??? Question Hoping Someone Could Help

dislovr

Mouseketeer
Any DVCers that have ever dealt with vacation packages I need to opinion...
I posted it somewhere else and had no responses

OK...I am hoping that someone here has experience with both vacation packages an DVC that can help me. I've only ever dealt with DVC so I am just trying to find a better deal.

Ok, obviously $$$ aren't out yet for 2008 yet but im just trying to see what someone thinks. My dbf and I are in the process of planning a vacation for May 2008 (13th-24th were shooting for). We are taking his parents and they have never been. He is covering the cost for all of us for the trip and I have done the math and it comes out to approximately $4700 which includeds, airfare (2), DDP, room (DVC studio), park tickets. I was curious if it would be cheaper if we did it as a vacation package??? Sorry im clueless when it comes to vacation packages.

I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you trying to price a vacation package from CRO or a travel agent at a DVC resort, or are you booking a DVC stay on points, and asking how to get the other things like park tickets and dining?

I'm not sure what you're asking either. You mention a studio. Are you considering 1 studio for all 4 of you? If I was traveling with a boyfriend and his parents, I think I'd go for 2 studios for some privacy.

Cyn

Okay, maybe THAT'S what you are asking!! Are you staying DVC on your points and trying to find a package deal for the parents??

I depends...if the "free dining" is in effect, then a studio stay and a value resort stay would be about equal, IMO.

Remember that under normal circumstances the DVC version of DDP and the Disney "package" DDP are the same price, as are the park tickets...so the only actual cost to compare would be a resort room at rack rate to a DVC room on points. Comparing a studio to moderate or deluxe resort, DVC will win. The possible exception may be a "Non-Disney" package, like through Delta or American Airlines, where they may give you a pre-packaged price with the airfare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter