• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Questions about a GAC?

debbiemomto4

Mouseketeer
My youngest had a wish granted by Make a Wish in 2002- just after finishing chemotherapy for cancer. He was granted a wish because he had a terminal disease that of course we still pray will stay away. We were given a GAC that did say- provide any assistance to this person to expediate his trip. It was given to us by Give Kids the World Village where we checked in first eventhough we didn't stay there. We had a great time after a horrible year and a wish come through because cancer has stayed away.
We are going back and I am considering getting a GAC because he still isn't 100% and we use the stroller more like a wheelchair. He also can't be in the sun long.He is also moderately deaf in one ear-do they have any assistance with this-amplifiers?
Thanks!

1998- Dixie Landings
1990- Honeymoon at CBR

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged
:smooth: :wave2: :wave2:

They have GAC's that allow you to use a stroller as a wheelchair and also to provide a "wait in a shaded area" that sound like exactly what you'd need. As for anything that amplifies sound, perhaps someone else can answer that one. I'm so glad to hear your youngest is doing well. ---Kathy

Glad to hear your DS is doing better.
you can go to Guest Services in any of the parks to request a GAC. Just bring your son and be ready to explain what his difficulties are (what you wrote here sounds fine). Like Kathy said, they can stamp a GAC with more than on message to better fit your son's needs.
They do have assistive listening devices available for many of the shows at the parks. Here's a link to the official Disney site FAQs about disabilities. The first question includes a link to the Guidebooks for Guest with Disabilities, where you can find info about services for people with hearing disabilities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter