Questions about Teppanyaki at Epcot

Mickeyhugger

DIS Veteran
My DH, DD and I need to decide soon as we'll be WDW in November.

We're eager to try Teppanyaki, as we're big fans of Japanese steakhouses. (We love Benihana's!)

What are anyone's thoughts? I notice on an unofficial WDW website menu that steamed rice is available. Do they have fried rice as well? Is the food fabulous, or just okay? We've rarely been disappointed w/WDW dining, and hopefully this will be one of our next favorites.

I'm eager to read anyone's advice.:D

We ate there last year before the Candlelight Proc. The food was good, but not great. However, the dipping sauces they serve are the best we've ever had at that type of restaurant. I do remember steamed rice...not sure if fried rice was available. Our chef wasn't very entertaining, but we kind of coaxed him along and he did get better. You get lots of food, but I still thought it was a little pricey. Overall it was a good experience, but I'm not sure we'd want to go back again.

Hope this helps.

Its an average Benihana, I usually recomend trying somehwere else that you haven't tried.

If you expect to be at WDW frequently, try it, it is an experience. If this is one trip in many years, there are more uniquely WDW experiences.

This is one of our favorites. I believe only steamed rice is available. I think the food is very good and similar to what we have locally (Benihana's, Arigato's, Kobe's). If you like that kind of food anyway, I'd try it. We've never been disappointed here.

WEll in a 2 week period we go to eat Japan 3 or 4 times. It is one of our favorites. It is like Benihana's, but they do not serve fried rice. Benihana's is something we don't do to often at home, just because of expense. So, when we are on vacation we like to spluge a little.
Also, eat at lunch the prices are much cheaper and the portions are very filling.

We too like it for lunch. The menu is the same as for dinner but it is cheaper and maybe slightly smaller but you can't tell by me. This the one place we always go to when we are at Disney. My family loves it.

We've been there a couple times, the last time we took my niece there 4 years ago. I thought our local Benihanas was better as far as the chef's entertainment and the food was about the same.

We ate there last September and loved it! I liked it so much that I'm planning on going there again next trip. Lunch is a great time to go if you are not so interested in seeing the show. The guy we had did a good show for our lunch. But it has been my experience that most restaurants of that style don't have as big of a show at lunch.

When I read the menu I wasn't too thrilled about getting steamed rice instead of fried rice. I just don't like to eat plain rice. Blah! But it was the best rice I have ever had!!!!! I can't wait to eat more. I don't know what they do to it, but it is wonderful!!!!

It's one of our favorites. We like doing lunch better than dinner because it is cheaper. And we still walk out stuffed. The show depends on your chef. Some are more friendly than others. But the food is always good.

same price as benihanas & food about same quality. Nice atmosphere , good show....very entertaining

make a ressie, you won't be disappointed

We just ate dinner at Tempanyaki in August and really enjoyed it! We thought the food was very good and the chef was a lot of fun. THe portions were huge and I thought we really got our money's worth. I think you will enjoy it. Have a good time!

we ate there in august--with a family with 4 teen girls, all of whom split one lunch! The chef was entertaining in a low key way and gracious about the 4 way split.

My DS had the lobster tail/tenderloin combo--the steak in his was much better than the sirloin we had and just about to die for!

we had the ginger ice cream and it was outstanding.

the kiri beer was very good as well....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter