Questions from a Rundisney newbie

aac2407

Earning My Ears
My sister and I just completed the Princess 10K a week ago and I already want to do another rundisney race. We are looking at Marathon weekend 2021 and thinking about doing the Half Marathon. For Princess we booked a package with a TA to get the bib

1.) If I want to rent DVC points are we able to have a TA book our bib if we can't register in time for the general public? Or if a TA secures the bibs does it have to be a package through Disney?

2.) How does running for the charities work? I would like my money to go to something worth while if it can, but does it cost more? Also, same question above could we get a bib from a charity and then rent DVC points?

3.) How do proof of times work? We were in corral E for Princess and it was very bogged down that far back (we literally could barely run without running into people) and the character lines were super long so our total time (mostly because of bathroom issues and characters) was around 2 hours (definitely not indicative of actual time we can finish a race). The not being able to run was a frustration of my sisters so I'm wondering how we go about getting in an earlier corral.

Thank you all for your advice!

My sister and I just completed the Princess 10K a week ago and I already want to do another rundisney race. We are looking at Marathon weekend 2021 and thinking about doing the Half Marathon. For Princess we booked a package with a TA to get the bib

1.) If I want to rent DVC points are we able to have a TA book our bib if we can't register in time for the general public? Or if a TA secures the bibs does it have to be a package through Disney?

2.) How does running for the charities work? I would like my money to go to something worth while if it can, but does it cost more? Also, same question above could we get a bib from a charity and then rent DVC points?

3.) How do proof of times work? We were in corral E for Princess and it was very bogged down that far back (we literally could barely run without running into people) and the character lines were super long so our total time (mostly because of bathroom issues and characters) was around 2 hours (definitely not indicative of actual time we can finish a race). The not being able to run was a frustration of my sisters so I'm wondering how we go about getting in an earlier corral.

Thank you all for your advice!
1. No, if you go through a TA you have to book a cash room through them as part of securing a bib. It is a 2 night minimum.

2. Each charity has different requirements. I would suggest looking at the different charities to see which may work for you. You can get a charity bib in most cases and then rent DVC.

3. Corrals are based on submitted times. So let's say you submit a 2:10 half marathon that should put you in the C corral usually. If you don't submit any time the last 2-3 corrals are where those people are placed. Proof of times are all based on your anticipated finish time based on a previous race you have completed. In order to move up you would need to submit a faster time.

1. No, if you go through a TA you have to book a cash room through them as part of securing a bib. It is a 2 night minimum.

2. Each charity has different requirements. I would suggest looking at the different charities to see which may work for you. You can get a charity bib in most cases and then rent DVC.

3. Corrals are based on submitted times. So let's say you submit a 2:10 half marathon that should put you in the C corral usually. If you don't submit any time the last 2-3 corrals are where those people are placed. Proof of times are all based on your anticipated finish time based on a previous race you have completed. In order to move up you would need to submit a faster time.

Thank you! Some follow up questions

Where do I go to look at the different charities and what their specific requirements entail?

Is it difficult to secure a half marathon bib for marathon weekend? Also, my mom said she might want to do the 10K and I may want to sign my oldest son up for one of the races as well. How difficult is it to get multiple bibs on registration day?

Last one I promise: Do 10K times work for the half marathon? I was thinking this half would be my first so I will do some more local 10Ks or maybe a 10miler before to submit times.

Thank you! Some follow up questions

Where do I go to look at the different charities and what their specific requirements entail?

Is it difficult to secure a half marathon bib for marathon weekend? Also, my mom said she might want to do the 10K and I may want to sign my oldest son up for one of the races as well. How difficult is it to get multiple bibs on registration day?

Last one I promise: Do 10K times work for the half marathon? I was thinking this half would be my first so I will do some more local 10Ks or maybe a 10miler before to submit times.
Some of the charities are listed in the RunDisney FAQ thread pinned to the top of this board. There should also be listed on the RunDisney website though they may not all be updated if registration isn’t near for the race you want.

The half at marathon weekend is a very popular distance but it’s not something I would consider difficult in getting. Usually the 5K and 10K distances sell out first. RunDisney has made it somewhat easier to get multiple bibs on registration day. I would say as long as you are there ready to go on registration day you’ll get everything you want.

10Ks do works for a runDisney half. The specific information on proof of times can be found on the RunDisney website. You just need to make sure whichever race you run has trackable results so you can submit a link to your time.

A note on charities......running for a charity requires fundraising. Each one will have a different minimum amount and it may also vary based on the race. If you commit, you are on the hook for the minimum fundraising amount. You will also be paying for the bib on top of that. Some charities have a fundraising "floor" before they will even let you register, i.e. you have to raise a minimum amount before they send you the link to register for the race.

I ran for Chad Tough this past Marathon weekend. As an example, they had a $700 minimum and then the cost of the bib. I did Goofy, so that was $385. So in the end, my commitment was for $1085. I think I needed to commit the registration amount before I got the link--it was very last minute, and I basically footed the bill myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter