Question on modifying ADRs

Elle :)

DIS Veteran
I'm planning our Disney trip for 8 people. I have several ADR's already booked for all 8 people (and a couple meals for 6 people) but now some of them don't want to go.

Ex: I have BOG booked for 6 on 5/08/18.

If only 3 people want to go now, what can I do? I assume that I can't just have 3 people not show up or I'll be charged the $10pp "no show" fee. I tried modifying in MDE but it doesn't let me reduce the group number.
Any ideas?

Thank you so much. I was having a mini heart attack trying to imagine getting new reservations.

Disney's policy is as long as 1 person shows up, your reservation is confirmed and you will not be charged the $10 fee.

While not necessary, if you really wanted to you can always go in to MDE, click on the Change Reservation link for the ADR and modify the number of guests. The existing ADR time will come up (as will any additional times available)
You can then complete the check out process and officially reduce the number of guests. That could, in some cases, allow them to free up an entire table.

I'm planning our Disney trip for 8 people. I have several ADR's already booked for all 8 people (and a couple meals for 6 people) but now some of them don't want to go.

Ex: I have BOG booked for 6 on 5/08/18.

If only 3 people want to go now, what can I do? I assume that I can't just have 3 people not show up or I'll be charged the $10pp "no show" fee. I tried modifying in MDE but it doesn't let me reduce the group number.
Any ideas?
It always does on my ADR, but I haven't tried BOG. Try on the others

While not necessary, if you really wanted to you can always go in to MDE, click on the Change Reservation link for the ADR and modify the number of guests. The existing ADR time will come up (as will any additional times available)
You can then complete the check out process and officially reduce the number of guests. That could, in some cases, allow them to free up an entire table.

Thank you. I was able to modify a couple of the easier reservations but not the tough ones like BOG. I just assumed it would let you reduce it without having to check for a new reservation, which is not how it worked for me.

Thank you. I was able to modify a couple of the easier reservations but not the tough ones like BOG. I just assumed it would let you reduce it without having to check for a new reservation, which is not how it worked for me.
No, it must be something odd about BOG. I have other hard to get ADR, that are otherwise sold out, and I can modify them without problem. The only time that comes up is the time I have and I can't increase guests but I can reduce them. So it doesn't need a new reservation, it just changes my existing one

I was just coming to ask the same question! Love the search feature and the knowledge of all the Disney experts

No, it must be something odd about BOG. I have other hard to get ADR, that are otherwise sold out, and I can modify them without problem. The only time that comes up is the time I have and I can't increase guests but I can reduce them. So it doesn't need a new reservation, it just changes my existing one

I can't get it to work for any of my reservations using MDE on my computer. My current reservation time does not show up as an option after I reduce the number in the party and hit "search". (50's Prime Time; BOG; and Sci-Fi Dine-In--going from 8 people down to 6--little over 3 weeks before trip).

I can't get it to work for any of my reservations using MDE on my computer. My current reservation time does not show up as an option after I reduce the number in the party and hit "search". (50's Prime Time; BOG; and Sci-Fi Dine-In--going from 8 people down to 6--little over 3 weeks before trip).

You can either leave it as it is, or if it is bothering you, just call. I wonder if a CM can make the change. I try to make changes if possible, but if I cannot I leave it be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter