Rafiki's Planet Watch is Now OPEN - See Post #296

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how long that’s going to last though? I’m getting the sense that when they change the playhouse that they’ll be changing the meet and greets to the more current characters (e.g. Vampirina)
V replaces Jake.

Doc remains for now because her science exhibit that rotates through kids’ museums is scheduled through 2019.

Soon there will be nothing left to do without waiting in line
Very true. This stinks. This is just one more reason why I'm glad we're starting to move away from WDW as a primary vacation destination.

Last edited:
I wonder how long that’s going to last though? I’m getting the sense that when they change the playhouse that they’ll be changing the meet and greets to the more current characters (e.g. Vampirina)
Doc is still current tho isn’t she?

I do appreciate this post as it changes the way we tour our AK day. We are now heading back to the resort mid-day and then back for FOP and dinner at Y&Y, maybe staying for River of Light.

Thank you -->

Her last/final Disney Jr. channel episode was back in March.

There is one more season left to air- I’ve heard early 2019 is when it’ll start airing.

As Doc is on endless replay at my house I’m excited for some new ones! My toddler lives and breathes Doc right now

We love visiting Doc at Planet Watch as there is never a line and so we tend to get a long greet. One time it was walking around all of the center looking at the different exhibits

There is one more season left to air- I’ve heard early 2019 is when it’ll start airing.

As Doc is on endless replay at my house I’m excited for some new ones! My toddler lives and breathes Doc right now

We love visiting Doc at Planet Watch as there is never a line and so we tend to get a long greet. One time it was walking around all of the center looking at the different exhibits
Thank you! The CMs had been told the show was canceled but the touring science exhibit was continuing to finish the tour.

The final tour dates:

RPW is one of our favorite spots. Crap. :(
As older, retired RPW lovers, we are sad to hear it will become seasonal. We enjoyed the train ride, strolling through the hospital area and petting the animals. It was nice to have a stress free experience on our AK visits. As Florida resident weekday select AP holders, RPW will probably not be open when we are there :(

I guess I’m in the minority, but I never loved RPW. It just seemed like it was a big chunk of time to go all the way out there and back, and there wasn’t a whole lot to do. I can understand why they’d decide to cut it down to seasonal, there’s never many people there anyway.

They should reduce the ticket price during the season in which it is closed! After all they are saving a lot by not staffing it.

Will they continue to have the Dino Bash dance party? Do parks ever have two dance parties at a time?

Will they continue to have the Dino Bash dance party? Do parks ever have two dance parties at a time?
Dino Bash has always been considered a permanent addition to Dinoland. AK had 2 Dance Parties when they had Carnivale and the other in Africa running every night.

Regarding Rafiki's Planet Watch

The location will close permanently October 21st.

Characters that meet there (Rafiki and Doc) will end September 29th.

Regarding Rafiki's Planet Watch

The location will close permanently October 21st.

Characters that meet there (Rafiki and Doc) will end September 29th.

That's even more disappointing than going seasonal would be.

Of course, I arrive October 22.:sad2:

I wonder if there's a plan for the space and when we'll hear about it if there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter