morning and DD is working so I'll have some alone time to watch something.

I had no issues getting into Sweet Autumn, but I gave up this morning on Country At Heart and deleted it 20 miinutes into it.

Enjoy your quiet day, sounds like you deserve it.

@Breezy_Carol Love your pictures....I just love the beach and its been so long since I've been. DD and I have been talking about taking a little overnight trip soon and I think I'm going to look into going to the beach.

@lynxstch I hope they can get your DGD in today and they can get some answers soon. Continued thoughts for her. Also, so glad you are finally able to enjoy your new heat system.

Thank you! Stepdaughter just messaged me back--
She talked to them this morning. Had to call her pediatrician to get a referral sent. Then morgantown will call her with the appt. They said should be today or tomorrow when they call. She asked if it would be soon and she said if there are possible seizures then they usually get them in quickly.
Grandsons foot is still not 100% but he's going back to work this week. So there is some good news at least. And Granddaughter made it thru the weekend with no seizures !

It's really cold here this morning....its only 39° right now. 🥶 And I love it...:laughing:

Brrrr too early to be that cold out, but we are supposed to go down to 29 on Friday nite, and I do NOT love it! lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter