questions about Disney Cruise Weddings!

soon2bmarr

Earning My Ears
I am looking for some advise. I am hoping to getting married on the 4 day Disney Cruise on 10.10.2010 and I am looking for some advise. I have looked over the paper work that my Coordinator has given me and I am wondering what the fee is for wedding parties over the size of ten. It says in the paper work that the price is for a party up to ten including the bride and groom however, the room holds up to 50 for the on board ceremony. Now is that fee in edition to the price for the extra cake and champagne? Or does it include that fee?

I also have a little issue because it says that the wedding usually takes place on the day that we are at Nassau and the main reason we chose the four day was because that would mean that we would get to go to Paradise Island and my Fiance has always wanted to see Atlantice. Do you think they would allow us to do the ceremony another date? I don't want to see him before the ceremony and that would mean that we would not be able to go to Atlanice together which is not really in the plans.

Also has anyone requested a party size of over 50? I come from a very large family and so does my Fiance and the cruise is the beginning part of our wedding week and not everyone in our families will come of course but Im probably thinking that we might have around 50. Just wondering what that procedure is.

I also was wondering if anyone has gotten any information on group discounts. I have called the cruise line several times and one person tells me there is a discount and the next tells me its only an on board credit. I would really just like a straight answer and if anyone has gotten a discount, how did you go about doing it and who did you have to talk to?

I also wanted to know how lenient they are about the location of the wedding on the ship. I am there to celebrate and I don't care if the whole ship is there watching when I walk down the isle are they usually strict about the Cadillace Lounge or the Aft Balcony? I know that they have special rooms on the ship that are for meetings and things of that nature would do you think they would be oppose to my family renting one of those?

Also just looking for advise. From what I have seen you need to do this this and then this and the wedding is pretty much a cookie cutter wedding. How have people expressed themselves as individuals with all the things they provide for your. I know you get a choice of three cakes and technically two bouquets and two locations on the ship. I was just wondering what people have done to make their special day their own.

Im sorry I might sound up tight and picky. I am really excited about this it is something we have dreamed about for the past few months and I cant wait to book it and for it to be here but want to make sure our special day is about us and what we want not about what we are being told we get. Thank you for all your help!

MEW:hug:

Welcome and congrats! pixiedust:

I might be able to help a bit. Secret deck 7 (aft deck) would not be an option for a party larger than 20 due to the limited space. You might consider the Castaway Cay location because of the size of your wedding party, and so that you and your hubby-to-be will be able to take full advantage of Atlantis.

It is certainly possible to receive a group discount; however we found that the onboard credit through Dreams Unlimited was better than the group discount on our sailing. This might just take a bit of research to find the best deal for your group.

HTH :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter