Question about Shula's

TammiMcMan

Ohana
DH and I (well, me mostly) are planning our January anniversary trip. We're both big football fans and our vacation falls on wildcard weekend. I was thinking of planning our anniversary dinner at Shula's for Sunday night. Does anyone know if they have a lounge with a big screen tv and if so, do they serve dinner in there? I know watching football at an anniversary dinner doesn't sound super romantic, but we'll have been married for 20 years and why not celebrate while doing something that we both enjoy. Besides, we're taking this trip alone, so I'm sure they'll be plenty of time for romance ;)

You know, I'm not sure. I don't think there is TV in the lounge. For the number of times I've been there I remember seeing one but I think it was in the waiting area to the left of the reception desk as you walk in. My suggestion is to have a good time watching games, go to ESPN.

Thanks for the reply Mitch. I think there will be both an AFC and NFC game on that Sunday, so I figured maybe we could snack at the ESPN club for the first game and then hit dinner at Shula's during the second game. I know that the restaurant has Miami Dolphin memorabilia, so I just kind of figured that they would have a tv in their lounge.

Considering it's an anniversary dinner, it won't be too bad if it ends up being just the two of us at a romantic table ;)

Tammi,

As much as I love Shula's it is as romantic as the Hilltop. NOT!!!! Also if you want to compare the portions to the Hilltop's when was growing up they pale in comparison. It is truely on place I try not to eat before going.

The restaurant is loud and the wood is dark but the steak is the best I've had bar none.

Love the comparison to the Hilltop. That definitely puts it into perspective for me. I'll tell DH and we'll probably plan the romantic dinner for another night and stick with Shula's for the great steak. I think we are planning on 6pm Cirque Du Soleil for our last night there, maybe I'll just book Shula's for dinner after the show. Then we'll make sure not to eat too much that day. I've seen some other reviews that suggest splitting the vegetable side dishes and salads because the portions are so very big. Do you suggest we skip any appetizers and what about saving room for dessert?

Keep in mind that I don't believe that they do Cirque de Soleil on Sundays. At least, dont' think they do. That was my original plan too for our last night.

Chris

Regarding spliting the appetizers and sides- DO IT! This is what my husband and I got, and I don't remember being so full in a long, LONG time!

Split a Caesar Salad (it was still quite big!)
DH had shrimp as an appetizer (I'm not a fan)
We each had a side- him creamed spinach, me potato skins- we barely ate half
Me- Filet mignon, him Kansas City Strip...we each ate about 2/3's.
Plus you get bread to start...

I was so full, I couldn't even think about dessert. About 2 hours later, while shopping at DtD, DH got a big cookie. I couls only manage a bite, I was still very full!!!

Everything was very good! I have heard their souffle is awesome-I would definitely skip any appetizers and just share 1 side if you want to go for the dessert.

Tammi,

DW and I split everything up to the point of the steak. I saw the mozzerella and beefsteak salad it you could have gone skiing on it. The portions aren't big the are HUGE!!!!! The only thing I miss from the Hilltop is the drinks when you waited to have your number called!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter