Question about dining before park openings

Yes. Everyone is let into the Main Street/hub area, and the pre-opening show is from the castle, instead of outside the gates like it used to be.

Thanks - that's a big change from when we were last there. Does this happen at any of the other parks now?

Thanks - that's a big change from when we were last there. Does this happen at any of the other parks now?

They started doing this a year or so ago.

MK is the only park doing this as of now...the others still hold people at the gate.

MK is the only park doing this as of now...the others still hold people at the gate.

Definitely good information to have.

So, if the crowds are held at the hub until 9 am, it seems that breakfast at CRT and BoG would still put you in an advantageous position if your goal is to beat the crowds to Fantasyland (although not as advantageous as before) while CP could actually put you behind the crowds. Am I thinking about this properly?

Definitely good information to have.

So, if the crowds are held at the hub until 9 am, it seems that breakfast at CRT and BoG would still put you in an advantageous position if your goal is to beat the crowds to Fantasyland (although not as advantageous as before) while CP could actually put you behind the crowds. Am I thinking about this properly?

You got it...but not nearly so much CRT as BoG.

At Soarin' they'll usually hold you off till 8:40am. Then they will let in and there's usually only one theater open, which is enough for everyone who's leaving breakfast at Garden Grill. Last time we're able to get two rides in and get in line a VERY short line for a third before the masses started to arrive.

Thanks again, everyone. I’m pretty sure I understand it all now. I would really enjoy the opportunity to eat at the Crystal Palace just for the chance to get Main Street and castle pictures without the throngs of people.
Except be aware that MK is the park the is most likely to change hours on you. That breakfast time you think is before park opening is possibly going to turn in a breakfast AT parking opening, there by ruining all chance of a photo without throngs of people. So, if that is the main goal, don't plan it at MK. If you want CP no matter what and photos are just a bonus, then book it. But realize that you may loose an hour of low waits eating

Correction:

AK is now letting people in to queue for Pandora well before park open. This is fairly recent, but it makes sense given the distance from Main Gate to Pandora and the rush from that area.

In general, though, TH wouldn't provide Pandora advantage even if this were NOT the case.

Except be aware that MK is the park the is most likely to change hours on you. That breakfast time you think is before park opening is possibly going to turn in a breakfast AT parking opening, there by ruining all chance of a photo without throngs of people. So, if that is the main goal, don't plan it at MK. If you want CP no matter what and photos are just a bonus, then book it. But realize that you may loose an hour of low waits eating

Good point. After the reminder that Main Street opens for everyone early, I really see no point in eating at the CP. I don’t want to add the stress of trying to get their super early to be one of the first to get in so we can get those unobstructed pictures of Main Street and the Castle. The worry about getting there early enough would go against how hard I try to be laid back about our visit to the parks. We go with a plan, but try to go stress free, and this would add stress. For me. So I doubt I’ll do it. Garden Grill at Epcot May be worth it to ride Soar’n early, but I’ll keep my ears open and decide as I continue to learn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter