Rapunzel's Royal Table

MJDisFamCruisers

Mouseketeer
We will be sailing on the Magic in September and it will be the first time we eat in Rapunzel's Royal Table. Do they normally do the regular menu for that restaurant the 1st or 2nd time you dine there? It's a 7 night cruise so we will be eating there at least 2 times. Do they have more than one menu? Thanks.

Scott from Disney Cruise Line Blog was recently on a 7 nt mediterranean cruise with 2 nights in Rapunzels. Night 1 was the 'thug' menu, which is the Prince and Princess Menu with a Rapunzel's restaurant twist; Night 2 was the 'Lantern' menu--which is the main menu for the restaurant. His family did a shorter cruise on the Magic earlier this year where it was just the Lantern Menu, so he was able to compare the 2 trips. He said on the shorter trip they did all the entertainment in 1 night, for the longer one they split it between the 2 nights.

Here are the links to his 2 nts in Rapunzels--it's towards the end of each of the trip reports for those days:
Night 1: https://disneycruiselineblog.com/20...-mediterranean-cruise-on-disney-magic-at-sea/
Night 2: https://disneycruiselineblog.com/20...-on-disney-magic-livorno-italy-florence-pisa/

From experience, even on longer cruises (like our 12-night BI last year), they never repeat the same menu twice in a MDR.

Scott from Disney Cruise Line Blog was recently on a 7 nt mediterranean cruise with 2 nights in Rapunzels. Night 1 was the 'thug' menu, which is the Prince and Princess Menu with a Rapunzel's restaurant twist; Night 2 was the 'Lantern' menu--which is the main menu for the restaurant. His family did a shorter cruise on the Magic earlier this year where it was just the Lantern Menu, so he was able to compare the 2 trips. He said on the shorter trip they did all the entertainment in 1 night, for the longer one they split it between the 2 nights.

Here are the links to his 2 nts in Rapunzels--it's towards the end of each of the trip reports for those days:
Night 1: https://disneycruiselineblog.com/20...-mediterranean-cruise-on-disney-magic-at-sea/
Night 2: https://disneycruiselineblog.com/20...-on-disney-magic-livorno-italy-florence-pisa/

Thanks so much! We just didn't know how to plan it out with doing Palo for dinner one night. We didn't want to miss the dining room experience. Super excited!

Thanks so much! We just didn't know how to plan it out with doing Palo for dinner one night. We didn't want to miss the dining room experience. Super excited!

I've been wondering the same thing after reading Scott's blog last week - that's the first time I saw that there were 2 half shows and 2 different menus. I figure I'll wait to see what our dining rotation is, then check with them to see if a special Rapunzel night is conflicting with our Palo dinner and adjust accordingly. Not what I wanted to do on that first day, but I guess it is worth it since I don't know when we will have another chance to sail on the Magic. Ours is 10 nights, so I should be able to move Palo if necessary.

I've been wondering the same thing after reading Scott's blog last week - that's the first time I saw that there were 2 half shows and 2 different menus. I figure I'll wait to see what our dining rotation is, then check with them to see if a special Rapunzel night is conflicting with our Palo dinner and adjust accordingly. Not what I wanted to do on that first day, but I guess it is worth it since I don't know when we will have another chance to sail on the Magic. Ours is 10 nights, so I should be able to move Palo if necessary.

One suggestion so you don’t have to worry about changing Palo- you can call and request a specific dining rotation. It’s not a guarantee but we’ve done it bc daughter wanted Animator’s Palate for her actual birthday.

One suggestion so you don’t have to worry about changing Palo- you can call and request a specific dining rotation. It’s not a guarantee but we’ve done it bc daughter wanted Animator’s Palate for her actual birthday.

I thought about it but I'm already asking for a private table and I don't want to make too many requests. Plus since it's just a request I figured I'd still have to go and check anyway. But thanks for the suggestion!

We were also on the Magic for the 7 night Med cruise on June 2nd, and we were lucky enough to be in Rapunzel’s 3 times for dinner.

First night was thugs, second night was no show, and the third night was the lantern show.

Aby

I find it interesting that they keep changing this restaurant. It was Parrot Cay for a long time, then Cariocas (which I thought was an improvement) and now changed again. I find Rapunzel an interesting theme, but I'm not too fussed about it. I just hope they fixed the AC issue. On my last cruise, it was so freezing cold in that dining room, our server had to bring us a tablecloth to wrap ourselves in!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter