questions on the PAn Pacific in vancouver

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
I recently made a ressie for the HAmpton which is was told is near the airport and port and they have a free shuttle to take you to the port--the room is 527 CAN which is pretty pricey but I expected that

which I liked at the time--but now I'm reading great things about the Pan Pacific

but have some questions about that

I want to make sure this is the right place address is on Canada Place --is it the hotel that's connected to the port

their website says they'll take your luggage to the terminal--how does that work--once you get to the port do you have to pick up your luggage or is it like the Disney shuttle where your luggage is picked up from the resort and yiu don't see it again till they bring it to your room

this hotel is also much cheaper at 314$CAN

I also signed up for there loyality--I read you can get discounts and such with that

any other tips and advice on this hotel would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Yes, it's the one directly attached to Canada Place.

This is our experience - When we checked in we told them that we would like to take advantage of the luggage delivery to the ship. They asked us which ship and instructed us to call them to pick up the luggage in the morning of the cruise. I don't recall getting any written info or notice about it, but we could have received one.

After packing, we called and someone came up and picked up our luggage (I believe he asked for some cruise info) and provided us with a receipt/tags, and after tipping him, he left. The next time we saw our luggage was outside our stateroom.

Don't get me wrong, I was a bit nervous...I'm used to the one at WDW to Port Canaveral and for some reason, I wasn't nervous about it. I guess I equate it to the service being from Disney so there's only one place it will go. For this one, there are at least a couple of ships docked. But it turned out to be well managed and organized.

The one tip I can provide with regards to dining is to go out of the hotel where there are numerous restaurants that are a bit better than the one in the hotel.

Hope that helps.

I would choose the Pan Pacific over whatever Hampton that is (note: the Vancouver Airport is about a 30 minute drive, give or take 10-15 minutes, from downtown Vancouver, where the Port is located). That's a substantial savings, and it is literally right where the port is.

thanks for the helpful reply

I also tend to worry about how things will go that's why I like this board to much anytime you ask a question theres always someone who has gone through it

it strange also that the Pan Pacific is much cheaper then the Hampton I have originally book (which I will be cancelling and changing later today)

so with my $ I Saved I'm going to upgrade our seats to I think its called business first class on air Canada and surprise my DH

I would do it round trip but its 200$ more to come home FC then going (its almost 400$ for both of us to go but $600 to upgrade to come home

Ill have to think about that one

thanks again

We're staying at the Pan Pacific this time for the Alaskan Cruise special and the location overlooking the terminal. Last time we stayed at Fairmont Waterfront which is just across the street from the pier. Both are excellent hotels...for the price.

I would definitely recommend going with the Pan Pacific. That area is very pedestrian friendly. There is a lot to walk around and see in that area. We spent a lot of time walking around that area and just taking in the sights. We really enjoyed our time in VC and look forward to returning some day.

Have a great trip!!

That is astonishing that a Hampton is so much more expensive than the Pan. Definitely go for the Pan in that case.

Definitely recommend the Pan Pacific. We didn't take advantage of the luggage transfer; we were also nervous about that. In all honesty though, there is really no need. You literally take the elevator down, roll it down the sidewalk in the parking garage, and drop it at the same place as everyone else; it was very easy.

Everything about the Pan Pacific was nice. There is quite a bit in that area. We only flew in the day prior to the cruise, but that evening we walked about 3-4 blocks to Rexall pharmacy for a couple last minute things like drinks and then ate dinner across the street. The next morning we walked back across the street for breakfast at Tim Hortons, walked alongside the ship outside the hotel, went back up to the room to grab our luggage, took the elevator down and began the boarding process.

These are not my photos, but this is the view of the ship we had outside our hotel room window that morning. You can walk right up next to the ship (the sidewalk/railing at bottom left of the second photo). I think some people on our cruise even got up in time to see the ship come into port.

Alaska+Cruise+Disney+Wonder+2013+036.JPG

Alaska+Cruise+Disney+Wonder+2013+045.JPG

We stayed at the Pan Pacific last August for a cruise and had no problem with the luggage transfer. I had a concern about exactly how to get to the cruise check in but the staff was very nice and walked the route with me the day before so I knew exactly where to go.

For the cost savings, you made the right call to switch to Pan Pacific. Not only can you just wake up, and roll over and onto the boat, you will also be in downtown Vancouver. If you haven't been there are plenty of parks and activities. Plus there will be an abundance of shopping and dining. None of which sounds appealing near an airport!

Another option is the Pinnacle, which is only a couple of blocks from the cruiseport (and it's all downhill). Great hotel, and it was about half the price of the Pan Pacific when we stayed there for our cruise last year.

I loved the Pan for my family in 2016 and had no problems with the luggage transfer. I loved waking up and opening my drapes to see the Disney Cruise ship right outside my window!

Because the Pan is connected to the port, the hotel staff takes their service elevator all the way down and drops the bags with the cruise line. There's not even a middle man. Our bellman said it was super easy for them.

The location is awesome. It's super easy to walk to great restaurants. Starbucks is attached at the front. There is also a food court connected to the hotel with an underground tunnel. That's what we did for breakfast. Rental car returns for several agencies are attached as well.

If you have extra time, Fly Over Canada is right there. It's a bit pricey but very fun.

I'm an early riser, so I woke up to see the Wonder arrive in port. That was a very fun experience.

6ED8F0EC-F063-4151-BDC4-9FBBD4383001.jpeg

92F8F5AC-991F-4B18-9436-0FACD5F1BF6D.jpeg

142760F7-CA48-444F-96FD-7E9E63A4E826.jpeg

8B0FA42E-47D3-49A5-B9F1-740D357982AF.jpeg

C3F9D502-42A4-4C27-8C98-464A868FD6A2.jpeg

We stayed at the Pan for our 2015 cruise. It was very nice and you can't beat the location. I got up early and watched the Wonder come in along with a bunch of our cruisers.

Spent 3 nights at The Pan Pacific before our cruise in 2013, we loved it.
Good decision on your part switching, I can't imagine that a Hampton Inn is more expensive than this hotel.
They offered a Sunday Opera brunch when we stayed there and it was amazing, just as good as Palo in my opinion. If you want a splurge and they're still offering it go for it!!!
Have fun!

Also, it is super easy to take your own luggage down if you want. We did that, as I NEVER leave my luggage with anyone. I am just OCD like that. Another tip is to check out last minute travel club. you can get a free membership through a lot of sources and they have extremely discounted rates. We got Pan for like $150 USD a couple of years ago.

Thanks for mentioning this. I decided to check the night before our August 2018 departure and found the rates on Pan Pacific were only about $40-50 more than our previous hotel a couple blocks in. Much more reasonable than when I first looked.

Funny how they are a lot cheaper now than the rates for next year. But great for you! I’ll have to remember to keep checking back next year for our cruise.
The difference between our November 2017 reservation and last week's inquiry of the Alaska Cruise package was $150 CAD per night. Definitely pays to keep researching and asking about the best price.

Last edited:
Definitely recommend the Pan Pacific. We didn't take advantage of the luggage transfer; we were also nervous about that. In all honesty though, there is really no need. You literally take the elevator down, roll it down the sidewalk in the parking garage, and drop it at the same place as everyone else; it was very easy.

Everything about the Pan Pacific was nice. There is quite a bit in that area. We only flew in the day prior to the cruise, but that evening we walked about 3-4 blocks to Rexall pharmacy for a couple last minute things like drinks and then ate dinner across the street. The next morning we walked back across the street for breakfast at Tim Hortons, walked alongside the ship outside the hotel, went back up to the room to grab our luggage, took the elevator down and began the boarding process.

These are not my photos, but this is the view of the ship we had outside our hotel room window that morning. You can walk right up next to the ship (the sidewalk/railing at bottom left of the second photo). I think some people on our cruise even got up in time to see the ship come into port.

Alaska+Cruise+Disney+Wonder+2013+036.JPG

Alaska+Cruise+Disney+Wonder+2013+045.JPG

From the first photo, it looks like our room was just to the left of yours. It certainly was a great view. I did get up a bit early, not much, but I was able to see it dock. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter