RADISSON Resort at Port Caneveral

NJBILL

Always Keep An Eye To The Sky
I just booked our night before cruise at the Radisson resort. If anyone has been there and used the free shuttle service to the ships, I would appreciate any tips or advice.
Thanks.

Its a great hotel. Make reservations for the shuttle as soon as you check in.

We really liked it. The pool looked nice but it was roped off for a party or raining the entire time we were there. Hope you have better luck using it.
We didn't use the shuttle--we rented a car from Avis at MCO and drove down and then were the first ones on the Avis shuttle on Sunday morning. Looked like there were a LOT of people using the Radisson shuttle.
Robin M.

I was wondering where I could get a good deal to stay at this hotel. We are going to a wedding the day we disembark at this hotel and would like to stay there? Thanks!

Log on to radisson.com. There is an internet only special rate of $105.00 per night which is cheap.

Yes, make a reservation for the shuttle as soon as you get there. Know, however, if you get up early and show up and there's noone waiting they will take you over earlier than the res you made. There is also an Avis shuttle, that follows the same rule, no Avis customers, they take Radisson people. And, if the Radisson gets enough people needing the shuttle they are known to make a call to Disney to get them to come over and do a pickup or two as well. The one thing they collectively try to make sure of is everyone gets over there in good time.

Other tips:
The Radisson is a nice place to stay for the night, great pool.
They also have a nice Koi fish pond to just sit and relax by.
The breakfast buffet is also of good quality/quantity, they have a chef doing cook to order eggs.

Last week I made a reservation at the Radisson for two nights (26 and 27 February 2004) à 99 $ per night. As I can see it is a good rate.

We are flying in Orlando two nights before the cruise to relax.

I got the Raddison for $79 a night for the 2 double bed room. It was online. If you don't specifiy a discount type but choose show all you can see if there are any good deals out there. Ours is a AAA rate but last time I got the same price for an internet special rate.:D

We also stayed at the Radisson last year and have reservations this year under the Florribean rate for $99 per room. It is a nice hotel.

The one thing I caution people about is if you request a crib ask what type they have! Last year they gave us a OLD narrow wood style crib not a pack n play or such like we usually get when we travel and DCL provides.

The baby hated it, screamed the whole night and made all of us very tired for our first day. It was very narrow and was large even at a young age. I finally kicked my DH out of bed and and put the baby in bed with me......which always used to make me nervous when they are young and I am tired.

They may have newer cribs but we checked in late and maybe they ran out? I would check though for anyone needing one.

Do you have to book the "cruise rate" in order to use the shuttle? Or can I just book a regular room and still use the shuttle?

You can book any room and use the shuttle, far as I know. Last time we didn't have any kind of 'cruise rate'

The last time we stayed at the radisson at the port, it was $79; i just went online and found a rate of $85 which is still pretty good. you have to try all their special rates; i found that lowest rate by clicking on "special rates." we enjoyed our stay there, especially the pool.

I thought that the cruise rate allowed you to park there while on your cruise. Is that how it works?

I called and booked our room for the day after our cruise (we are attending a wedding at the Radisson). The lady gave me the wedding rate and said that long term parking was complementary for anyone. I also got an e-mail from the GM saying it was fine to park there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter