Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

The kids (and by "kids" I mean 20 and 16 lol) have rediscovered their childhood and we are watching episodes of Oswald. I highly recommend. It's very calming. ;)

After dinner we try to watch a movie but mostly there is no TV around here. They are watching their Youtubers and playing video games.

I am also very happy about Call The Midwife tonight! I love that show. Of course, I always need a Kleenex.

We also really like Top Chef. It's great it's back, but I think they had to pause production at some point.

We are on our second round of viewing The repair shop on Netflix. Such sweet stories and talented repair experts. It's a nice show to enjoy at the end of the day. :flower1:

Somebody is stalking our TV viewing!!!!

We haven't finished the Repair Shop yet however. Been doling them out. I hope you are wrong about Top Chef pausing production, I've been so happy it's back. Of course not nearly as happy as I am about Call the Midwife!

I have never watched Grey's Anatomy, not sure why. It looks like my type of show. Considered binge watching til I saw it was 16 seasons.

Maybe Call the Midwife. They are only in season 9.

My new go to mindless cable channel is GAC, . Lots of shows out home buying in the country, RVs, Flea Market Flip.

Finally sunny today. Need to get outside for a bit.

Yesterday had a "chat " with both kids and their families, which is always nice.

I have never watched Grey's Anatomy, not sure why. It looks like my type of show. Considered binge watching til I saw it was 16 seasons.

Maybe Call the Midwife. They are only in season 9.

My new go to mindless cable channel is GAC, . Lots of shows out home buying in the country, RVs, Flea Market Flip.

Finally sunny today. Need to get outside for a bit.

Yesterday had a "chat " with both kids and their families, which is always nice.

Just finished mowing the lawn for the first time this season..whew..that's way too much work and like exercise, lol!

Just finished mowing the lawn for the first time this season..whew..that's way too much work and like exercise, lol!
I tried to pull weeds last week, barely put a dent in them and was so sore the whole weekend. :sad2: :rotfl:

I think I reached the point where I'm bored of doing nothing...lol And I'm always up for doing nothing, so that says a lot. I need to get outside and do some more yard work but it's just so much. We usually hire someone to do the outside but haven't been able to do that recently. I think I'll concentrate on the inside of the house...lol

And I'm totally controlling my eating today...I swear all I did was eat this weekend. I made myself breakfast this morning, I'll do lunch and dinner and NOT snack all day like I've been doing.

Starting a new week. Mark another day off the calendar and know we are another day closer to this "over." I know some may be getting house fever, myself included. I'm tired of cooking and meal planning but my stretchy parents are getting looser. Maybe I've just stretched them out :rolleyes1

It's beautiful day here at least and I know that there will need to start mowing soon. I won't be doing it. I'll plant pretty flowers. It's to an extent surreal to think we are talking about mowing and spring activity and yet feel like it takes mission command plan to even think about going to buy flowers. Just take precautions and do the best we can.

I'm going to start watch some of the shows I've been putting off like the newest season of The Crown and I know my favorite show overall is Nailed It starts this week. I don't binge watch things as I don't have attention span and I don't like to go through something quickly and not have things to enjoy over a period of time. I'm the same person who will make a package of cookies last a while because I don't like to be out anything.

Just know we are one day closer to back to "normal." I'm looking forward to getting my coconut mocha and a long drive with sunroof open and stopping for some good beer at a brewery. I know we will get there.

Tonight's dinner: leftover Thanksgiving style with package of shredded turkey I found in the freezer, some stuffing in the pantry, going to roast sweet potatoes and brussel sprouts.

Onto question of the day... ya'll be safe

Question of the day 3/30: What's a favorite holiday you celebrate and why?

My husband loves Halloween. He loves the costumes and decorating and "scaring" but we also live in a neighborhood that has hundreds of kids that trick or treat. This past October with the weather in the 20s and spitting snow we had over 150 kids and that was small turnout. We do chocolate, non chocolate, and mini play dough (which is super popular and usually goes before the candy!)

I love Thanksgiving. I love cooking and visiting with my family or even my in-law family, which is my family too. I like people just enjoy being together and having an open heart. I miss Thanksgiving with the Army where we would have 30+ people at my house and I'd cook for couple days planning to feed many who had no one. It was stressful but fun.

Favorite holiday is Christmas......love the decorations (takes me 3 days to put them all up), family being together, the music, wrapping presents......all of it.

Not tired of being home. I am a home body.....I have lots to do. I always cook, so no different now. If we go out it is usually to lunch on a movie day (that I do miss). We usually go once a week.

Dinner tonight is Swiss chicken, asparagus and salad.

Last edited:
I just wanna say I’ve been really enjoying your posts. You sound like a really nice and thoughtful person.

She does, doesn't she?!?!:hyper2: This is a great thread-

My absolute most favorite holiday is Thanksgiving!
It used to be a huge family gathering when I was a kid. And I love to cook - when I was in my late 20's I co-hosted over 40 family members along with my Mother. To this day I still take the day before Thanksgiving off of work to start my prep. My husband takes me out for breakfast the Sunday before and helps me with the "big" grocery shop. We argue over who will pick up the tab each year at breakfast - it's a running joke as we combined financial accounts in 1993 and so it's not as if one is paying over another! I don't know what it is about it - the crowded house, the hustle & bustle, but I really, really enjoy that time of year.
I hate how it seems to be a overlooked holiday in some ways, I feel like we go from Labor Day weekend to Christmas with a brief stop at Halloween and Thanksgiving gets the short!

Dinner tonight is leftovers and odd bits and pieces.
Our state has gone into a more serious stay at home situation, and we have decided to stagger folks time in the office so as of this week, we both have off Monday and one other day TBD during the week-

Question of the day 3/30: What's a favorite holiday you celebrate and why?

My husband loves Halloween. He loves the costumes and decorating and "scaring" but we also live in a neighborhood that has hundreds of kids that trick or treat. This past October with the weather in the 20s and spitting snow we had over 150 kids and that was small turnout. We do chocolate, non chocolate, and mini play dough (which is super popular and usually goes before the candy!)

I love Thanksgiving. I love cooking and visiting with my family or even my in-law family, which is my family too. I like people just enjoy being together and having an open heart. I miss Thanksgiving with the Army where we would have 30+ people at my house and I'd cook for couple days planning to feed many who had no one. It was stressful but fun.

I am not big on holidays anymore.

I used to love the holidays. Big meals for everyone at Thanksgiving; massive decorating, baking, and shopping for Christmas; egg coloring and hunts at Easter; Halloween and dressing up and handing out candy; 4th of July picnics and fireworks; even New Years Eve with staying up all night.

But now, there's really only DH and I to cook for at Tday (DS doesn't like anything but mashed potatoes and rolls on a regular turkey day menu), so not worth cooking. I am tired of hauling all the decor out at Christmas and then putting it back (all by myself); the baking is ok, but for presents, I ship to the grandkids and my DDs, and DS only wants $$$ nowadays, so what fun is wrapping that? DS is too old for Easter and Halloween kid fun; it's just too hot here in FL for 4th of July outdoor fun; and NYE is just another day becoming another day...it's no fun to celebrate it alone (which is what I would end up doing).

Christmas is my very favorite time of year. I am not a night owl in the least but my church's Candlelight service on Christmas Eve is just beautiful. It's my second favorite (regularly scheduled) service of the year. My very favorite which I am sad to miss this year is our Easter Sunrise service. Something so incredibly beautiful about the quiet still early morning and getting to watch the sun rise through the Sanctuary as Jesus, God's Son, rises anew within my heart. That said, Easter/Spring is my favorite season. Lol, sorry to have made this question sort of into 2 questions!

I truly thank you also Tina for your kind and humorous, genuine posts. To everyone else, I also extend a Monday hug :)

Three positives from today so far:

One of the maintenance men from the management company to my building, came early to replace my (and all other units) carbon monoxide detectors. Mine along with others had gone off within the last week. A call to the fire department revealed they had been getting lots of similar calls from city residents. Reminder to be sure your own carbon monoxide and smoke alarms are working and have fresh batteries.

Sunshine, supposed to get to 75 here tomorrow.

Looking forward to getting out tomorrow to the grocery store and laundrymat

Last edited:
Definitely Christmas although I love the liturgies of Holy Week and Easter.
2020 will kinda seem like the year without an Easter. 😢

No I love Easter and Christmas in our church. We are still having Easter! Yes, it will be different but I take comfort in thinking there is a reason for season of Lent for giving up something or focusing on something more within the faith and this a time for both and I think Easter can help be a rebirth and celebration of understanding and being more with the message from Easter. Our priests have been doing a great job trying to get the message across by other mediums.

Not a huge fan of holidays in general but I love when my mom has her big 4th of July party!! We travel across the country to attend and it is so much fun!

Dinner is predictably: leftover lasagna. It was really good, but I decided I don’t like lasagna enough to eat a lot of lasagna leftovers. Must be why I haven’t made it in at least 7 years!!! We will eat it all though, not wasting food in this house.

I am not big on holidays anymore.

I used to love the holidays. Big meals for everyone at Thanksgiving; massive decorating, baking, and shopping for Christmas; egg coloring and hunts at Easter; Halloween and dressing up and handing out candy; 4th of July picnics and fireworks; even New Years Eve with staying up all night.

But now, there's really only DH and I to cook for at Tday (DS doesn't like anything but mashed potatoes and rolls on a regular turkey day menu), so not worth cooking. I am tired of hauling all the decor out at Christmas and then putting it back (all by myself); the baking is ok, but for presents, I ship to the grandkids and my DDs, and DS only wants $$$ nowadays, so what fun is wrapping that? DS is too old for Easter and Halloween kid fun; it's just too hot here in FL for 4th of July outdoor fun; and NYE is just another day becoming another day...it's no fun to celebrate it alone (which is what I would end up doing).

I struggled for a long time about the holidays especially "present" holidays or holidays that are more centric around children after realizing we would not be having children. In the end, screw it. This is my only life and I'm going to enjoy the holidays. I sometimes go all out decorating and sometimes just put up small things. I put out things that give me comfort and remind me of where I've seen and what we have done over the years, which makes me smile.

In case you have a Cracker Barrel around you, they do an outstanding take out meal for the holidays too. If it's the smaller meal, you drive up and it's all cooked and put in the car for you. I did this past Thanksgiving when in AR with my mom in the nursing home. I ordered a couple of the small meals(one for us and one for the nurses) and it was great! No stress no fuss no muss and easily clean up.

I hope you can find some joy again. Find it for you not because of others. You deserve it too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!