Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good Morning everyone! It's a cool and windy a bit Monday here.

Continued prayers for Lily, Lynxstch. Please keep us posted and know we all care so much and about you!
Thanks @flyingdumbo127
I just posted under Auntieme's thread about Lily, but will post it here too--
She talked to them this morning. Had to call her pediatrician to get a referral sent. Then morgantown will call her with the appt. They said should be today or tomorrow when they call. She asked if it would be soon and she said if there are possible seizures then they usually get them in quickly.

Grandsons foot is still not 100% but thankfully he is going back to work this week.

Carol, I also don't like Halloween at all and am not into scary/creepy movies either. Pretty sunrise picture, thanks for sharing.

Pea, I do hope you enjoy a quiet Monday today!

There was too much middle stuff in Sweet Autumn! Like I said I did like the very beginning and the very end! I do wish the middle had been different lol.

I have DVR-ed to watch: Christmas a la Mode, Christmas Land, and Christmas Unwrapped. I'll share how I like those after watching. Last year, I did sort of like Christmas Under the Stars. I liked the Christmas Tree lot owner and how the town seemed to rally around him. His friendship with two of the main characters was very sweet as well.

Continued prayers for Lily!

@easyas123, prayers for the young man.

@lynxstch, prayers for your granddaughter.

@flyingdumbo127, if you like the Pure Beech jersey sheets, you might like Cuddl Duds (I got ours at Kohl's). When I bought some last year, they had 3 levels of warmth - microfiber, flannel, and fleece. I got the microfiber because of hot flashes but they're still quite warm, I think ;) Some cute winter prints as well. I, too, used to like the Pure Beech but they do pill quickly, as well as discolor and shrink.

I so want to like the Hallmark Christmas movies but they're practically all the same! "Single high-powered city executive moves back/visits the small town where she grew up for the holiday, saves a failing business, and after a couple of arguments, falls in love with hometown boy." Maybe if I can find some that you're all recommending, though, I will give them a try. I do have A Very Vintage Christmas set to record next week, as that one does sound interesting. We had a conversation about these movies yesterday at my in-laws' house and my BIL said that he's been watching them non-stop because SIL likes them so much. He actually knows characters and actors, etc. He did recommend one that has an archaeologist in it, so I'm trying to figure out what that one is. I do have one on at the moment and all I can tell you is that a white-haired Patrick Duffy is in it :eek:

During errands this morning, I got caught between 2 men at Aldi's who were trading barbs over presidential candidates while waiting in line (2 different lines...1 in the line to our left, and 1 behind me). It probably all started because the man in the left line was wearing a mask with one of the candidates on it. They weren't really being nasty to each other, but the one behind me was very loudly proclaiming all of the things wrong with the other man's candidate. Then after we stopped to bag our groceries and return our cart, the man who'd been behind us had accosted 2 women in the parking lot and was loudly praising his candidate and telling them to "just wait" if the other candidate wins. The women were trying to hard to ignore him and pack up their cars and leave, it was obvious. Ugh, I cannot wait until this election is over...Isn't there a saying about 2 things you never talk about with strangers, religion and politics?

QOTD: what is your favorite evening snack?

How I try SO HARD to limit my sugar and carbs, but when it comes to evening snacks, I fall apart. I like my ice cream. But if I have no Turkey Hill, I most likely won't have anything. If we have any "monster mix" in the house - the trail mix with M&Ms - I'll have an exact serving of that (I think it's 1/3 cup - I used to have to measure it when I was pregnant with Josh). Or sometimes I'll chomp on a bowl of dry cereal. For the ice cream and cereal, I use one of Josh's little snack bowls; I don't know the exact size but I do know they're smaller than a "normal" cereal bowl.

Here in Cape May it was quite chilly yesterday, but today is more normal, mid 60’s. This morning around 8 AM, I went out to feed the birds as usual, and heard the Star Spangled Banner coming from the Coast Guard Base, just a few blocks from our house. They play it every day, but whether we hear it depends on which way the wind blows.

Added to that, three moon flowers were still opened nicely. They will be curling up soon, each only lasts 12-15 hours. They are quite fragrant, and when you have three so close together it’s delightful!

You can see yesterday’s flower all curled, and many smaller buds for later in the week, until temperatures go down regularly into 40’s at night.

Many blessings.

Morgantown just called stepdaughter.and they gave her an appt for Nov 30'th? Stepdaughter told them it was urgent and that wasn't good enough. They said they would message the pediatric neurologist and see if they could get her in sooner. So stepdaughter called her pediatrician and asked what else she could do. Since there is no EEG testing in our area, that she would have to take her to WVU er and they would call the pediatric neurologist on call at that time. So if they don't call with a sooner appt date by tomorrow,,then she will be taking her to the ER tomorrow :(

Re: Hallmark movies..I find them pretty much all the same. Same storylines, girl always falls in love with a hometown boy or vice versa. One of them will leave their job and move to the other persons location. Hubby always comes in at the end of one and says 'imagine that, another happy ending for a Hallmark movie" lol!

Hugs, Lynxstch, that is awful service! I pray for much better and speedier options later today. I am so sorry it may be necessary for her to go to the ER tomorrow :( Why anyone doesn't think seizures especially in a child is urgent is beyond me!

Apirateslifeforme, thank you for the Cuddliduds recommendation! Last year I got two sets of regular sheets from Kohls that are the softest and best sheets ever! I definitely am a fan of their sheets. Hug on the hot flashes, I'm not there yet. I don't think flannel (unless it is very light) or for sure fleece is needed here but that's great Kohl's offers options! I will be thrilled when this election is over. Way too much negativity both ways and all that does is fuel even more nastiness which is the last thing our world needs! Let me know what you think of A Very Vintage Christmas! Also, when is it on? I did miss probably the last 5 minutes (or less) due to it being cut off on Lifetime.

Bobbiewoz, the moonflowers are neat! I've only heard of fictional moonflowers in the My Secret Unicorn Books!

I am so grateful Dad is home from the dentist and he felt safe during his appointment. He does need to go back next week to have an old filling replaced but was grateful as am I nothing more is needed. I was able to share with him my own replacement filling from a few weeks ago could not have been any easier!

Hug to all!

Today we walked two miles on the beach then biked about 9 miles later. Trying to work off all the eating and drinking we are doing.

I put this on Facebook and thought that I’d share here. When taking a vacation the week before a major election to get away from political phone calls and nastiness, don’t go to a battleground state. Far more political ads and signs in North Carolina than in Maryland.

I so want to like the Hallmark Christmas movies but they're practically all the same! "Single high-powered city executive moves back/visits the small town where she grew up for the holiday, saves a failing business, and after a couple of arguments, falls in love with hometown boy."
And the two that are going to end up together always break up or get split up or have a misunderstanding at 15 minutes before the end of the movie. Look at the time it happens next time.:)

Good evening all.
Dogs insisted on a fire, even though it's not terribly cold outside - it is cozy in here now. We've got our pajamas on, and I've got on my icyhot patches on my thighs...made it up the steps today! I'm giving myself this evening to be lazy & sit around and then I've got to start getting stuff done around here. So to that end we've got some non-news TV on to dull our brains into relaxing. I'm going to have a breakfast burrito for dinner here shortly.

Good morning DIS family! Was overcast earlier, but sun is coming out now. They say we will get to 60. Most of our fall colors have already disappeared and leaves fallen off the trees. Going to the discount grocery place with Sister in law and Niece in a bit. Then a few more 'before winter' projects to be done. Happy Tuesday to all!

Good morning everyone. Another chilly day here, I guess we are officially in fall now. :lovestruc Sunday was super windy and then yesterday was just a little breezy but about 35 miles away it was so windy at least 21 semi trucks flipped from the wind. From what I read, thankfully all the drivers were ok but I saw some pictures on a local FB group and it was crazy.

I have a blood pressure check appt in 2 1/2 hours to see if my new meds are working and can't remember if I took my pill already this morning or not... :sad2: I guess if my BP is high, I didn't take it. 🤦‍♀️

Going to try Walmart this morning after my appointment. The two times I've been since Covid were terrible, having to wait in line and there still being a million people in there. Hoping this morning will be a little better, there are some ankle boots I saw on their website I want to try on.

Hope everyone has a good day today.

Good morning All from me, too :)

I felt cold overnight, amazing! Loving the cooler weather such an extra Blessing following all the heat.

AuntieMe3, hug and prayer my friend, take care! As an FYI to you and all, (I do realize shoes can't be tried on online), Wal-Mart.com has excellent service. Dad and I have ordered a ton from there during this plague.

It's Tuesday yet feels much later already in the week!

Have a good day all :)

Last edited:
Another cool & gloomy day here as well. I don't think we are going to see sun again till Saturday!
The Great Hunters have had some success, and as such may be heading home a few days early, so I may be seeing them trickle in tomorrow or tomorrow night-maybe Thursday morning.
Lunch today will be egg salad over water crackers...I think that is possibly more vanilla than vanilla. Dinner this evening will be chicken over salad or chicken a la something or another. Bottom line, I took some chicken tenders out of freezer!
Quiet day in the office today, and that is okay w/ me. Tomorrow morning I've got to sweet talk one of the dogs to the vet for a grooming & some shots. He's a real nervous nelly and he'll be a handful when I pick him up tomorrow afternoon. But he really needs to be professionally groomed, and of course needs his shots.

Lynxstch - still keeping your granddaughter in my thoughts, hope everything going well there.

Another cool & gloomy day here as well. I don't think we are going to see sun again till Saturday!
The Great Hunters have had some success, and as such may be heading home a few days early, so I may be seeing them trickle in tomorrow or tomorrow night-maybe Thursday morning.
Lunch today will be egg salad over water crackers...I think that is possibly more vanilla than vanilla. Dinner this evening will be chicken over salad or chicken a la something or another. Bottom line, I took some chicken tenders out of freezer!
Quiet day in the office today, and that is okay w/ me. Tomorrow morning I've got to sweet talk one of the dogs to the vet for a grooming & some shots. He's a real nervous nelly and he'll be a handful when I pick him up tomorrow afternoon. But he really needs to be professionally groomed, and of course needs his shots.

Lynxstch - still keeping your granddaughter in my thoughts, hope everything going well there.

Haven't heard anything yet today. Just messaged and asked if they are going to the ER or not. Thanks for the good thoughts!

@lynxstch, I agree that that's a long time for an appointment. Continued prayers :)

@flyingdumbo127, and anyone else that wanted to catch A Very Vintage Christmas again, our schedule says 11/4 at 8 EST. Has anyone watched Random Acts of Christmas? That one keeps popping up and I was wondering if it's any good...

And I, too, second Walmart.com - we order our coffee that way; we get 2 of the gigantic-sized boxes of their brand single-serve pods and they always arrive the next day.

@AuntieMe3, I hope your BP check is okay. But my DH is on 2 BP meds and it doesn't seem to affect his overall numbers if he misses one morning dose. I don't know how new your medication is, but if it's been long enough to get into your system, hopefully your numbers will be good :)

Speaking of Walmart, we went this morning and it was pleasant. Not a lot of people yet (around 9 a.m.). But no cat litter to be found at all...candy aisle looked like a tornado went through it, and they had all kinds of boxes and storeroom carts blocking several aisles. And I had a hard time finding one of those "price check" scanners that was working. I spent a good 10 minutes going through the cheap DVD bin and had found 2 possibilities for a stocking stuffer for Josh. I wanted to verify the prices before I picked one. Ended up with the 1991 live-action The Addams Family (Anjelica Huston and Raul Julia) for $3.74.

DH came home last night with the cutest little Halloween treat basket that his boss made for Josh. She filled a little black spiderweb bowl with candy, treats, and a mask and wrapped it all in cellophane. So sweet! She has about 10 grandchildren and was making them anyway. She really likes DH and she told him that "no kid should go without treats on Halloween." I have to have him draw a thank-you picture, at the very least, for her.

Also last night, a local photography studio held their annual "Unify Against Bullying" fashion show, and of course this year it was virtual. We'd used this studio 2x last year for formal family photos, and I remember the photographer commenting on how photogenic Josh and his teenage cousins were. Well, our 16-year-old niece Charlotte was one of the models! Because of the different format this year, it was a video of various teenage girls opening a box of clothes and showing off what they received, then it faded out and back in to them wearing the outfit. Toward the end, a young man named Tucker appeared and Josh said, "That looks like Coach Tucker" (his gymnastics coach) (well, in viewing a video that DH took, I did say that he looked like he was about 15 years old... ;) ). When he did a standing back flip, we all said, "Oh yeah, that's him!" Josh is so excited to tell him on Thursday night that he saw him in the fashion show :)

Does anyone happen to have some ideas for a little gift for a volunteer soccer coach? This Saturday is their last game, and I just received an email that she has "a little something" for the kids. My mom already suggested getting her something, but I really am not sure what to do. Most people probably would just do a Dunkin or Starbucks card, but I just never know which one to choose (and some people don't even drink coffee). Maybe I'm overthinking it and I should just pick one. Or Target...?

Okay, I am trying to watch another of these Hallmark movies...did these people seriously just have a liver transplant, and they look picture-perfect the minute they wake up in the hospital? I get put out for a mere 20 minutes and I wake up looking (and feeling) like I got run over by 100 semis. And I'm certainly not up and walking right away either... :sad2:

I hope Lily is doing better and gets to see the doctor soon.

I love the dogs in front of the fireplace. They are very handsome.

All this talk about Hallmark movies make me want to take a look. I have watched a few but haven't really put alot of effort into recording or watching them. They sound like a nice relaxing way to spend the evening. With the holidays coming it sounds like it is time to start watching.

Sunday we saw everyone at younger DS's house. The new puppy is adorable and she is mama's girl. We had to stay outside even at younger DS's house because older DIL did not want to be inside. She was a bit curt with us and I believe it is because we just got back from NH and she thinks we need to just stay at home. We may go back to virtual visits with them because we can't stand outside for hours in the middle of winter. We are going to WDW next month and I am sure she and older DS are appalled. I try to explain to them that we take all the precautions recommended, would never stay in an unsafe situation, and we need to live our life now while we are healthy enough and able to get around well. Oh well, they will understand some day, maybe. Younger DS and DIL asked me when we will be going to WDW and said to have a good time. We did have fun with the kids and it was nice to see them. They are so sweet and cute.

We have our candy bought for Halloween. Now we just need to clean up the table and get ready to set it up outside on Saturday. It will be interesting to see how many kids come by.

Jasper has been on his meds for a few days now and I don't notice too much of a difference in his cough. It may be marginally better. Once the med routine is done I am going to ask the vet about homeopathic remedies. He may be able to get by with something that just soothes his throat.

It has been chilly and overcast here the past few days. Today it is in the low fifties. In a couple of months this will seem warm. LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter