rain sneakers

disneyworldsk

DIS Veteran
I ordered a new sneakers yesterday online called vessi sneakers. they are supposed to be waterproof and i was thinking of keeping them for parks, whenever i get to go that is! I always have shoe/rain issues and worries what if my feet get wet and maybe this will be the solution. I hope they're comfortable and fit when they arrive. thought i would just pass this tip along, not sure yet if they will be successful as i haven't worn them yet in a parks rain related experience

I purchased a pair of waterproof Teva's 2-3 years back for the same reasons. They have been great for the Disney floods. Very comfortable to wear and so nice not having wet feet.

I purchased a pair of waterproof Teva's 2-3 years back for the same reasons. They have been great for the Disney floods. Very comfortable to wear and so nice not having wet feet.
were they more like boots? i was looking more for a comfortable sneaker which i had no idea they even made and was 'a thing'.

No, they look like "tennis shoe" style. They don't have tons of selections for this style but sufficient enough. Doesn't look like your setting out for a hike, lol.

I ordered a new sneakers yesterday online called vessi sneakers. they are supposed to be waterproof and i was thinking of keeping them for parks, whenever i get to go that is! I always have shoe/rain issues and worries what if my feet get wet and maybe this will be the solution. I hope they're comfortable and fit when they arrive. thought i would just pass this tip along, not sure yet if they will be successful as i haven't worn them yet in a parks rain related experience
In the warm weather you can’t beat Teva sandals. Great traction in wet weather.

Please update us... I never knew I needed them till this week at Disney. We were all soked the next day they were still not dry.. using the hair dryer on them before the parks.

ok! Got them yesterday!! I tried them on inside my house and they are super comfortable. Here's my question: they are more comfortable for some reason without wearing socks. I always wear socks in my sneakers and can't see all day in the parks without socks in them. So I think i will have to find super thin socks because my usual ones are too bulky I think. They are knit-type style sneakers so they go on like an enclosed mitten on your hand, super close to the skin, but once they're on the feet they are comfortable. I will try them on in the house again today. Love the style, they look like normal sneakers. (i won't wear sandals in the parks and i saw the teva ones recommended above online and they're too heavy/bulky. These vessi ones are lightweight yet supportive on the feet, so it seems. Now the ultimate test would be a rainday!!! I will wear them out when it rains here in nj for sure to test it out...

I own two pairs of the Everyday Sneakers and love them. I bought them specifically to wear at WDW but have started wearing them all the time. They are comfy for long park days and are 100% waterproof. We had a huge monsoon type rain yesterday here in Chicago and I walked to the train in the morning and my feet were completely dry.

They recently came out with a Weekend Sneaker line which is supposed to have a bit more arch support.

I own two pairs of the Everyday Sneakers and love them. I bought them specifically to wear at WDW but have started wearing them all the time. They are comfy for long park days and are 100% waterproof. We had a huge monsoon type rain yesterday here in Chicago and I walked to the train in the morning and my feet were completely dry.

They recently came out with a Weekend Sneaker line which is supposed to have a bit more arch support.
Did you wear socks in them?

I do wear them with socks. Normally just regular low-cut ankle socks. But i have worn the JCrew no-show socks with them a few times which might be something to check out. They are super thin and hold below the ankle. As someone who has worn a lot of boat shoes in the past the JCrew no-show socks are the best I've found.

I do wear them with socks. Normally just regular low-cut ankle socks. But i have worn the JCrew no-show socks with them a few times which might be something to check out. They are super thin and hold below the ankle. As someone who has worn a lot of boat shoes in the past the JCrew no-show socks are the best I've found.
Thank you. Now i'm second guessing the every day pair and maybe i will also purchase the weekend vessi's to try the difference. perhaps i made a poor choice. I will compare the two and return one. Thank you so much....

Received the Weekender Vessi and compared the two styles. Women's size 7. Weekender is wider and i was able to use my regular socks in them comfortably so I will be keeping the Weekender vessi and hopefully i can wear them one day in the future walking in disney world on a rainyish day!

I love having a good pair of water shoes! It's great having them dry so quick! I don't know what brand I have but I believe I got mine at Bass Pro Shops.

Received the Weekender Vessi and compared the two styles. Women's size 7. Weekender is wider and i was able to use my regular socks in them comfortably so I will be keeping the Weekender vessi and hopefully i can wear them one day in the future walking in disney world on a rainyish day!
I have very flat feet and usually buy shoes & sneakers with extra arch supports, or add in arch support insoles. My usual supportive sneakers are ASCICS trail shoes. On the Vessi website the Weekenders look to have a less supportive sole than the Everyday sneakers? I want the most comfortable, supportive pair if I have to walk WDW in them. Which do you feel is more supportive for the arches?

I have very flat feet and usually buy shoes & sneakers with extra arch supports, or add in arch support insoles. My usual supportive sneakers are ASCICS trail shoes. On the Vessi website the Weekenders look to have a less supportive sole than the Everyday sneakers? I want the most comfortable, supportive pair if I have to walk WDW in them. Which do you feel is more supportive for the arches?
The weekender was more supportive and I did remove the inserts and replace them with ones I buy that I prefer online. so that should be ok. and my usual socks fit well in them as well.

Just got my pair of weekenders and can also confirm they have a bit more support. I'm a big fan of Vessi!

Slightly off topic, does anyone have a recommendation for a rain pullover? I'd like something lightweight that is waterproof. I looked at a short sleeve one from Footjoy but they are pretty pricey. Thx!

Like one of the OPs, I'd opt for Tevas or another athletic sandal. When the rain comes in at WDW, it comes in sideways in a torrent and sheets down your legs. Any socks will wick water into your shoes. Wet shoes and humidity = blisters and lost toe nails. I've learned the hard way with waterproof shoes. Never again. Athletic sandals with a good aggressive tread for traction is the way to go for rainy, humid WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!