Rain Jackets

brancam2003

Earning My Ears
Anywone got any ideas on rain jackets? I went to Walmart
yesterday and took a look at the emergency rain jacket they
have. Very thin and it put alot of emphasis on emergency.
Would only be able to use them once. Couldn't even get
it back into package. My husband laughed. Don't want
to carry normal jackets, trying to go really light.
Hope you can help. I keep reading that it rains everyday
in florida in the summer. How much and can you get away
with out a jacket?
Tina :p

Tina, just go to your local Dollar store and purchase those ones. Usually it only rains for a short while in the afternoons and then clears up long enough to continue. Even if it doesn't, just pull out the ponchos and away you go! At a buck a pop, if you can't fit them back into their pouches, they are disposable!

Hopefully you won't need them!

Scratch
:smooth:

The dollar store ones are great if you can find them.(yes you can just throw them away after one use and at1-2 dollars they are a bargain)The first time we went I could only find rain ponchos at our zellers store(in the camping section,where all the camp gadgets are)They are a bit more expensive but are more durable and if you are patient you can fold them and put them back in their pouch once they are dry(I still have one in my suitcase from 2000)So that could be another option for you as you can easily reuse them and in the long run will be less expensive.

We have taken the cheap ones every year in the summer and never had to use them. The rain ponchos have been carted back and forth every year-it does rain but we've always managed to duck into a shop or attraction until it passes.

I found rain jackets at Zeller's that turn into a backpack when you're not wearing them. Never saw them before but I'm trying them out this year. When you're wearing the jacket, you still have a backpack to use!

Thanks everyone who responded. I went to the dollar store and
found exactly what i was looking for. You got to love those stores.
They have just about everything you need. I also picked up a couple
of window shades for the boys in the backseat, a neck pillow, a couple
of toothbrush holders. If I can't find it so where else, I'm sure to find
it there.

Take care
Tina:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter