Question about Livorno cruise port - getting to city center

fredandkell

I'd rather be cruising
I saw this on a tour operator's site: "Upon disembarking your ship, take one of the Livorno Porto2000 shuttle bus services from your cruise ship to Via Cogorano in Livorno city center. It's an approximate 15-minute journey. The shuttle may be free or cost €5 (round-trip ticket), depending on the arrival time of your ship. Tickets must be purchased from PortoLivorno2000 at the port shuttle bus stop."

I was wondering - is this shuttle free for Disney Cruise guests or do we have to pay the 5 euros? If paid, how long were the lines to buy tix?

If it's like when I was on RCCL, the shuttle is operated by the port and NOT DCL, I would plan on having to buy the tickets, and then it's just a bonus if you don't. (I did a ship-based excursion on RCCL, so I didn't have to deal with that).

BUT Livorno is an industrial port and you are not allowed just to walk, so you have to do one of 3 things if you're not staying on the ship: take the shuttle available, do a ship-based tour, or do a private tour. It - like a few of the Med ports - is simply not safe for people to wander through.

I can't recall ever being on a disney sailing in which a complimentary shuttle was not provided in the instances of the ship docking in an industrial area that wasn't walkable to town center. I'm not saying it's not a possibility, just that one of the "included services" i've experienced is Disney contracting with some sort of shuttle bus in ports if walking isn't practical. Even when we docked in Boston on the 2016 EBTA, there was a shuttle provided between the ship and the Government Center T Stop, even though there's a Silver Line T Stop right by the cruise terminal. I know we had one in Dublin on that cruise as well.
I will, however, note that if you have a tendency to avoid the main shows or tune out the cruise director announcements, the shuttles aren't always well publicized.
Sometimes the Port Shopping Maps mention if there's a complimentary shuttle and where dropoff may be. The shopping guides usually mention it in the shopping talks, as well. Here's an example from one provided to disneycruiselineblog: http://disneycruiselineblog.com/wp-...pping-Guide-Map-Portland-England-May-2017.pdf

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!