Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

@apirateslifeforme Our Walmart looked like that last weekend. I was there at 9 am, and it was practically empty of customers. No cat litter 2 weeks ago in there, last weekend the shelves were full, seems like it happens every other week. None of the price checkers in our store are working either, I am wondering if they purposely shut them down for some reason? Candy row looked like it had been pillaged, as well as the seasonal candy one. Guess someone is still eating candy for Halloween, lol!
LOL to the Hallmark movies, I think the same thing sometimes..everything is just 'too perfect' in them!

Apirateslifeforme, that was so sweet of your DH's boss to do for Josh! I'm glad you have also had positive experiences with Walmart.com. We had never ordered from them before the plague but sure have made up for that now! Very handy. Thank you for the A Very Vintage Christmas info. I have not seen the other movie but am curious also about it. How cool about Coach Tucker! Target or more likely Amazon (even Walmart) might have a soccer themed gift card. Just a suggestion⚽ Nice of you to want to get the coach a small something :) LOL, to the movie characters! They and their homes especially sure do look picture perfect. Oh and good for your niece! I love that your local photography studio holds such an event, too.

Snowysmom, glad you had a cute puppy experience! Nothing quite like puppy time, so precious and fun. I am sorry about your older DIL especially since it sounds like this was not at her home? Paws and prayers continuing for Jasper! Often times, a sore, itchy throat is the hardest part of curtailing a cough! I know Jasper is a dog but what often helps me (plus tastes good without any possible effects from a medicine--I can be very medication sensitive) is Werther's Original Hard candy! I am not a big caramel fan either but those are tasty and seem to help, too.

Lynxstch, even pre plague finding a working price checker (anywhere) could be challenging! Any update on Lily?🙏

AuntieMe3, Sweet Autumn, to me, got sweeter at the very end. I didn't say this originally because I didn't want to give away any spoilers but to me the story would have been a ton more meaningful had Aunt Dee been healthy and lived throughout. Had we gotten to see her nieces grow up with her at her candy shop. Maybe as they grew up and she aged, one of them could still become a partner in the business.

It's actually cool in this apartment amazing! It is supposed to be 84 later in the week. I may have asked this at the start of the plague but don't remember the replies. Where do all of you get your jersey sheets? For many years I loved Bed, Bath, and Beyond Pure Beech Jersey sheets. They were expensive (for me) at $30 but normally there was some type of BB&B coupon. In the last few years the quality of these sheets have drastically gone downhill. I think it was two years ago when I got two sets of these sheets in a light pink color for a great price because they were clearance. Sadly they had to be returned because after only a few washings the sheets began to pill badly! I've never have found anything comparable in terms of being truly soft and smooth. I'd appreciate some suggestions! :)
Percale.It's soft,washes well,and is still cool and crisp.Delightful!

Apirateslifeforme, that was so sweet of your DH's boss to do for Josh! I'm glad you have also had positive experiences with Walmart.com. We had never ordered from them before the plague but sure have made up for that now! Very handy. Thank you for the A Very Vintage Christmas info. I have not seen the other movie but am curious also about it. How cool about Coach Tucker! Target or more likely Amazon (even Walmart) might have a soccer themed gift card. Just a suggestion⚽ Nice of you to want to get the coach a small something :) LOL, to the movie characters! They and their homes especially sure do look picture perfect. Oh and good for your niece! I love that your local photography studio holds such an event, too.

Snowysmom, glad you had a cute puppy experience! Nothing quite like puppy time, so precious and fun. I am sorry about your older DIL especially since it sounds like this was not at her home? Paws and prayers continuing for Jasper! Often times, a sore, itchy throat is the hardest part of curtailing a cough! I know Jasper is a dog but what often helps me (plus tastes good without any possible effects from a medicine--I can be very medication sensitive) is Werther's Original Hard candy! I am not a big caramel fan either but those are tasty and seem to help, too.

Lynxstch, even pre plague finding a working price checker (anywhere) could be challenging! Any update on Lily?🙏

Nothing yet. I messaged stepdaughter awhile ago asking if she took her to the ER or what, but haven't gotten any response yet. Will post when I hear something, thanks for asking!

Back to gray and cloudy skies again, but the temp is 65. They say we could possibly get 1-2" of rain on Thursday from the storm that is down South. Someone also dared to mention the S word, and it better not! We have had it before on Halloween, and I don't want it till at least December, lol. I used the leaf blower and blew all the leaves from one side into the front, and from the front into the other side. Raked them onto a tarp and put them in the garden to mulch themselves. Cut back our peony bushes, my canterbury bells, the hosta, and covered them for the winter. Leftover clam chowder for dinner, then will be watching the Voice. Probably watch Bachelorette after that, and save This is Us for another night.
I wish some of our missing DIS family would check in like @lovemygoofy , @NYCgrrl and others we haven't heard from in ages it seems like!
Have a nice evening everyone!

Does anyone happen to have some ideas for a little gift for a volunteer soccer coach? This Saturday is their last game, and I just received an email that she has "a little something" for the kids. My mom already suggested getting her something, but I really am not sure what to do. Most people probably would just do a Dunkin or Starbucks card, but I just never know which one to choose (and some people don't even drink coffee). Maybe I'm overthinking it and I should just pick one. Or Target...?

If you have a sports store around you (Olympia, Dick's, Modell's...) maybe a little gift card there? (Or a bigger one if you know a couple of the other parents who might want to go in together?) I would think people coaching kids are probably into sports/fitness themselves.

Hello all.

DH and I are celebrating 36 years of wedded bliss. We drove down to Hatteras to take the ferry to Ocracoke, slightly less than 2 hours. We were surprised by the line for the ferry. Expected. To wait up to an hour but it looked like it could have been 2 hours. We bailed out of line and went to the Graveyard of the aAtlantic museum. Then we found a little deli for lunch, and it was delicious. Then went to the Cape Hatteras lighthouse and went to the beach there. It was very nice. Lots of surfers to watch. Took a scenic drive into Manteo then got carry out seafood dinner and brought back to the house to eat. Getting ready to watch This Is Us.

@apirateslifeforme , what about a gas gift card? I always appreciated them.

Eaayas123- the dogs look so comfy and I love your floors !
BreezyCarol - enjoy your Hubbie and the trip
Lynxstch - prayers for your family
Apirateslifeforme - I second the Dicks sporting gift card,

Morning everyone, my folks who live a few hours away are coming up to visit on Halloween.they usually give out the candy while we trick or treat with the kids. I figured during the day , my older son can make a chute for candy to slide down into the kid’s buckets. This should keep him and my dad busy for an hour or two. Then my youngest can bake a cake with my mom. Always hard to find indoor activities to do with the grandparents. In the summer, we play mini golf. My Hubbie insists on giving out Reese cups and KitKats, kids like chocolate, which is what most of the neighborhood gives out too. I buy a big box of full size rice krisPie treats from the warehouse store and most kids actually choose them for something different. I also buy 20 or so goldfish crackers little bags to give out to those under 3. We usually get 80-90 children.

Good morning all. Gray and gloomy right now, but they say sun and 65. Calling for 1-2" of rain as a possibility for tomorrow. I don't mind rain, but not that much! Some area's other than us might even see snow flurries! Still haven't heard anything more about our granddaughter, will have to message stepdaughter again later to find out if there is anything new. I am assuming since we haven't heard anything, that she did not take her to the WVU ER yesterday and that she hasn't had anymore seizures.
Have a great Wednesday everyone, the week is almost 1/2 over!

That's a nice assortment of treats, Sparkle! How kind of you to do that. A candy chute sounds fun for the kids :)

Be cozy at home today, Lynxstch and stay dry! I sure pray that is true about your granddaughter!

How lovely to see you, NYCgrrl, you have been missed!

I thought of another family member within this thread we haven't seen in a while, Kirby! Prayers she is well.

Cool but semi sunny here this morning. Dad is happy the Dodgers won last night ⚾

Happy Wednesday, Everyone!

I'm choosing to look at this from a point of amusement, because if I think about it much it twists my knickers!

#1 our neighborhood HOA has announced that they will have trick or treating on both Friday & Saturday, because some of the precious little darlings will be going to other neighborhoods on Saturday and it's to much that they have to choose where to walk around and get free candy, so they should get to have both! What the?!?!?! So I'm supposed to put out candy for kids on Friday for what? I 110% presume this is some Mom who calls her kids "littles" and will one day regret her stupidity. I digress.....

#2 we are supposed to go to my BIL & SIL on Halloween, to see our niece, hang out for a bit, while they toss candy at kids from their driveway or whatever is happening for trick or treating this year...So I say - "hey, what time is this party starting? 5ish? it starts getting darker then - it's what I recall from a long time ago when my kids were much younger and trick or treated. No. She thinks, because the county says trick or treating from 6 - 7:30 that not one single kid will show up before then :rotfl: . Mind you they live in one of the only developments with lights & sidewalks-people will be coming from all over!
"no one can start until 6, because then you don't have people knocking on your door at dinner time" ha ha ha.. Ahh, young parents and new homeowners. Love it.....

And these are The Littles

Sorry for the vent, or amusement?!?! Just sometimes, I do truly wonder what people are thinking sometimes.

Lynxstch - hope all is going will w/ your granddaughter today. Hurry Up & Wait with medical stuff & kids is the worst.

ANOTHER cool & gloomy day(huh-matches my mood I guess) today here as well. Dropped the big guy off at the groomers today, he was a bundle of nerves, but he will be worse when I pick him up. But he will be better for it. Plus they are giving him his shots while he is up there (they are part of my vets rehab practice) so he won't have to go back for just a shot, which I appreciate. 100% rain tomorrow from the remnants of the hurricane (I think that is where its coming from?) and then downright chilly on Friday & Saturday. Like maybe less than 50 as the high. Then more rain Sunday afternoon - hmmm, maybe that is the hurricane rain? Well, no matter the source, it will be here. I suspect Sunday afternoon what with the cold & rain & time change will be a complete chill out afternoon for us.

We have an appraiser coming over on Tuesday afternoon around4 PM for a re-fi. I've just realized by scheduling him on that day I've fouled up my plans of voting after work - I'm going to have to reconnoiter my schedule and try to vote before hand. I could have voted ahead of time, but I like to vote on election day if at all possible, luckily we live in a rural area and so the line out the school gym on election day usually isn't terribly long. Especially mid-day.

I’ve been here but not for awhile as my RL took a bizarre turn and I need to keep myself.... guarded?,strong and move on.

On July 29th, the man went to a regularly scheduled doctor’s appointment and was urged by his hematologist to go to the emergency room immediately.
He did and never walked the streets of NYC again as he passed away on August 24th.

He was a two time cancer survivor but just didn't survive the last time and of course it was unexpected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter