Question about upgrading to an Annual Pass

AMVdisney

Earning My Ears
Hi there!

At the beginning of September my boyfriend and I will be taking a ten day trip down to WDW and I’m incredibly excited! It’s his first trip, and my bazillionth, so I’m looking forward to making it extra special. We discussed it a bit, and we decided that upgrading to APs is a good option for us, which is a process I am familiar with.

My question lies in the fact that we are traveling on the "magical deal" for Labor day and thus the tickets we have are technically convention tickets. Is it possible to upgrade convention tickets to an AP?

If not, we will likely not purchase new APs while down there, and wait until we plan on being back in the winter. However, I'd love to be able to in order to have the balance of the ones I already have credited towards the AP, and also to have the benefits of it while we're down there for 10 days.

Thank you all in advance for your help!! :thanks:

Hi there!

At the beginning of September my boyfriend and I will be taking a ten day trip down to WDW and I’m incredibly excited! It’s his first trip, and my bazillionth, so I’m looking forward to making it extra special. We discussed it a bit, and we decided that upgrading to APs is a good option for us, which is a process I am familiar with.

My question lies in the fact that we are traveling on the "magical deal" for Labor day and thus the tickets we have are technically convention tickets. Is it possible to upgrade convention tickets to an AP?

If not, we will likely not purchase new APs while down there, and wait until we plan on being back in the winter. However, I'd love to be able to in order to have the balance of the ones I already have credited towards the AP, and also to have the benefits of it while we're down there for 10 days.

Thank you all in advance for your help!! :thanks:
Here is the info on upgrading Convention Tickets:
Convention tickets
These are only available to people who are attending conventions held on WDW.
Normally purchase is via a web link provided by Disney through the convention's web site for pre-purchase,
or sometimes at the convention itself.
Which version(s) of the Convention Tickets are available for which convention(s) can vary.
Verification of convention attendance may be required.

One Day-After 1PM - Convention ticket allows admission to one park after 1pm, one day.
These tickets may not be upgraded.

One Day-After 5PM - "Twilight Park" Convention ticket allows admission to one park after 5pm, one day.

Multi-day MYW Convention Ticket is about a 10% savings from the regular MYW prices and includes one Water Park or "Fun" option visit.

All About TICKETS & Upgrades

Here is the info on upgrading Convention Tickets:
Convention tickets
These are only available to people who are attending conventions held on WDW.
Normally purchase is via a web link provided by Disney through the convention's web site for pre-purchase,
or sometimes at the convention itself.
Which version(s) of the Convention Tickets are available for which convention(s) can vary.
Verification of convention attendance may be required.

One Day-After 1PM - Convention ticket allows admission to one park after 1pm, one day.

One Day-After 5PM - "Twilight Park" Convention ticket allows admission to one park after 5pm, one day.

Multi-day MYW Convention Ticket is about a 10% savings from the regular MYW prices and includes one Water Park or "Fun" option visit.

All About TICKETS & Upgrades

Thanks! The tickets that we have are the last option, the Multi-Day MYW tickets. I noticed it does not explicitly say, as the other two options do, that they cannot be upgraded. To clarify, does that mean that the inverse is true and that I can upgrade them?

Thank you!!

Thanks! The tickets that we have are the last option, the Multi-Day MYW tickets. I noticed it does not explicitly say, as the other two options do, that they cannot be upgraded. To clarify, does that mean that the inverse is true and that I can upgrade them?

Thank you!!
If you’d like to post your question in the Ticket info thread that’s linked at the bottom of my previous post, the OP of that thread will be able to give you a definitive answer. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter