Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

We don't have a Home Depot here, but we have a Lowe's. The Governor said not to go out to buy gardening supplies, apparently those aren't essential items, so I guess flowers fall into that category. :(

I guess, but then again, they are at a hardware store :)

Just back from senior hour at Walmart......got DD some sugar she couldn't get at hers yesterday, but no flour for me :(
Taking my car into the shop today.....just leaving it and hope what ever is minor.

Happy Tuesday. Is anyone else like us and constantly asking what day is it or this morning trying to determine how long we have been home?
I finally put up a calendar and marked when it started and now marking the days off. It's very much like our time during deployments. You just put your head down and do it every day until we are told otherwise.

Matt mowed the yard today for the first day in the season. I laughed because I'm sure the neighbors were cursing at him starting up the mowing season. Now I hear several more mowers going in the area. I worked on getting some spring decorations out in the house. I'm going to have spring, damnit! I put out my Easter wreath on the door and pretty spring flowers and pillows and such around the house. This weekend supposed to be nice and our neighborhood is doing "virtual" egg hunt with colored eggs stuck up in windows or mailboxes or anywhere else. I was seriously thinking about putting out some playdough or fun things on a table but I guess that's not exactly safe right now. *Sigh..

A good friend called me last night and reminded me that life isn't stopping with all that is going on. Her sister is in need of emergency surgery for ovarian cancer. They are trying to find a remote hospital with no or few cases because they need to do surgery ahead of the wave that could be coming. Just a reminder that we are blessed to be safe inside not stuck inside and to keep praying for others that are hurting much worse than I am.

My MIL is on my super last nerve and that is all I will say about it. She won't listen and will do as she pleases and whatever...

My gratitude today:

1. Great friends that love me for me
2. Good music to help soothe the soul
3. A good lawnmower. We bought after my husband broke the other last summer. He is pretty but not so much handy. I'm glad it still working!

Good health to all..and onto question of the day...

Question of the day 3/31: Whatcha reading or what is a favorite book you have read?

We are readers in our house. We are slowly and I mean slowly turning to digital books. We have several book cases full of this, that and the other. My husband has every book David Baldacci has put out and is also big fan of Edgar Allen Poe and lots Sci Fi. I prefer mysteries, romance and just good told story. I like Fannie Flagg, Doretha Benton Frank and Janet Evanovich for just fun read. I'm reading a mystery by her now and it's hard to wade through and I have break up issues and haven't gave up on it yet.

So what's everyone else reading or something they enjoyed reading?

A good friend called me last night and reminded me that life isn't stopping with all that is going on. Her sister is in need of emergency surgery for ovarian cancer. They are trying to find a remote hospital with no or few cases because they need to do surgery ahead of the wave that could be coming. Just a reminder that we are blessed to be safe inside not stuck inside and to keep praying for others that are hurting much worse than I am.
This is my DD. She is pregnant and due mid_May. Most likely a repeat c-section. So much uncertainty.

Question of the day 3/31: Whatcha reading or what is a favorite book you have read?
A question I can easily get into.
Currently reading A Man Called Ove. I had heard mixed reviews but I really like it.

I favorite that I read recently is The Hope Chest by Viola Shipman.

Happy Tuesday. Is anyone else like us and constantly asking what day is it or this morning trying to determine how long we have been home?
I finally put up a calendar and marked when it started and now marking the days off. It's very much like our time during deployments. You just put your head down and do it every day until we are told otherwise.

Not me, but my husband. He is working from home. Trying to do schedules for the workers at the houses for next week, and he keeps thinking that today is Friday, um , hope, it's only Tuesday!

Matt mowed the yard today for the first day in the season. I laughed because I'm sure the neighbors were cursing at him starting up the mowing season. Now I hear several more mowers going in the area. I worked on getting some spring decorations out in the house. I'm going to have spring, damnit! I put out my Easter wreath on the door and pretty spring flowers and pillows and such around the house. This weekend supposed to be nice and our neighborhood is doing "virtual" egg hunt with colored eggs stuck up in windows or mailboxes or anywhere else. I was seriously thinking about putting out some playdough or fun things on a table but I guess that's not exactly safe right now. *Sigh..
Just celebrate any way you can Tina. I have my Easter decorations up also. I think the virtual egg hunt with the eggs in windows, mailboxes is a great idea. Matt and I are in the same boat. I mowed my lawn yesterday, and after I did, all I heard was mowers going all over the neighborhood. They are probably cursing me out too. I don't ever remember having to mow the lawn before the first or second week of April before. But this was a weird weather season. We had no snowstorms, barely any measurable snow, and we have had 75 and 80 degree days, in March! Now that I mowed, I know it will have to be done 2x a week for awhile, until it slows down in it's growing!

:( Will say prayers for your friends Sister, and your friend, that they find a safe hospital to do her surgery in. God will watch over her.

My MIL is on my super last nerve and that is all I will say about it. She won't listen and will do as she pleases and whatever...

LOL Been there and done that. My mother in law passed away several years ago, and she was one to only do what she wanted when she wanted, so I feel your pain on that one

My gratitude today:

3. A good lawnmower. We bought after my husband broke the other last summer. He is pretty but not so much handy. I'm glad it still working!

Mine is a few years old, but I changed the oil, sparkplug, and air filter Sunday, put gas in and it started up on the first try, hopefully it will last through the season

My gratitude today:

DH keeps looking out the window and talking about how any day he's going to have to get out there and mow the lawn, a chore he really dislikes and ironically seems eager to start for some reason. We're in Michigan and this would be very early. I told him the neighbors would come after him with torches and pitchforks if he tried to make that a thing already. Not to mention that over the weekend we had a deluge and actually had standing water in our backyard for quite sometime so the ground is just too squishy here for mowing just yet.

Not a big reader here. Every now and then I will pull up the kindle on my tablet and read a 'romance' novel, but it's just not my thing anymore. When I was young I read anything I could get my hands on. Life then got in the way and reading kind of got pushed back. Maybe now is a good time to start again. "The Hope Chest' sounds interesting..off to look it up!

We are readers in our house. We are slowly and I mean slowly turning to digital books. We have several book cases full of this, that and the other. My husband has every book David Baldacci has put out and is also big fan of Edgar Allen Poe and lots Sci Fi. I prefer mysteries, romance and just good told story. I like Fannie Flagg, Doretha Benton Frank and Janet Evanovich for just fun read. I'm reading a mystery by her now and it's hard to wade through and I have break up issues and haven't gave up on it yet.

Haven't gotten in as much reading lately as I would have liked.
Been doing lots of big chores.....shampooed rugs today.
I hope to start a book today....19th Christmas by James Patterson
I am a mystery lover!!

Yard people came today. It is supposed to be 84 today, but still feels chilly.
I have my Easter decorations up

3/31 Answer:
I love reading, and just finished The Midwife, by Jennifer Worth (which the series “Call the Midwife” is based on). I really liked it, and finished just in time for the new season to start!

My all-time favorite is probably the Harry Potter series. I've re-read them along the way, but there was nothing like devouring them that first time around!

I have a new book, Radium Girls, waiting to be cracked! I prefer physical books over Kindle or Audio books....with that being said I spend a fair bit of time in the tractor and so I do listen to books then. Currently listing to Mobituaries by Mo Rocca, and just finished The Courtiers by Lucy Worsley about the Georgian Court.

I only know what day it is by what's on TV every night. Once the regular programs are done for the season, it will probably all run together. I know when it's the weekend because DH will be home (essential worker, still going in M-F).

We're up in the air about our lawn. Our mower needs to be serviced first, but of course that won't be happening anytime soon. I'm sure DH can change the oil and the blades, but he doesn't know how to give it a tune-up and sharpen the blades. I'm also wondering if our landscaping service (not mowing, but fertilizing and seeding) will be out soon. They're not really "essential," but they are a solitary job at least... :confused3

I have Easter eggs in my windows! When DS's school closed and I was looking for things to do with him, I got the notion to do drawings on tissue paper to hang in the window, kind of like suncatchers. We did flowers, eggs, and rainbows. I don't know if they can be seen from the street, but they're there.

So...

My favorite book is Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. Love the sci-fi and 80s nostalgia throughout. I liked the movie, too, but I found it almost completely different from the book, so I feel I can't compare the 2.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Neil Gaiman! My favorite book by him is Neverwhere. Every time I read one of his stories, I hear it in his beautiful voice. I once commented on one of his posts on FB - about how I wished that I knew him in person, because his son is only a month younger than mine - and he actually liked and responded to it! Close to my birthday in 2017, he came to the Bushnell in Hartford, CT and spoke live. I got in trouble for recording when he came out and first said Hello (but nobody else did???). It was scheduled for 90 minutes and went almost 3 hours, no joke. He is scheduled to come back around Mother's Day, and I ordered tickets, but the way this is going, it may be cancelled :sad1:

I also love Edgar Allan Poe, the Harry Potter series, and the Discovery of Witches series by Deborah Harkness. I am currently reading The High Tide Club by Mary Kay Andrews, the last of my library books. I need to figure out Hoopla and/or Overdrive on my Fire, as I can borrow library books that way.

I've fallen behind! My apologies!

30th: Fave holiday is Halloween by a mile! We're THAT house here, the one that hands out full candy bars and gets all dressed up. My relatives in Xenia don't get trick or treaters so they all come to my house to hand out candy with us. Imagine seven people all handing out candy on one lawn, decor everywhere, and a speaker blasting halloween tunes. That's us. 🎃

31st: I have been crawling through The Hunchback of Notre Dame for a while. It's really good! Just very long. 😃 There are older books I can't do because the ye' olde speak but this one is surprisingly easy to read.

Love the Neil Gaiman recommendation - you had me at "favorite book is "Ready Player One'". Will definitely check that out.

Not looking to get threads locked (mods, please DON'T!), but you might want to check out the "Reading Challenge" thread. Lots of good content in there.

There are indeed some days or parts of days that feel timeless right now, very odd feeling! I was so thankful to get needed food at Pavilions this morning and do laundry as well. It is a Blessing to get out and be able to purchase needed items no question. It's also an uncomfortable feeling being out....I'd rather be home.

Three positives for today:

Being able to as I said get needed outside errands done and to be home safely now!
Kind email from the Associate Pastor at my church who is dear to me.
To make all you ladies smile, I am so grateful my time of month is over for this cycle!

I also enjoy reading various books from favorite children's series such as Baby-sitters Club and Boxcar Children to Love Inspired line of Romances. I also love reading collections of short stories of God's Grace in someone's life and other acts of kindness type stories.

This is my DD. She is pregnant and due mid_May. Most likely a repeat c-section. So much uncertainty.

A question I can easily get into.
Currently reading A Man Called Ove. I had heard mixed reviews but I really like it.

I favorite that I read recently is The Hope Chest by Viola Shipman.

I really liked a Man Called Ove. The author wrote another book called Bear Town that my book club is supposed to read this summer (if book club comes back).

I am currently reading: The Library of the Unwritten, it isn't bad but I am really having difficulties getting into it.

I like the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. They’re fun and zero percent serious. Just about my speed for right now.

Sometimes a fun/zero serious book hits the spot, doesn't it? For me I enjoy the odd Clive Cussler book, yeah they all seem to follow a formula but they are a good way to spend a few hours when you need a break from reading something heavy.

Last month I read a book called 999 - about the first group of girls sent to concentration camps....it was so MUCH that at times I had to put it down, but really eye opening and informative and just good to read and have the knowledge of what went on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!