Question about "Princess" tea?! Help!

littleprincessmom

Mouseketeer
My apologies in advance because I know this topic has been covered before, but does anyone know anything about the princess tea at the GF? What is the cost, appropriate ages, what's included, who the princess is, etc.

We've just decided to take my DD 4 back to WDW (went in May) for her 5th birthday and thought that might be a neat thing to try but now I can't seem to find any threads on it. I also have a DD 2 who will be with us so I did not know if there is a minimum age limit.

Any help (or other birthday restaurant suggestions) will be GREATLY appreciated!!!!

Thanks, everyone.:)

The Princess Tea Party information can be found on my website's home page for a couple of more days (use link below). There's also a Wonderland Tea Party you might be interested in.

Here's a link: Wonderland Tea Party at GF

I remember the thread you are talking about. I know someone one there had a great review of it so hopefully they will see your post. Also there use to be a tea party with Mary Poppins I think at the GF that is less expensive if they are still having it.
Here's what I found out:

Put on your tiara and be a part of this fun- and fantasy-filled tea party for you and your little princess - hosted by Rose Petal, an enchanted rose who delights in storytelling and sing-a-longs. Girls are encouraged to attend dressed up in their favorite Princess attire and receive the royal treatment as they sip tea and enjoy a special visit from Princess Aurora.

Young princesses also:
Receive a special My Disney Girl collectible doll dressed in a matching Princess Aurora gown plus accessories.
Take home their own ribbon tiara, silver Princess link bracelet, fresh rose, special princess scrapbook page and a "Best Friend" certificate.
Menu Items:

The adult menu includes Garden View specialty teas and a luncheon plate that consists of:
Egg salad sandwiches
Salmon salad sandwiches
Chicken-Almond salad
Shrimp tart
Blue Cheese Barquette
Smoked Cheddar cheese
Sage Derby Cheese
Lavosh (flat bread)
Grapes
A slice of princess cake
The kids menu consists of:
Peanut Butter & Jelly Hearts
Grapes
Apple Juice
A slice of princess cake

Cost:
One adult and one child (ages 3-11): $200 (plus tax, including gratuity)

One additional adult: $65 (plus tax)

One additional child: $135 (plus tax)
Location: Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Garden View Tea Lounge
Dates: Thursdays - Mondays
Time: 10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.

sorry I'm losing it today. Mary Poppins is at breakfast the other tea is the wonderland tea. Sorry for confusing you.

Thank you both so much for the info. It is EXACTLY what I was looking for (and that WAS the thread!)

I (and my DD 5 who will be so excited) truly appreciate it!:D

God bless!

here is a link to some photos from when my DW and DD went last year to the trial run of the party so you can see what goes on.

Alec

Thanks, Alec.:D The pics were great and your princesses were beautiful! Thanks for sharing...

One more question (for Alec or anyone), I also have a DD who will be barely 3 on the trip but who loves the princesses. Do you think she would enjoy the tea too? I have mixed feelings because it is NOT CHEAP:) but I know she'll be jealous when big sister (birthday girl) comes home with all the goodies. Did you see little ones and were they enjoying it?

Thanks!!!princess:

DW thinks 3 may be a little too young to fully appreciate and join in this experience for what it costs. I took our DD2 (33months at the time) into MK and bought her a present while DW and DD1 did the party, but at the end of the day it's your call.

Alec

I think it depends on your daughter. My niece was three when we first took her to Cindy's castle for the breakfast. SHe loved every moment of it. She talked the princesses ears off. It was so funny. Now my nephew at age three actually screamed and cried at all the characters. He didn't like them at all. I think you should judge by your child. If you don't want to take her you could definitly have the person looking after her take her somewhere special and get her a special treat too.

Does anyone know what time of the year they did this last year. We will be there in October and would love to take DD.

I just spoke to Disney Dining. They said that they are only booking the "My Disney Girl" tea (the "Princess Aurora" tea at GF) through Oct. 2, 2004, since it is still being run on a trial basis.::(

BUT...the CM told me to keep calling back because they may extend it as it has been very popular.:) She said that her DD attended this summer and LOVED it.:)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and will keep calling! I'll post if I'm able to get a date past the 2nd and would appreciate any updates anyone else hears. I'm trying for the second weekend in Nov.

Thanks!

laura:wave:

Thanks for posting the update. I'm looking to attend on October 25th. My DD really wants to do this so I'm hoping they extend also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter