quest for the West questions

pipch

Earning My Ears
In order to ensure we arrive at Jackson Hole on time and to aclimatise ourselves we are arriving in Jackson Hole on Saturday.

We will therefore have until 4pm on Sunday free. Are there any suggestions. As we have a whole day and only part day on Monday - it makes sence to wonder around the town on Monday, which leaves the whole day Sunday.

Any ideas for that day?

Also could someone please confirm the climate in July - all the photos in the itinerary and in fact most trip reports (ie: passporter.com) show everyone in long pants and jackets. We thought day time temps would be shorts weather. Having experienced cooler climes than expected in Costa Rica last year we just want to make sure we take enough long pants.

Finally my barely 6 year old son does not really want to do the white water rafting. In costa rica there was an alternative activity - this is not mentioned in the program does anyone know if there is anything available?

Look forward to hearing from you.

We are doing Quest in July as well. We have a hot air balloon ride booked. Also, we are planning on doing the Alpine Slide/putt-putt golf combination. These have been recommended to me by a cousin who lives in Jackson Hole. Hope it helps.

Ok, this is what I found on the weather for July:
Yes, it can sometime be hot in Jackson Hole. In the last several years, we've had dozens of days in July and August where the temperature has reached the upper 80s and lower 90s. Other years, 1993 for instance, we might only get one day over 80 degrees all summer!

Evenings can be chilly, dropping down into the 50s or colder, especially in June through September. Afternoon thundershowers can be intense as they travel quickly across the valley. But more true to course are bluebird sunny days sandwiched by cool mornings and evenings.

We live in the deep south--calling the upper 80's hot made me laugh. That's downright cool in Louisiana! I'm thinking pants, short sleeves, and jackets for the evening.

We went on Quest last June. We arrived a day early and did the Alpine slide/putt putt golf. There are amazing tours through Teton school of science, but they are all sunrise/sunset tours which didn't work for our schedule. We also saw the play at the stage theater right next to the hotel. We actually fit this in during our time with the tour group. We went in late June and the evenings were quit cool. Last year there was still snow on the ground at Brooks lake lodge. The days were fine for shorts but the one pair of jeans I brought "just in case" were a little overused. Enjoy your trip!

Sorry forgot about the white water rafting. When we went the snow melt was just starting so the usual class III rapids became a rough classIV. Because of this absolutely no one under 10 could go, and you had to be 12 to hold a paddle. Since this was a change in the trip, the company provided an additional float trip which everyone left out could ride. The rafting trip left and returned to the hotel, so if you did not want to go you could stay back and hang out around town.

Thanks Guys
I have now looked at the alpine slide and golf and that looks a great way to spend a leisurely day with a 6 year old. I think that would really work for us.

I rang disney about the white water rafting and they said there was no alternative? I guess there is no harm in asking the guides once the trip starts is there? - Do you remember how long that part of the excursion was if we do have to occupy ourselves?

Thanks too for the weather advise - we are also travelling to the U.K as part of our 5 week trip so I will have a couple of jackets anyway for that unpredictable weather, so I think I should be covered.

Thanks very much for the advise it really helps

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter