• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rachael and Wayne's Fairytale Wedding and Honeymoon

HurriKahneRachael

Earning My Ears
Although I followed the boards a bit prior to the wedding (to get some ideas/advice), I never made a planning journal. So I'll bring you up to speed, then tell you how fabulous our wedding and how wonderful everyone was!

Everyone seems to give a little background on themselves... so for that:
Wayne and I met in March 2006 through work- he was my boss! We started "officially" dating in May 2006 and have been inseparable since. Oh yea, we don't work together anymore! We did the "for richer and poorer" and "sickness and health" thing wayyyyyyyyy before the wedding. Here is our first "official" picture as a couple:
rachaelwayne.jpg

On July 10, 2007, Wayne and I went to his mother's house for dinner. I was slightly suspcious because of a conversation he had with his mom... but I really didn't have any solid "proof". That night, his mom told me where to sit at dinner... I thought "this is it!" and checked the salad, inside the glass, under the napkin, EVERYTHING! NOTHING!!!! I was sooooooooo disappointed through dinner... then came dessert. By this time I was "over it" so to speak and didn't think it was happening. His stepdad was chatting with me, while his mom put a candy dish out. I was in my own little Rachael world chatting away, when I noticed the candies, M&M's, were purple (my favorite color) and white. I looked at them and noticed a few had my name on them... then I realized the rest said "will you marry me?" As I'm piecing this all together, I see Wayne's mom with the camera and he was down on his knee, smile from ear to ear. I was in such shock, he actually said "well, will you???" because I wasn't answering. His mom said "can I see" and still in shock, I handed her the dish of M&M's... she said "not the candy, the ring!!!" Here's the real engagement shots:
WayneAsks.jpg

RachaelSaysYes.jpg

Next post... Planning

YAY Rachel!!!! I am glad you are doing a Trip Report. Your pictures didn't show up though. :sad2:

I know!!!! Someone just told me to upload them to photobucket... I'm really stupid when it comes to computers/internet stuff- like the myspace mood thing!!!!

Your engagement story is too cute.

You can resize your pics on photobucket as well. Click edit, resize, and then you can pick preset sizes or choose the width and height yourself.

Your engagement story is too cute! your DH looks so excited, you are a beautiful couple! :goodvibes Can't wait to read more!

I started this thread with really good intentions of getting everything on here in a timely fashion...

... we see how well that worked out!!! I am in Grad school and when I say I have no time... I mean I should be reading 83247387432 pages of text right now instead of writing this!!!

But I wanted to let anyone who reads this know that I have some days off (from school and work, yay!!!) coming up... and I will DEFINITELY have more, if not all of it, posted!!!

I have nothing but good things to say about the people at Disney.... so it will all be raving reviews and awesome pictures!!!!

Rachael

PS- I have a myspace with all the pictures if you want to check them out (sans raving reviews about the people at Disney)... I'm private, so just send me a message on there saying you're from DISboards. My display name is HurriKahne Rachael

hahaha, that is an AWESOME engagement story. Congrats! Can't wait to hear more!

Thanks!!! I thought he did a good job- he says he thought of it all by himself when he saw you could personalize M&M's!! I'll believe no TOLD him, but he probably saw it on the M&M's website... lol

I should take a picture of the M&M's and post them too... they are awesome... we have a bag still saved in the freezer!!!

Your engagement story is too cute! your DH looks so excited, you are a beautiful couple! :goodvibes Can't wait to read more!

Thanks DisneyGal... you'll love the wedding pics when I get them up... I'm thinking I'll probably have at least the wedding done by Thursday/Friday night- check back then!!!!

My wedding planning EPITOMIZES a woman not being able to make up her mind!!!

We started planning a wedding here in Jersey in July 2007. We are Nascar fans and our date had to incorporate our favorite driver's numbers. So we had to get a 9 and at least an 8 in there, though hubby wanted to honor the late, great Dale Earnhardt Sr. and get a 3 in there too.... this was before Jr. was the 88!!! :drive: We knew we wanted a Friday or Sunday because, at least here, that's cheaper! (And we were footing the bill, not either sets of parents). So we picked 09/26/08. Clearly we had the 9 and the 8 going... and we figured 2+6=8 so that worked too... then it really worked when Jr. became the 88, then we had the two 8's for hubby... :rolleyes:

We put down all the deposits and started all the planning... then it got DISASTROUS!!! We wanted something small for a few reasons:
1. COST
2. How many of the people do we actually talk to and like anyway?! (Seriously)
3. We wanted to enjoy our day, not say hello to 300 people

Well 50-60 people turned into almost 200. Mainly because of my mother... well if you invite Uncle Bob, you have to invite his 5 brothers and sisters who are all married... so now you went from 1 person you like, to 10 additional people you only see at weddings and funerals. It was getting stressful, to say the least. Then there was why does my friend get invited but I want to cut 15 cousins we only see once a year (if that). BECAUSE IT'S MY DAMN WEDDING!!! I did get very hostile about this point... I was Bridezilla. Rightfully so though!

We finally get the guest list cut to 102 (such an odd, yet even, number). Then things started getting screwy with the florist. If you live in South Jersey- do not use Pocket Full of Posies for your wedding. TELL YOUR FRIENDS!!! The woman there does awesome arrangements (ordered flowers there before for other things)... but she doesn't do a contract for weddings, and I didn't know I wasn't getting a contract until AFTER I paid the non-refundable deposit. I know this has nothing to do with Disney... but this is how I got to Disney (and it makes my Disney story that much better!!!)

Anyway... I kept trying to cut the budget wherever I could. Somehow, regardless of what I changed with the florist, the price only changed by a couple bucks :confused3 So we had the "big" deposit coming up with the country club (wedding and reception site) and I started FREAKING!!! We had just bought a house and things were tight :crazy2:

Before we got engaged, I said I wanted to just go away somewhere... but then once we got engaged... I got that whole "Princess for a Day... oooooh look at me" thing going on princess:

I saw a few ads for Disney in different bridal magazines (which other than learning about Disney were a COMPLETE waste of money... who can afford to do half the crap they say is "the in thing"??? Seriously...) and requested some info. Hubby was skeptical because he, who had been to Disney many more times than I had (I went once when I was 3, he went right before we met in 2006.. in addition to a few times before that), felt Disney + Wedding= VERY EXPENSIVE! I told him it didn't hurt to look into it... and promised not to do anything crazy!!!! ::yes::

So I made some phone calls after reviewing the information... and that will be my next post: DISNEY PLANNING, yay!!!!!!!!

I am really interested to hear how your experience with Disney Wedding Planners has been and also what to expect from them. Thanks for your posts!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter