Questions about Children's Menus

JCarangal

<font color=FF66FF>Tried to bribe the TF with choc
I was looking over the Children's menus at Dave's site (www.dcltribute.com) and had a few questions:

1. Is chocolate milk available or only white milk?

2. They serve the "Uncrustables" round peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in WDW. Is that what they serve on the ship?

3. What is the mac-and-cheese like? DS is picky and really only likes Kraft type mac-and-cheese; when we go to restaurants he sometimes gets disappointed if they bring him "fancy" mac-and-cheese. lol

4. Is it any trouble to get plain pasta without sauce or is it already pre-mixed?

5. What is the fruit cocktail like? Fresh or "canned"?

TIA!

I was ROTFLOL at #3! My DS 6 is a Mac and Cheese conisuer (sp?). To his credit, he has a nut allergy and has self-limited himself to safe foods. M&C is top on the list.

Its actually a creamy style M&C. If I think the noodles are curved (rather than straight like Kraft) and the sauce is very creamy. It reminds me of the M&C he has at Ruby Tuesday, so if you have one of those around, give it a try. As a comparison, the M&C at Applebees seems to be Kraft (see, we really are experts on the subject.

Have fun!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

DS tells me he had chocolate milk on the Magic.

My DS said he remembers very good chocolate milk at dinner last year on the Innaugural Western.

We shared a table with a couple and their rather picky 4 year old and she ate plain macaroni at more than one meal. The macaroni's were shaped like little Mickey head's. (like the pinwheel pasta)

The fruit served all over the ship is of the fresh variety. I don't ever remember anything tasting like canned.

Hope that helped. But remember, since you don't cruise for almost a year, your child's tastes may have changed 100% by then.

Terry, Pat & Ian

2003 5/17 Eastern
2002 Western Innaugural
2000 WDW Shades of Green
1982 WDW Off-site Honeymoon

Answers based on our 2/22/03 cruise:

1. Chocalte milk available. My 2 DS's had every night.

2.The PB&J sandwiches are crustless and round. I believe Kraft or someone makes them called Roundwiches. My DS8 had almost everynight for dinner as we let him pick. Beatta our head server called him her little peanut butter boy.

3.M&C is creamy and both DS's liked and said it was like at home(Kraft).

4.You can order plain. We did for the Mickey head shaped ravioli.

5.Fruit was fresh.

Have fun!
woody64

Thanks everyone!!

DD (3) eats like an adult (for example, at most chain restaurants - Applebees, OutBack, chilis, etc. she eats an adult order of ribs and cleans her plate!). DS (5) on the other hand is very picky and has been all of his short little life. I had to LOL at the thought that there are others out there who are as well-versed in mac-n-cheese cuisine as we are!

Glad to hear the pb&j sandwiches are the round kind -- DS loves them (but go figure, DD does not).

DS was excited as can be when he heard that there was chocolate pudding and/or mickey ice creams for dessert. Although he doesn't eat dinner, he is always ready for dessert (whereas DD doesn't like sweets - what a family, huh?)

And I am very, very relieved to hear that there is good chocolate milk on board - we are a whole family of choc. milk drinkers. I had already been thinking about whether or not I would need to bring chocolate milk mix with me. LOL

Again -- thanks for the info!

The mac and cheese is made by Stoffers. I asked last time. My girls didn't like it because it wasn't "real" m&c (they mean kraft dinner, they won't eat my homemade stuff either!) You can give the stoffers brand a try at home.

:rolleyes:

my dds ages 7 and 9 are also m&c connoseuirs(sp ?) Older dd swears she can taste the difference between the different shapes that it comes in. She wont eat certain characters because they taste different. All I can figure is that different shapes hold the cheese differently. :rolleyes:

I am glad to hear they have choc. milk. we go through gallons of the stuff a week. It is the only type of milk I will drink.

May I just say, that I thought we were the only family
who had a son who was picky with his macaroni and cheese
He is now 11 yr. old and still knows the difference between
his Kraft mac. & cheese and the 'other'. We were on the
Magic last year, and as fussy as he is, he did NOT starve at
all. Glad to know we can order plain macaronis, also.
Our son knew exactly how to get to the deck with pizza, that
serves all day long, and all night long. Great thing about
the Disney cruise, always have something kids will eat.
Makes our trip more enjoyable. Mac. & cheese rules!

I thought I had the only DS that would only eat Kraft Mac & Cheese. My mother-in-law makes a wonderful homemade Mac & Cheese and my son won't touch it. Also when we go to restaurants we now know to ask before we order to make sure it is Kraft. We had many dinners go uneating because it didn't taste right. So I now know to not have him order Mac & cheese on the cruise. Does anyone know if the kids can order off of the adult menu?:p

The children can order off the adult menu and the adults can order off the children's menu.

Gotta love that Disney!!!!!

Terry, Pat & Ian

2003 5/17 Eastern
2002 Western Innaugural
2000 WDW Shades of Green
1982 WDW Off site Honeymoon

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

My DD7 is one of those extremely picky eaters too! Only french fries for dinner. Thats it. Once in a while M&C.

I asked the same question about the M&C before we sailed in Feb. While at home she will only eat the Kraft powered m&C she did warm up to the stuff on the boat. It took her a day or two though. Glad to finally find out it was Stouffer's. My DH has been buying every type of M&C trying to figure out which on it was.

She came to like the chicken fingers at Pluto's. And the pizza. So now we have two more things to add to this list of acceptable items.....that brings us up to about 6!

My daughter only drinks "Black MilK"! The servers were great about it and always sent some with us for bedtime. You can also get it from room service too.
The mac & cheese was good and I am not sure she can go back to Kraft :)
The kids can also order more than one main course as Jillian had a hot dog and mac & cheese one night and a hot dog and a PB&J minus the PB -- it came on white toast, crust included.
She also got the fruit cup on the first night and decided all she wanted was the watermelon and grapes so the next night she just ordered grapes.
Noodle soup was good too with the Mickey shaped pasta.
The servers we also great as she fell asleep several times and they always sent food back to the room with us.
As usuall she would then wake up and want to go to the kids club--at 10:30 p.m.
I think the servers have big selection at their fingertips as I ordered Romain lettuce with ranch dressing on the side. Not everything is already prepared, we found out you just ask and you will receive.
Bunny

We were on the Wonder in February. My 15 year old nephew & 11 year old son ordered Pizza w/ fries at every meal followed by a Mickey Ice Cream bar. My 8 year old daughter got a little creative and had the chicken fingers.

Sorry, but couldn't help myself...........

White Milk - Milk

Black Milk - Chocolate

Pink Milk - Strawberry

Yellow Milk - Bananna

What should we call egg nog?

:rolleyes:

We were on the Magic in March. The sandwiches in the restaurants were Uncrustables. Room service was house made peanut butter and jelly. Our server always asked if we wanted to take some back to our room. The fruit was always fresh and we had no trouble getting just about anything. It was great (and wonderful) and talking about it makes me want to go again. Lisa

Hey Gigashadow.

What should we call egg nog?

Almond or ivory?

Hi BunnyMom.

The children can order off the adult menu

Yes, thank goodness. My DS9 enjoys his macaroni and cheese. Especially when it's right next to a Porterhouse Steak with the bone in or grilled Mahi Mahi (he acquired this taste while dining at our local Outback). lol. As the old cliche goes, be careful of what you wish for (regarding "improved" eating habits for the kids), because nutrition can be expensive...

I have no idea how Jillian ever came up with Black Milk.
We never called it that but since she got rid of the baby bottle at 1 1/2 she wouldn't drink white milk out of the sippy cup.
The dr. suggested adding a little chocolate to get her to drink it. Well we go through about a gallon of milk in 2 - 3 days. She only requires just a touch of Nestle quick for her to drink up her "Black Milk". It is hardly enough to call it black milk. The already mixed Chocolate Milk on the Ship was a real treat for her.
Bunny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter