Questions about Nassau Excursions

DisneyMSF

Mouseketeer
We are taking our first Disney Cruise in April, and I have some questions about the excursions when we are in Nassau.

How have people liked the Discover Atlantis and Blue Lagoon excursions?

Also, is it possible to do these on our own and then do both (i.e. go to the Altaltis aquarium in the morning, and then head over to Blue Lagoon). Will it be difficult to get around Nassau "own our own?" Also, at the Atlantis aquarium, do you have to take a tour, or can you explore it at your own pace?

And finally (at least for now :) ), any comments on the Caribbean Queen snorkel tour. Is it worth it? We love to snorkel, but it sounds like you can snorkel at Blue Lagoon, so I thought maybe we'd try that - plus, planning to snorkel at Castaway Cay.

Thanks!

we did the blue lagoon island last week. It was great. I don't know if you can do it on your own. It is a 45 minute boat ride to the island from nassau. It is kinda like a ferry ride. You may want to look it up on the internet and see if there are independent excursion companies that you could book through. But, we left at 9:30 am. and got back at 3pm. With 1 1/2 hour ferry ride and a 20 minute walk from the ship to the ferry (post 9/11 security). I am thinking it would be hard to do both, but check into your options.

If you want to price the dolphin encounter...see dolphinswims.com. They have transportation from a pier included...however, if you want to stay on the BL island after the encounter (like our family)...I found it was better to go w/ the DCL excursion. If you book thru the .com then your transportn leaves immediately after the encounter. I would double check all of this - I called the phone number listed ...I think it's 242-363-1003. The price is $75.

Keep in mind the DCL excursion includes lunch (mediocre lunch) plus the day at BL and transportation.

You can also book a BL day by checking out another site. It was some kind of nassau site. If you're interested do a search on this message board and type in dolphin encounter...you'll get all kinds of good info/opinions.

Kendra

I'm not sure if the "Discover Atlantis" excursion includes access to the aquariums. It definitely <i><b>does not</b></i> include access to the pools and water slides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter