Rainforest Room in Spa

jott3

Mouseketeer
Are reservations required for the Rainforest room in the spa or could we just show up on the day we decide to try it? I think that is the only thing we want to try to do in the spa, and I want to avoid the reservation scramble if possible (will be heading for the Palo reservations right away, too).

Reservations are not needed once you buy the package you want. Just show up during the hours it is open.

It is cheaper to get it on the day you have another treatment. Also, cheaper by the week.

We did find that on our last cruise when we had the week long pass, there were a LOT of problems with the plumbing there and we weren't able to use it everyday. We did get refunded the days it wasn't operating. It is very relaxing and enjoyable though.

Rae

Jott3,

The plumbing problems experienced would have been on the Magic, and not the Wonder. Don't know if the Wonder has experienced as many problems or not! Seems I have heard that on some mornings, while in port, that perhaps due to maintaining the water and plumbing system, that there have been temporary water shortages???

PS: Hey, since it is cheaper to add the rainforest to a scheduled spa treatment, go for that massage or pedicure!!! :p

The Rainforest on the Magic was working great last week....love that Aromatic Spa! I must figure out how to build those heated benches and chairs.

The packages are a good value too. $30 for unlimited use for any 3 days and $50 for the week.

Yes, the problems were on the Magic in May. I also think that the personnel (Steiner not Disney) need an attitude adjustment - since so many are a bit "aloof" (there are exceptions though!)

Has anyone else experienced what I have with the personnel?

Rae

Rae--The girl that did my manicure was an absolute doll. But she's also not actually in the spa, but rather the salon.

But the surial attendent was so fast with everything that we didn't understand half of what she told us and she was gone before we could ask questions. We weren't looking for private adult time, just a relaxing experience, so a couple extra minutes wouldn't have mattered to us.

The massuese was OK, but yes, aloof.

They certainly weren't rude, but just not "next door neighbor friendly" like many of the other cruise staff. I wonder if Steiner gives them a code of conduct that expects them to be professional and cordial, but not particularly friendly.

The girl at the reception desk was the only person I thought was cool bordering on rude. I was in the spa three times on three seperate days, and she was never what I would consider even remotely cheery.

Anne

I thought the reception desk was the worst - although we had a weeks pass to the Rainforest AND other treatments, she was always a bit "snooty" - The girl who cut my hair in the Salon on the Wonder left hair clippings all over my face - I looked like Cousin IT from the Adams Family when I got to my cabin. I mean would it have taken any time to brush it off?!

The Personal Trainers on both the Magic and Wonder were very good - friendly, personable and now gone - maybe they were too nice for the "company policy".

I did write to Steiner and tell them about the "aloofness" of their personnel, but never heard a reply. Likewise, I wrote Disney and said that they needed to replace the Steiner people with Disney people because of the vast difference in attitude between them!
Nope, never heard anything either! But I felt better!!!

Rae

I want to avoid the reservation scramble if possible (will be heading for the Palo reservations right away, too).

Hey jott3 - call me crazy, but isn't THAT part of the reservation scramble???

The girl who cut my hair in the Salon on the Wonder left hair clippings all over my face - I looked like Cousin IT from the Adams Family

Nice visual, my dear Rae.

I mean would it have taken any time to brush it off?!

In the literal sense, yes...

Somehow I knew.....deep in my heart...I KNEW! That you would find that sentence in the gadzillions of sentences on the DISboards and somehow make a comment about it.....

When I was a "sweet young thing", I had hair past my bottom and actually could make a pretty good Cousin It!!!

Rae

I had hair past my bottom and actually could make a pretty good Cousin It!!!

Actually many, many, many, many years ago when I was a child I was Cousin It for Halloween. I brushed my hair over my face, I had a fake fur coat and a pair of sunglasses I put over my hair.:rolleyes:

Maybe I should rephrase the question, BD...

If I don't run up to the spa right away to make a reservation for a one-day pass, will the Rainforest Room "sell out"?

I know cabana massages and other treatments sell out quickly, but I wasn't sure about the Rainforest Room since it holds so many people.

I'd like to avoid having to run up there right away if at all possible, since we don't want to book any of the other treatments at the spa.

:D

Rainforest never runs out - there is so many things there and the most people I've ever seen there are 5 including myself and my Mom. It's never been very busy and you can go anytime!!

First thing to do on the ship is Palo - if that's your desire - then take deep breaths and relax!!!

Rae

HAHAHAHAHHAAHH!

Aren't we all a bit on the wild side at times?!

Rae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter