Queue line etiquette....

zandjmom

Mouseketeer
Ridemax gives me an option of having a "runner" get the fastpasses. If my family gets in line for the next ride can the runner jump to where we are? I don't want to get in trouble for cutting but it seems like this would save a lot of time. Any opinions on this?

I'll be there on Monday, I cant wait!!

Cutting in line to be with your party is a controversial topic....but....since you asked, I will give you my opinion.

I take no offense to having one or even two people cut in front of me to be with their group, lots of time it is a grown up who is returning from the restroom with a little one. The ones who chap my hide, if you will, are the groups that have like one or two people in line and all of a sudden their six friends "excuse me" through the line and meet up with their group. That is just plain rude IMHO.

In your case, dad getting FP's and joining his family in front of me is perfectly acceptable. :) Have a wonderful trip.

I'm with you on the group thing. This would only be one of us joining up after getting the fastpasses and it wouldn't be that many times but it only takes one time to get people upset.

I agree! Nothing wrong with one or two people rejoining their group in line. But when one person is holding the space for about 10 people, that just blows! Totally rude!

We just returned from DL and used RideMax. I think the intent of the runner is just so that everyone doesn't have to go get the fastpasses. The rest of our group either stayed where we were or went ahead to the next ride and waited for the runner, but it was only for just a minute when he was back. We were still ahead of our planned RideMax schedule this way. If you go ahead and get in line, your runner will be there very quickly.

p.s. be aware that when you run a RideMax schedule for the day, you can run it several times with the same rides and will come up with a different plan so you have many options. Just click "make my plan" over and over again!

Usually it doesn't bother me. Especially if it's for a ride like Splash Mountain....you want to sit with your family, not a bunch of strangers.

I do remember waiting in line for Storybook and about 10 people climbed in front of us. That bothers me.

Spectrobelle - Thanks for the info on different plans. I'll try it. I think we will just wait until the runner gets back. I didn't realize it would be so quick.

I'm off to pack.....

SpectroBelle said:
We just returned from DL and used RideMax. I think the intent of the runner is just so that everyone doesn't have to go get the fastpasses. The rest of our group either stayed where we were or went ahead to the next ride and waited for the runner, but it was only for just a minute when he was back. We were still ahead of our planned RideMax schedule this way. If you go ahead and get in line, your runner will be there very quickly.

p.s. be aware that when you run a RideMax schedule for the day, you can run it several times with the same rides and will come up with a different plan so you have many options. Just click "make my plan" over and over again!
Spectro is right. The runner option in RideMax does not depend on others getting in line and holding a spot. However, if you can do this it will put you ahead.

I am the FP runner in our family, and what we usually do is send the group on their way elsewhere while I am getting a FP. This might mean to the next ride, or it might mean to a restroom or restaurant or back to the hotel for a break.

If my family gets in line while I am fetching a FP, we try to do it only for rides with exposed lines. This makes it easier to join the group rather than walking past people saying "excuse me, excuse me, my family is up ahead".

Which rides at DL and DCA have exposed lines? Well that is a big question. Most of the FantasyLand rides do, especially Matterhorn. Mickey and Minnie's Houses in ToonTown are exposed. POTC is mostly exposed. Buzz Lightyear is mostly exposed. Most of the Paradise Pier rides at DCA are exposed.

Great tips, Hydroguy. I also printed out your FP info and will read up on that on the plane.

Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter