Questions about ECVs

MrsDude

Earning My Ears
We are planning a trip to WDW in October and my DMIL and DFIL may be joining us. My DMIL would need to rent an ECV. My questions are as follows:

1. What are the options for offsite rentals (rates, do they deliver to resorts, what to do if needs repair etc.)?

2. About how much does an ECV weigh, and would the rental ECV fit in standard car trunk (we may do some non-Disney stuff and would need to haul the unit)?

Thanks in advance for the info.

First of all, welcome to both DisBoards and the disABILTIES Forum.

If you click on the word "disABILTIES" near the top of the page that will take you to the Index. The fourth item down is the "disABILTIES FAQ" which has lots of information about ECVs; it saves us a lot of typing. It should be able to answer all of your questions.

Cheshire Figment said:
First of all, welcome to both DisBoards and the disABILTIES Forum.

If you click on the word "disABILTIES" near the top of the page that will take you to the Index. The fourth item down is the "disABILTIES FAQ" which has lots of information about ECVs; it saves us a lot of typing. It should be able to answer all of your questions.

How much, on average does an ECV weigh, and can it fit in a standard car trunk.?

I'm not sure of the total weight. However, the two battery packs are 24 pounds each. The rear wheel/motor assembly weighs 39 pounds. From the heft, I would say the front wheel/main assembly is about 30 and the seat probably 10. This would probably put the total weight between 125 and 130 pounds.

Sometimes on a tour, to speed things up, I have seen two men take mine and put it in the luggage compartment of the bus; this involves lifting it about a foot or so from the ground while it is assembled.

From Walker Mobility:

Overall Length: 40" or 43"
Overall Width: 22"
Weight of Heaviest Part (Rear Drive Unit): 38 lbs
Total Weight (less batteries): 95 lbs
Maximum Speed: 4.5 mph (forward) 2.7 mph (in reverse)
Ground Clearance (with 8" Rear Tires): 3.5"
Maximum weight of operator: 250lbs
Seat Height: Manual adjustment: 15",16",17", or 18"

It disassembles easily and quickly. I am 5'1" and weigh 111lbs and have not trouble loading or unloading it when it's disassembled. I had the same worries as you before the first time I rented.

I hope this helps :wave: .

LovePug said:
From Walker Mobility:

Overall Length: 40" or 43"
Overall Width: 22"
Weight of Heaviest Part (Rear Drive Unit): 38 lbs
Total Weight (less batteries): 95 lbs
Maximum Speed: 4.5 mph (forward) 2.7 mph (in reverse)
Ground Clearance (with 8" Rear Tires): 3.5"
Maximum weight of operator: 250lbs
Seat Height: Manual adjustment: 15",16",17", or 18"

It disassembles easily and quickly. I am 5'1" and weigh 111lbs and have not trouble loading or unloading it when it's disassembled. I had the same worries as you before the first time I rented.

I hope this helps :wave: .

Thank you so much, Love Pug! That was exactly the information I was looking for! ::MinnieMo :moped:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter