Questions about multiple contracts for first purchase

Staren

Mouseketeer
I am in the process of doing my research before buying into DVC. It’s pretty close to a sure thing at this point. Im currently debating going for CCV as my home resort or trying for VGF. I love both, but I’m leaning towards VGF as where I really want. Thing is I also kind of want to be a direct owner. I know. I know. Pure resale makes the most sense if that is the resort I want, but this is a gut check thing.

Here’s the question. If I buy the majority of my VGF points resale, but can manage to get a minimum number of recaptured points from Disney under the same UY, would I have one pool of points or would i have to do transfers to use the two sets of points together?

If it would not be too much of a pain to use the points once I buy, I’m considering doing the same thing if I decide to go CCV instead of buying all direct. Right now I’m looking at 125 points for my first purchase.

Here’s the question. If I buy the majority of my VGF points resale, but can manage to get a minimum number of recaptured points from Disney under the same UY, would I have one pool of points or would i have to do transfers to use the two sets of points together?

If on the same UY, you could use them together without a transfer. I would strongly recommend buying a resale first, as it will be far easier to match UY doing resale then direct than the other way around.

If it would not be too much of a pain to use the points once I buy, I’m considering doing the same thing if I decide to go CCV instead of buying all direct.

There is very limited selection of CCV resale, and most of them are stripped and overpriced. For CCV, you honestly are likely better off all direct.

Also be aware that if you go the route of VGF, buying resale and then going direct, know that you’ll likely face resistance from a guide around how “there’s nothing available presently” and how there is no wait list. This is not true. There is a waitlist that you will likely have to go on.

Your situation, as you’ve described it, suggests you should ask, “Where do I want to be?” If your heart is set on VGF, then buy resale there based on what is your likely best UY. Then plan on going on a waitlist for 75 direct from said UY. You’re going to be spending a lot of money to have that eating away at you.

Know that if you buy enough points for a studio at either resort, even at 11-months during high DVC times, you’ll have to be limbered up and ready to go at 8am.

Maybe you buy VGF resale and a fixed week direct at CCV?

Double the home-resort advantage goodness and member benefits all rolled into one big fat wad of cash.

Then you put your blue card in clear plastic at the end of a lanyard and walk around like a Disney nerd boss. Arms out, chest puffed up, “Yeah, b*%*$s. Blue card represent.”

Thank you both. That’s very helpful. I think I will try for VGF, going for resale first.

As far as the studio availablity, I think I have that figured out. For VGF I’m going to plan on enough points for a lake view studio, and my regular trip has fallen into January. Eventually I do want to get enough points for a regular Oct / Nov trip, but I know that I’ll need to be more flexible and on the ball for that one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter